Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump to get in by just fibbing hard 09:41 - Aug 30 with 4355 viewsunstableblue

US election 2020: Donald Trump's convention speech fact-checked https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53922706

It’s fascinating and worrying that this highly dangerous idiot is going to get in again.

He can just say what he wants, his voice piece Fox News parrot it, social media amplifies it, and any news outlet who tells the truth gets called fake news.

The defunding of police by Biden lie is just right there!!

The Republican Party is to blame - shame on them!

What’s worrying is that this politics is coming here. Lie, shout, misinform, undermine decent journalism.

The Daily Mail, the Tories, Murdoch they’ve all got it in for the BBC, which for all its flaws is a force of good

Protect the BBC, see Trump in the right light, refuse to accept this politics!

Oh and a fit KVY, Bishop and Norwood are key to the season

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:44 - Aug 30 with 3871 viewslowhouseblue

it's a strategy that can only shore up his base. if everyone who opposes him is united and votes, he'll lose. if a portion of the people opposed to him don't vote or use their votes as some sort of protest, then he wins.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:47 - Aug 30 with 3860 viewsMonkeyAlan

Can you put this thread in the general thread, for the half dozen that like to keep debating this sort of stuff over and over. Thank you.
Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 3837 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:44 - Aug 30 by lowhouseblue

it's a strategy that can only shore up his base. if everyone who opposes him is united and votes, he'll lose. if a portion of the people opposed to him don't vote or use their votes as some sort of protest, then he wins.

Trump has been in re-election mode since he entered the White House. His every word is lapped up by his support.

All Biden has to do is get Democrats to vote and he should win.

There is another factor and that is the 100,000,000 who didn’t vote for a number of reasons including obstacles being put in their way , in many States, to even register to vote.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:49 - Aug 30 with 3831 viewsGuthrum

He only won by a few thousand votes in key areas in 2016. It might only take the people who boycotted Clinton because of Sanders last time, plus those who have come of age since then, to swing things the other way. Even without disillusioned soft Republicans coming across or staying away.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 10:20 - Aug 30 with 3782 viewswitchdoctor

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:47 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

Can you put this thread in the general thread, for the half dozen that like to keep debating this sort of stuff over and over. Thank you.

indeed...👍
Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 10:29 - Aug 30 with 3766 viewsPhilTWTD

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 09:47 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

I've moved it.
Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:00 - Aug 30 with 3710 viewsfactual_blue

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 10:29 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

I've moved it.

Thank you.

(From those of us who have given up on the football 'debates')

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:07 - Aug 30 with 3694 viewsjaykay

when boris starts using the the' tremendous things are going to happen' phrase or 'they said it couldn't be done but we have'. then you know we gone full u.s.a.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:16 - Aug 30 with 3698 viewstractordownsouth

Yeah but who needs facts when you've got loyal cultists?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:54 - Aug 30 with 3644 viewsOldsmoker

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:16 - Aug 30 by tractordownsouth

Yeah but who needs facts when you've got loyal cultists?

Tom Cotton is the scheming, intelligent version of Trump.
His time will come because Trump has created the ground for him to thrive.
From what I've seen and read about Tom Cottton, he's Donald Trump on Steroids as regards racism, white supremacy.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 12:08 - Aug 30 with 3633 viewstractordownsouth

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 11:54 - Aug 30 by Oldsmoker

Tom Cotton is the scheming, intelligent version of Trump.
His time will come because Trump has created the ground for him to thrive.
From what I've seen and read about Tom Cottton, he's Donald Trump on Steroids as regards racism, white supremacy.

He's a complete crank. He's spent the week blaming Biden for violence he's condemned whilst remaining silent about the MAGA supporter that murdered 2 people in Wisconsin. He also recently introduced a bill to remove federal funding from any school that uses the 1619 project as a resource, yet bleats about cancel culture. Essentially, he's a wannabe fascist but does a better job at appearing to keep a respectable veil on things.

