Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you 09:38 - Aug 30 with 1640 viewsbluelagos

And now being used by the police to prosecute you. On the one hand we want to see less dangerous drivers...on the other it feels very big brothery asking people to report xyz.

Thoughts?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 09:58 - Aug 30 with 1576 viewspointofblue

Don’t do something stupid and you won’t be caught. I do feel a bit for the last driver though; clearly saw the lights turn green up ahead and thought it was for them - perhaps why they were only sent on Driver Education Course.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:00 - Aug 30 with 1569 viewsbluelagos

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 09:58 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Don’t do something stupid and you won’t be caught. I do feel a bit for the last driver though; clearly saw the lights turn green up ahead and thought it was for them - perhaps why they were only sent on Driver Education Course.

A fair bit of debate on a motorbike forum about the tweet - mainly around the inconsistency in the fines.

Consensus is that the police offered people awareness courses and if they contested the charges in court - fines were means tested (hence the wide ranges)

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:09 - Aug 30 with 1550 viewspointofblue

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:00 - Aug 30 by bluelagos

A fair bit of debate on a motorbike forum about the tweet - mainly around the inconsistency in the fines.

Consensus is that the police offered people awareness courses and if they contested the charges in court - fines were means tested (hence the wide ranges)

Could be that if they plead guilty at Court they got a lesser fine too. If found guilty then the amount issued was higher.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:15 - Aug 30 with 1529 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fine by me.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 1496 viewsAce_High1

Conflicted - good idea in principle to improve driving standards, although I have to admit I have some bad habits and can be impatient behind the wheel when I am travelling for work..... I would be annoyed to be caught and prosecuted by one of these cameras but ultimately as others have said it would be my fault.

Food for though.
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 10:49 - Aug 30 with 1451 viewsgiant_stow

Scary. So many people ready to play policeman. The overtaking a caravan one was bad I spose.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 1428 viewsfactual_blue

OK. I won't report somebody breaking into your house.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 12:46 - Aug 30 with 1375 viewsGeoffSentence

Given that there seem to be so many who think that they can do what they like and fvck the rest of us I am inclined to think this is a good idea. Same for people treating the countryside like a dumping ground, people just dont care any more.

It's a shame because in an ideal world we'd be able to get on with it without The Man interfering, but that only works if every one respects everyone else.

PS I wish I had a dash cam show the world who the tw@t who decided to overtake a cyclist on a blind corner yesterday and nearly hit me coming the other way.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 12:48]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 12:57 - Aug 30 with 1351 viewsgordon

At the end of the day, most of these 'driving without due care' offences could be 'death by dangerous driving' on another day, and if enough people had dashcams / helmetcams, then people wouldn't drive like this, thus saving lives.
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 13:01 - Aug 30 with 1343 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 1333 viewsClapham_Junction

Got no problems with this - the more people that get caught and have to face the consequences of their actions the better.
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 13:34 - Aug 30 with 1301 viewsstonojnr

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 13:01 - Aug 30 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

actually you tend to find, not always, but mostly if you are camming things you tend to pay more attention to your own driving/riding anyway , because when you submit footage you cant just send the few seconds like theyve shown there of the action, its usually 5mins minimum of footage that includes the key part, but the police review the subsmission for anything that they can prosecute for and that includes the person submitting the footage.

so you submit footage, you are reporting your own rubbish driving
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 14:03 - Aug 30 with 1263 viewsStenvict

6 points for using a mobile whilst stationery (obviously still illegal) but only 3 points for driving on the opposite side of the road at a roundabout? Seems harsh for the former when comparing the two.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 16:28 - Aug 30 with 1172 viewsPendejo

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 12:57 - Aug 30 by gordon

At the end of the day, most of these 'driving without due care' offences could be 'death by dangerous driving' on another day, and if enough people had dashcams / helmetcams, then people wouldn't drive like this, thus saving lives.

For me "driving without due care" indicates a reckless negligence (accidental), those examples prosecuted as "without due care" seemed to me to be deliberate acts of recklessness i.e. " dangerous driving" as you rightly point out they could have caused death.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 16:38 - Aug 30 with 1152 viewsAce_High1

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 14:03 - Aug 30 by Stenvict

6 points for using a mobile whilst stationery (obviously still illegal) but only 3 points for driving on the opposite side of the road at a roundabout? Seems harsh for the former when comparing the two.

Yes thought the same, person on phone gets hammered but people driving on wrong side and across roundabouts seem to get off very lightly?

Looking at a phone you could argue is a mistake - right or wrong we have all done it.

Consciously pulling out onto wrong side and go over a roundabout like that should result in license being taken away.
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 17:09 - Aug 30 with 1122 viewsbluelagos

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 16:38 - Aug 30 by Ace_High1

Yes thought the same, person on phone gets hammered but people driving on wrong side and across roundabouts seem to get off very lightly?

Looking at a phone you could argue is a mistake - right or wrong we have all done it.

Consciously pulling out onto wrong side and go over a roundabout like that should result in license being taken away.

Those two did seem ridiculous per your points.

Do I presume everyone who is happy would be ok with receiving a ticket for every minor infringement they make or is it just the more serious driving that they support the action?

Next time you drive across a miniroundabout and clip the big white circle...or stop a few inches over a stop line?

Not sure if the police have a threshold with these.

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 17:12 - Aug 30 with 1116 viewsClapham_Junction

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 16:38 - Aug 30 by Ace_High1

They explain the difference in the thread:

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 1070 viewsAce_High1

Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 17:09 - Aug 30 by bluelagos

Those two did seem ridiculous per your points.

Do I presume everyone who is happy would be ok with receiving a ticket for every minor infringement they make or is it just the more serious driving that they support the action?

Next time you drive across a miniroundabout and clip the big white circle...or stop a few inches over a stop line?

Not sure if the police have a threshold with these.

For the more serious instances I would support it. But I guess there will not be a grey area? Either an offence or not?

Just need to remember to be aware of dash cams next time I decide to go the wrong way around a roundabout!!
Big brother is just behind, infront and to the side of you on 18:42 - Aug 30 with 1039 viewsemmaroyds

Yeah but no but

I have a string sense of self entitlement.

I was only driving in the cycle lane because I'm more important than everyone else so should be given priority and anyway, an ebike has a motor so would I get away with it in an electric car or even a hybrid? 😇

PS I'm not being serious
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024