Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory 15:07 - Aug 29 with 839 viewsN2_Blue

I always used to have such excitment as a new season dawned from the annoucement of the fixtures all the way through to the pre-season games. Even when we haven't been our greatest, each new season was a fresh start and renewed optimism even if unwarranted.

That new season optimism had been replaced by dread. I have nothing to excite me football wise anymore, my love of Saturdays has changed, they are a day off, to do other things...whereas in the past they were always about football first. I want to not care and switch off but I can't so I have this empty feeling every saturday 3pm...no excitement about a game anymore, it's dull, crap and quite frankly quite boring. My ST has gone and i actually feel relived.

I can deal with losing when outplayed by an excellent side or if we have played some good football and given encouraging signs for the next game but this just doesn't exist anymore. I'm struggling to think of a club in the country when the fans have had to deal with such dross, lack of ambition and gnerally having no idea what its doing from its owner or manager.. This club is totally lost and I feel completely lost supporting it

* Please note this is not a reaction to a 1-0 pre-season defeat (although it hasn't helped and reenforces my message) but more realising I've never felt so low before the start of a season....basically no optimism for success in the third level of English football...jeeze sad sad times

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 15:30 - Aug 29 with 773 viewswaveneyblue

I said similar on Twitter. The club is decaying from the top down, the owner like the manager totally out of their depth, the fanbase sick to death of the situation and a group of bang average players. Im not even over reacting when i say i woulnt be surprised to see us flirting with relegation.
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 15:32 - Aug 29 with 768 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I always go into the new season with optimism and this season is no different. Hoping that Lambert has just been experimenting in pre season, rather than setting a plan in stone. I think we will be top 2 come the end and that excites me, even in the 3rd division.
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 15:34 - Aug 29 with 761 viewsTieDyedIn95

I haven't honestly been that confident about a Town season since about 2004-05 when we last had some good players and a manager that knew how to win games of football and be exciting at the same time! Aside from an accidental Playoff place in 2014-15 we have literally done nothing in years.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 16:08 - Aug 29 with 743 viewsRegencyBlue

New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 15:30 - Aug 29 by waveneyblue

I said similar on Twitter. The club is decaying from the top down, the owner like the manager totally out of their depth, the fanbase sick to death of the situation and a group of bang average players. Im not even over reacting when i say i woulnt be surprised to see us flirting with relegation.

Given that everything is pretty much the same as last season, bar the loss of a few loan players who have been replaced with out of contract players, I’m surprised anyone thinks the coming season will be any different to the last.

Even when we were picking up wins we were not playing well and our form from January was dreadful. I think a long hard season is coming and we will do well to finish mid-table again at best.
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 16:37 - Aug 29 with 702 viewshadleighboyblue

Sadly I have to agree . You always had hope at the start of a new season , with new signings to boost the team and a general positive feel about looking forward to the coming season.

After finishing the season so badly , there doesn't seem to be any sort of positive vibe around the club , it just feels like a continuation of last season.

We have no idea what our 1st choice team , today whether it was the 1st team or not , they should have been capable of at least giving it a good go against a Div 2 team , but it sounded clueless .

The whole thing feels uninspiring
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 16:45 - Aug 29 with 684 viewsDebsyAngel

Totally agree. This year especially, knowing that we cannot go the matches because of this bloody virus. It's not just the games, it's the routine of a matchday, and seeing people who I have not seen since March. I am especially worried if the older fans who I chat to every home game are not ok. I saw an old man who I chat to before each match on Thursday and he is not renewing his season ticket as he has no internet so cannot even see the matches while this plague rages on. I find that so sad - he has been going for decades. It's going to be weird watching the games on IFollow in my front room (hopefully my husband can get the Chromecast thing to work on the big TV), but not chatting to the people I know at the game and half time is not making me really relish the thought.
New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 16:45 - Aug 29 with 684 viewsMonkeyAlan

New season excitement...never has it seemed such a distant memory on 15:30 - Aug 29 by waveneyblue

This. I used to be so excited for the start of the season. Haven't been now for 3 or more seasons. The management, the owner, the players are all totally useless. None are fit to have anything to do with Ipswich Town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024