Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Hey Dobra! 18:42 - Aug 29 with 2691 viewsSwailsey

Brighton think you’ve earned the right to move to a Premiership club, but you haven’t earned the right to be a in Division 3 squad photo. Professionalism is, and that is what I want”.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“Hey Dobra! on 18:57 - Aug 29 with 2324 viewsWicklowBlue

He wouldn't be in Brighton's squad photo either, if Dobra wants to get some first team minutes then he is in the right place.

Not sure what the rest of your post re. Professionalism is about.... #storminateacup
“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 with 2306 viewsJ2BLUE

It's being a bit overplayed but it does have that same undertone of mismanagement like Hurst fining youth players for taking water from the wrong fridge.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:00]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 with 2300 viewsChrisd

Do we not need to draw a line under this and move on from all this nonsense?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:01]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 with 2298 viewsTerry_Nutkins

“Hey Dobra! on 18:57 - Aug 29 by WicklowBlue

He wouldn't be in Brighton's squad photo either, if Dobra wants to get some first team minutes then he is in the right place.

Not sure what the rest of your post re. Professionalism is about.... #storminateacup

Journalist apologised for his errors. Let's see if Mr Swailes is up to the mark.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

“Hey Dobra! on 19:00 - Aug 29 with 2291 viewsSwailsey

“Hey Dobra! on 18:57 - Aug 29 by WicklowBlue

Second part was an Office quote.

No storm alluded to - just seems strange that someone who was interesting a Prem. team who play good football and who has looked very accomplished every time he has played for us, isn’t deemed worthy of a place in the team squad (photo).

My opinion of course, plus I’m slightly biased now that I actually despise PL and what he’s done to us, I am seemingly incapable of judging things rationally with him!!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:02]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

“Hey Dobra! on 19:01 - Aug 29 with 2274 viewsSwailsey

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 by Terry_Nutkins

Journalist apologised for his errors. Let's see if Mr Swailes is up to the mark.

Was he in the photo?

No.

That was my point, so no apology needed here.

You’re being awfully touchy. I’m just having a little joke.

Mountains and molehills!!.... (n/t) on 19:01 - Aug 29 with 2263 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

“Hey Dobra! on 19:03 - Aug 29 with 2251 viewsWicklowBlue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:00 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

Second part was an Office quote.

No storm alluded to - just seems strange that someone who was interesting a Prem. team who play good football and who has looked very accomplished every time he has played for us, isn’t deemed worthy of a place in the team squad (photo).

My opinion of course, plus I’m slightly biased now that I actually despise PL and what he’s done to us, I am seemingly incapable of judging things rationally with him!!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:02]

Can't remember but was Ben Knight in the squad photo that year?

Knight Completes Manchester City Move 1st Jul 2018 22:25
Academy youngster Ben Knight has revealed that he has completed his move to Manchester City. 23

Login to get fewer ads

“Hey Dobra! on 19:05 - Aug 29 with 2233 viewsSwailsey

“Hey Dobra! on 19:03 - Aug 29 by WicklowBlue

Academy youngster Ben Knight has revealed that he has completed his move to Manchester City. 23

Dunno, is he still here or did he move on to a club who nurtured his talent?

This place is awfully touchy around anything critiquing PL/TN.

I’m signing off, you guys are mean.

“Hey Dobra! on 19:12 - Aug 29 with 2208 viewsSwansea_Blue

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 by J2BLUE

It's being a bit overplayed but it does have that same undertone of mismanagement like Hurst fining youth players for taking water from the wrong fridge.

I don’t think it’s being overplayed, but yes it does look like mismanagement from the outside.

It’s been a right royal feckup by PL. Sure, get players fighting for the right to stake a place in the squad, but a non-playing event like a photo should be a simple team bonding exercise/bit of fun. To turn it into a performance related event is just bizarre.

