Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) 19:34 - Aug 29 with 2003 viewsMaySixth

[Post edited 29 Aug 2020 19:38]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:48 - Aug 29 with 1974 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I find Watson likes to make things controversial in order to get clicks and sell papers. It put me off buying the paper for sure (but presumably has the opposite effect on many more).

Whether he deliberately misrepresented or made a mistake here is another question. Easy enough to make a mistake when you don't research thoroughly enough so I will suggest that is most likely. I don't think he is that great at his job. There are also suggestions that sticking the knife in where ITFC are concerned plays well with Norwich-based Archant that employ him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:54 - Aug 29 with 1935 viewsIllinoisblue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:48 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

I find Watson likes to make things controversial in order to get clicks and sell papers. It put me off buying the paper for sure (but presumably has the opposite effect on many more).

Whether he deliberately misrepresented or made a mistake here is another question. Easy enough to make a mistake when you don't research thoroughly enough so I will suggest that is most likely. I don't think he is that great at his job. There are also suggestions that sticking the knife in where ITFC are concerned plays well with Norwich-based Archant that employ him.

That’s absolute nonsense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:58 - Aug 29 with 1924 viewsPJH

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:48 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Although I do not have a very high opinion of EADT since Terry Hunt's campaign against MM (even long after he had gone) I think Watson probably printed what he was told.

Whoever gave him the information either deliberately gave him incorrect information or did not know the full and correct facts themselves.
So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 20:03 - Aug 29 with 1881 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 19:58 - Aug 29 by PJH

Although I do not have a very high opinion of EADT since Terry Hunt's campaign against MM (even long after he had gone) I think Watson probably printed what he was told.

Whoever gave him the information either deliberately gave him incorrect information or did not know the full and correct facts themselves.

That is what I said.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 20:10 - Aug 29 with 1838 viewsPJH

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 20:03 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is what I said.

I suppose you did on reading your post again.

At first I thought you were suggesting that Watson more or less made it up-sorry.
So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 01:12 - Aug 30 with 1557 viewscatch74

Apparently they got the info from a Factual Blue.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 01:29 - Aug 30 with 1543 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

They have a Norwich HQ but offices all over the country.

If the new owners scale back EADT, you will get your wish.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 1:32]
So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:24 - Aug 30 with 1344 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 20:03 - Aug 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is what I said.

Just to clarify, my downarrow is for the suggestion Watson sticks the knife in where ITFC are concerned because it plays well with Norwich-based Archant that employ him.

As someone else said, that's just nonsense. Watson comes across, most of the time, as a supporter (or at least with a very strong soft spot for ITFC).

I suspect that this was nothing more than a misunderstanding, or a Chinese whisper that got exaggerated somewhere along the line. You can see how easily that could happen.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:30 - Aug 30 with 1327 viewsitfcjoe

Hardly lies, 90% of it and the general crux of the story is and was correct..

And you can guarantee the story will be via the players, either those directly affected, or those it has also p155ed off

Edit - it’s hardly a big row back from Watson
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 7:32]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 30 with 1310 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:30 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Hardly lies, 90% of it and the general crux of the story is and was correct..

And you can guarantee the story will be via the players, either those directly affected, or those it has also p155ed off

Edit - it’s hardly a big row back from Watson
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 7:32]

No-one suggested the general crux wasn't right, but the way they were supposedly told was the sensationalist bit. It would've been a fairly run-of-the-mill story if it wasn't for that.

I'm sure the young players were a bit frustrated. That's the point isn't it? To fire them up and make them earn that place.

I notice your original post you've left unedited. The truth's been out for a while now.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:49 - Aug 30 with 1276 viewsitfcjoe

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

No-one suggested the general crux wasn't right, but the way they were supposedly told was the sensationalist bit. It would've been a fairly run-of-the-mill story if it wasn't for that.

I'm sure the young players were a bit frustrated. That's the point isn't it? To fire them up and make them earn that place.

I notice your original post you've left unedited. The truth's been out for a while now.

Why am I going to go back and edit a post whixh was just reporting a story from the EADT? This is a message board.

I still think the whole thing from Lambert and Taylor is absolutely pathetic - especially with El Miz having earned the right in 2019/20 - it’s more terrible management from a terrible manager

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:01 - Aug 30 with 1222 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 07:49 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

Why am I going to go back and edit a post whixh was just reporting a story from the EADT? This is a message board.

I still think the whole thing from Lambert and Taylor is absolutely pathetic - especially with El Miz having earned the right in 2019/20 - it’s more terrible management from a terrible manager

Because it's wrong?!

Fine if you don't agree with the 'leaving them out as motivation' bit, but the idea they turned up for the shoot and were then told they weren't required - the sensationalist bit of the story - was wrong and should be edited.

There's enough damning news about this club without spreading fake news.

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:05 - Aug 30 with 1202 viewsSwailsey

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:01 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

Because it's wrong?!

Fine if you don't agree with the 'leaving them out as motivation' bit, but the idea they turned up for the shoot and were then told they weren't required - the sensationalist bit of the story - was wrong and should be edited.

There's enough damning news about this club without spreading fake news.

Hi Paul!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:07 - Aug 30 with 1192 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:05 - Aug 30 by Swailsey

Hi Paul!

Hi Donald!

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:09 - Aug 30 with 1172 viewsSwailsey

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:07 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

Hi Donald!

Eh?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:13 - Aug 30 with 1147 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:09 - Aug 30 by Swailsey

Eh?

You're calling me Paul because I want the truth printed, not fake news. So I called you Donald. Come on, I know it's early but you should be able to get that!

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:16 - Aug 30 with 1132 viewsSwailsey

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:13 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

You're calling me Paul because I want the truth printed, not fake news. So I called you Donald. Come on, I know it's early but you should be able to get that!

But wait, aren’t you Donald for calling it fake news?!

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:18 - Aug 30 with 1119 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:16 - Aug 30 by Swailsey

But wait, aren’t you Donald for calling it fake news?!

Not when it actually IS fake news!

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:19 - Aug 30 with 1115 viewsSwailsey

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:18 - Aug 30 by BrixtonBlue

Not when it actually IS fake news!

Let’s try again..

Hi Dolly!

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:22 - Aug 30 with 1098 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, who was behind the lies in the EADT? (n/t) on 08:19 - Aug 30 by Swailsey

Let’s try again..

Hi Dolly!

Hi Chris!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024