Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The vocal majority 18:07 - Aug 29 with 910 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I have a concern.

I'm in the giving Lambert a chance camp but I don't think he has long at all. Putting a number of games on it isn't really a good idea because there are a number of factors that could mean he needs more or less games to show us that something has clicked, that we have an identity on the pitch, that the players are all pulling in the same direction and more importantly that we are in with a good shot of getting out of this league.

My concern is that there won't be crowds. In the event that we look completely inept in the first 5, 6, 10 games, no (or reduced) crowds means that our tongues have been ripped out and communicating our displeasure at either the team or the manager's performance becomes very difficult indeed.

Will this mean that, effectively, ME's intentions aside, Lambert has a free reign until voices can return to the stands?
The vocal majority on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 877 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

If I owned a football club, I would have a look at their biggest forum to gage how the fans feel. If I were a football manager, I would look at their biggest forum to gage how the fans feel. Those who say neither of them don't look on here, are having a laugh. I am not saying ME or PL are members or regular readers, but they must have the occasional look. I know I would.
The vocal majority on 18:17 - Aug 29 with 852 viewsTieDyedIn95

I don't think booing them for losing has any impact, it happened last season and nothing improved either way. The club didn't even register it.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

The vocal majority on 18:23 - Aug 29 with 836 viewsITFC_Forever

The vocal majority on 18:17 - Aug 29 by TieDyedIn95

I don't think booing them for losing has any impact, it happened last season and nothing improved either way. The club didn't even register it.

Phil mentioned it a little while ago and I think the club are so used to getting criticised in recent times, there’s an element of criticism fatigue - they’ve almost just accepted it as the new normal.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The vocal majority on 18:26 - Aug 29 with 818 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

The vocal majority on 18:17 - Aug 29 by TieDyedIn95

Yeah but following Lincoln in as late as January there were positive "we are top of the league" vibes... there can't have been many homes games between then and the end of the season.

I don't mean a few final whistle boos... I mean significant ill feeling/demonstration.

Has Covid-19 stripped that right from us?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 18:26]
The vocal majority on 18:29 - Aug 29 with 806 viewsBlue_Order

You can always make banners communicating your displeasure.

Whilst Evans might not act on them, they definitely register with him.
The vocal majority on 18:33 - Aug 29 with 787 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fans can influence when a manager goes, but form (or lack of it) will dictate it in the end.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The vocal majority on 18:46 - Aug 29 with 749 viewsSwailsey

The vocal majority on 18:33 - Aug 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Fans can influence when a manager goes, but form (or lack of it) will dictate it in the end.

Just not for the last season and a half no? :(

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The vocal majority on 18:47 - Aug 29 with 739 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The vocal majority on 18:33 - Aug 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Exactly this.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

The vocal majority on 18:47 - Aug 29 with 735 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The vocal majority on 18:46 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

Just not for the last season and a half no? :(

Covid saved his job.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The vocal majority on 18:48 - Aug 29 with 731 viewsSwailsey

The vocal majority on 18:47 - Aug 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Covid saved his job.

Sadly very true.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

The vocal majority on 19:01 - Aug 29 with 699 viewsITFC_Forever

The vocal majority on 18:26 - Aug 29 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Yeah but following Lincoln in as late as January there were positive "we are top of the league" vibes... there can't have been many homes games between then and the end of the season.

I don't mean a few final whistle boos... I mean significant ill feeling/demonstration.

Has Covid-19 stripped that right from us?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 18:26]

It was heading that way just before lockdown.... the “five more years, you’re having a laugh” chant got plenty of airtime, increasing in volume and numbers chanting it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024