It’s completely unnecessary, shows he’s out of touch with how we want our youth to be part of the club, and just gives people ammo for no sensible reason. It may well have fecked off those players too (I’ve no idea whether it did or didn’t though, obviously).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“Hey Dobra! on 19:14 - Aug 29 with 2202 viewsWicklowBlue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:05 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

I was just pointing out the flaws in your OP, which was not directly critiquing PL etc. That's all, but maybe you were just having a laff no offence meant.
“Hey Dobra! on 19:17 - Aug 29 with 2174 viewsITFC_96

“Hey Dobra! on 19:12 - Aug 29 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t think it’s being overplayed, but yes it does look like mismanagement from the outside.

It’s been a right royal feckup by PL. Sure, get players fighting for the right to stake a place in the squad, but a non-playing event like a photo should be a simple team bonding exercise/bit of fun. To turn it into a performance related event is just bizarre.

It’s completely unnecessary, shows he’s out of touch with how we want our youth to be part of the club, and just gives people ammo for no sensible reason. It may well have fecked off those players too (I’ve no idea whether it did or didn’t though, obviously).

This is exactly the point. It's such a ridiculous statement that they aren't in the photo because they need to "earn" the right to be in it. They were in a few first team games last season (him and El Mizouni) and have been given squad numbers for this season. There is no excuse to leave them out of a squad photograph session. It's just an inflammatory action which is just going to dishearten and annoy youngsters, pushing them further away from the club for absolutely no reason.
“Hey Dobra! on 19:20 - Aug 29 with 2160 viewsWicklowBlue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:12 - Aug 29 by Swansea_Blue

Maybe the players involved are not a key part of the squad this year. In fact I think the majority of them will probably go out on loan to get regular first team experience.

I think that too many people are jumping on this story to bash PL etc. I have very little confidence in PL but after last season the players need a shake up too, so will reserve my final sentence on PL when the league starts.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:21]
“Hey Dobra! on 19:28 - Aug 29 with 2114 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:05 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

You started a thread that was bound to invite a reaction. The point is that many Premier League clubs sign young players for the future who may not be ready to be regulars in a League 1 side. You are entitled to the opinion that Dobra should already be a first team regular however, there is insufficient evidence for that to be a conclusive opinion in most people's minds.

To invite the discussion (surely that is the point of most threads to allow people to agree and disagree), it seems a little sensitive to sign off simply because others disagree. I don't think anything here has been expressed overly robustly. I hope you will be back on soon. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's but no one has to accept anyone else's opinion without challenge.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

“Hey Dobra! on 19:34 - Aug 29 with 2075 viewsITFC_96

“Hey Dobra! on 19:28 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

You started a thread that was bound to invite a reaction. The point is that many Premier League clubs sign young players for the future who may not be ready to be regulars in a League 1 side. You are entitled to the opinion that Dobra should already be a first team regular however, there is insufficient evidence for that to be a conclusive opinion in most people's minds.

To invite the discussion (surely that is the point of most threads to allow people to agree and disagree), it seems a little sensitive to sign off simply because others disagree. I don't think anything here has been expressed overly robustly. I hope you will be back on soon. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's but no one has to accept anyone else's opinion without challenge.

Riddle me this, how's a young player meant to "earn" their place (in a squad photo!) if PR Paul plays the usual cohort of older and underperforming players all the time? And sorry, if any of them were shipped off to Premier League sides they would be loaned and starting in lower end Championship or L1 sides, not fighting to get into a team photo for a L1 team.

It's PR Paul's judgement against the judgement of 2 Premier League sides and a Champions League quarter finalist, and with his record it doesn't look good for him.
“Hey Dobra! on 19:41 - Aug 29 with 2048 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:34 - Aug 29 by ITFC_96

Riddle me this, how's a young player meant to "earn" their place (in a squad photo!) if PR Paul plays the usual cohort of older and underperforming players all the time? And sorry, if any of them were shipped off to Premier League sides they would be loaned and starting in lower end Championship or L1 sides, not fighting to get into a team photo for a L1 team.

It's PR Paul's judgement against the judgement of 2 Premier League sides and a Champions League quarter finalist, and with his record it doesn't look good for him.

