Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Hawkins 16:16 - Aug 29 with 965 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its been widely said that we were missing a big target man up front who could hold play up and bring others in.

So why the hell has Shambert, completely backed away from his 'tweaked' play out from the back system and started playing the appalling style that we all hated so much before.

Have we bought Hawkins just so we can go long?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So, Hawkins on 16:19 - Aug 29 with 926 viewshoppy

Why have a target man to then play them on their own rather than as part of a front pairing? Or have I misread the formation played?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So, Hawkins on 16:24 - Aug 29 with 869 viewscatch74

I’m imagining there’ll be points in the season where even Lambert’s 4-3-3 genius passing from the back master plan doesn’t work, may need to try something different. I guess we could go for it mid League game or try it out in a meaningless pre- season.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, Hawkins on 16:29 - Aug 29 with 814 viewsRegencyBlue

I would guess it’s going to be an option that is only used at times although with Lambert who knows!

I was surprised by the team we put out. Although pre-season results don’t mean much in the scheme of things I would expect the line up in the last such match to be close to the team starting the season proper, barring injuries.

If that was the case today Lambert has a death wish!
So, Hawkins on 16:31 - Aug 29 with 801 viewsMonkeyAlan

So, Hawkins on 16:19 - Aug 29 by hoppy

Why have a target man to then play them on their own rather than as part of a front pairing? Or have I misread the formation played?

I'm fed up with one man up front. It maybe fashionable, but we are cr@p at it. Not bite up front at all. Bunch of fairies the lot of them.
So, Hawkins on 16:34 - Aug 29 with 781 viewscatch74

So, Hawkins on 16:29 - Aug 29 by RegencyBlue

I would guess it’s going to be an option that is only used at times although with Lambert who knows!

I was surprised by the team we put out. Although pre-season results don’t mean much in the scheme of things I would expect the line up in the last such match to be close to the team starting the season proper, barring injuries.

If that was the case today Lambert has a death wish!

Don’t forget we’ve got some cup games to lose before the season starts proper.
You’d probably think Bishop, Dozzell and Downes would have a fair chance of starting the first league game, plus Ward and KVY, if they’ve recovered.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, Hawkins on 16:43 - Aug 29 with 720 viewsmanchego

If we are playing lambingo and the players have no clue what system we are attempting, these matches are pretty much a waste of time, fitness aside.
So, Hawkins on 17:41 - Aug 29 with 542 viewsWickets

So, Hawkins on 16:34 - Aug 29 by catch74

Don’t forget we’ve got some cup games to lose before the season starts proper.
You’d probably think Bishop, Dozzell and Downes would have a fair chance of starting the first league game, plus Ward and KVY, if they’ve recovered.

And there is one big problem after such a terrible end to last season it for me means a good start in these Cup matches is very important . If we go into this very important league season in the history of Ipswich Town without a win in god knows how many games it hardly helps .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024