The usual way a young player earns his right anywhere is by working hard in training and playing well in the reserves and cup matches or doing the same when out on loan. Showing the right attitude generally won't do any harm either. Then, when they have earnt the opportunity taking it when the first team slot becomes available for whatever reason.

I don't think many young players loaned from the Premier League get an automatic pass into the first team at Championship or League 1 level. Certainly here Georgiou, Civelli, Norris and many others haven't done.

“Hey Dobra! on 19:45 - Aug 29 with 2025 viewsSitfcB

“Hey Dobra! on 19:03 - Aug 29 by WicklowBlue

I because he was an academy youngster, as it says.

Dobra and El Mizouni have 19 combined appearances for the first team.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

“Hey Dobra! on 19:47 - Aug 29 with 2019 viewsWicklowBlue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:34 - Aug 29 by ITFC_96

Oh dear... Short answer Downes and Woolfenden. The EPL is hoovering up young players left right and centre, because of their financial power. How many of them end up in EPL squads? If you are good enough and have the right attitude you will play first team football.
“Hey Dobra! on 19:48 - Aug 29 with 2018 viewsITFC_96

“Hey Dobra! on 19:41 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

The usual way a young player earns his right anywhere is by working hard in training and playing well in the reserves and cup matches or doing the same when out on loan. Showing the right attitude generally won't do any harm either. Then, when they have earnt the opportunity taking it when the first team slot becomes available for whatever reason.

I don't think many young players loaned from the Premier League get an automatic pass into the first team at Championship or League 1 level. Certainly here Georgiou, Civelli, Norris and many others haven't done.

Not sure Norris is a good example considering Lambert basically superglued him into the team for most of last season, even after several mistakes.

We haven't got to the crux of the issue - Dobra, El Mizouni, and Ndaba all had squad photographs last year. What exactly have they done since then to lose their "right" to a photo other than barely get picked by PR Paul?
“Hey Dobra! on 19:57 - Aug 29 with 1987 viewspatrickswell

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 by J2BLUE

Someone made a comment about Hurst and water the other day which didn’t seem to make any sense. Thank you for providing clarity and showing just why Paul Hurst, in his own words, “failed to get the buy in from the players.”
“Hey Dobra! on 19:59 - Aug 29 with 1956 viewsBlueBadger

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 by Chrisd

Do we not need to draw a line under this and move on from all this nonsense?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:01]

Essentially this. Lambert is a rubbish manager, let's not be wrong, but the amount of analysis that people are putting into this is frankly, a bit mad.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Hey Dobra! on 20:02 - Aug 29 with 1940 viewsNthsuffolkblue

“Hey Dobra! on 19:48 - Aug 29 by ITFC_96

Not sure Norris is a good example considering Lambert basically superglued him into the team for most of last season, even after several mistakes.

We haven't got to the crux of the issue - Dobra, El Mizouni, and Ndaba all had squad photographs last year. What exactly have they done since then to lose their "right" to a photo other than barely get picked by PR Paul?

He ended up doing that after having constantly changed them. He did not play Norris from the off because he had come from a higher league. I think he then dropped later in the season too which would further reinforce the point.

The squad photo was of fewer players this season. That is the difference. I can understand it will feel like a backward step for these players. How they react to it will be the thing that matters most. If any one of them reacts well enough to make the progress Downes and Woolfenden already have great.

“Hey Dobra! on 20:02 - Aug 29 with 1937 viewsWickets

“Hey Dobra! on 18:59 - Aug 29 by Terry_Nutkins

Do you mean Watson has he apologised ?
“Hey Dobra! on 04:46 - Aug 30 with 1594 viewsBluearmy71

I'm sure you would have been happy with the pathetic offer Brighton would have tried to steal him for, well happy enough to moan about it as soon as you could that is!
“Hey Dobra! on 05:56 - Aug 30 with 1567 viewsjeera

“Hey Dobra! on 04:46 - Aug 30 by Bluearmy71

I'm sure you would have been happy with the pathetic offer Brighton would have tried to steal him for, well happy enough to moan about it as soon as you could that is!

What?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024