All this means he's definitely a 2024 contender, although my money is on Paul Ryan being the nominee. Still think his decision to retire was to distance himself from the carnage, whilst not speaking out too strongly, which gives him a good chance of being the successor.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 12:09]

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 14:32 - Aug 30 with 3558 viewsflimflam

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 12:08 - Aug 30 by tractordownsouth

He's a complete crank. He's spent the week blaming Biden for violence he's condemned whilst remaining silent about the MAGA supporter that murdered 2 people in Wisconsin. He also recently introduced a bill to remove federal funding from any school that uses the 1619 project as a resource, yet bleats about cancel culture. Essentially, he's a wannabe fascist but does a better job at appearing to keep a respectable veil on things.

All this means he's definitely a 2024 contender, although my money is on Paul Ryan being the nominee. Still think his decision to retire was to distance himself from the carnage, whilst not speaking out too strongly, which gives him a good chance of being the successor.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 12:09]

That MAGA supporter will walk on self defense rightly or wrongly.

Also Democrats are silent on this where a Trump supporter was targeted and hunted down last night.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 3498 viewstractordownsouth

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 14:32 - Aug 30 by flimflam

Also Democrats are silent on this where a Trump supporter was targeted and hunted down last night.

Yep, sorry scenes all round. I imagine Biden will issue a condemnation soon, as he has done repeatedly throughout the campaign, but it would've been more statesmanlike to have done so already

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 16:43 - Aug 30 with 3460 viewsRyorry

Problem is he's getting bounce from the fear factor as people watch riots and burning.

Also, I wonder how much of a real concern this is -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:10 - Aug 30 with 3423 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 16:43 - Aug 30 by Ryorry

Problem is he's getting bounce from the fear factor as people watch riots and burning.

Also, I wonder how much of a real concern this is -

Careful now. Opinions like those you’ve made in the first paragraph aren’t popular by the intolerant left on here.

The facts are, however, that public approval for Black Lives Matter in the USA has plummeted since June from net +25 to zero and among whites it went from +22 to minus five*.

A cause supporting an end to police brutality against back people should be +100%. But the violence and riots have eroded that support because the cause has been highjacked.

This can only help Trump and harm the democrats.

*dint shoot the messenger folks. You were warned about this at the time and decided to put yiur collective heads in the sand.

Trump had no chance of winning this election. He’s now back in the game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:16 - Aug 30 with 3415 viewsunstableblue

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 10:29 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

I've moved it.

There was a clear football reference... disappointing.

Redeem yourself Phil by confirming whether our beloved football club is currently spiralling out of control?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:27 - Aug 30 with 3387 viewsRyorry

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:10 - Aug 30 by GlasgowBlue

Careful now. Opinions like those you’ve made in the first paragraph aren’t popular by the intolerant left on here.

The facts are, however, that public approval for Black Lives Matter in the USA has plummeted since June from net +25 to zero and among whites it went from +22 to minus five*.

A cause supporting an end to police brutality against back people should be +100%. But the violence and riots have eroded that support because the cause has been highjacked.

*dint shoot the messenger folks. You were warned about this at the time and decided to put yiur collective heads in the sand.

That wasn't my opinion, it was a comment made on BBCR4 'The World This Weekend' at 1pm today by a former Republican (Senator iirc) who has switched sides and now supports Biden - can't remember his name, sorry, will be in here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000m49r

Wondered what the situation re signs is all over the USA, not just that one person's experience.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 17:30]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:30 - Aug 30 with 3387 viewsLankHenners

Trump had no chance of winning the election because he'd been making such a hash of the coronavirus response; there's a chance he hangs on if he can convince enough people in the right places that he's on the road to getting the country back on track, the chances of which naturally increase the longer this goes on and the closer we get to the election date.

Your posting on this matter, as usual, reeks of trying to score points over other posters on the board rather than genuine concern for the subject matter, something you've been pulled up on several times by several posters, not exclusively the ones you like to play your silly little games with.

Your usual arrogance and refusal to engage with nuanced conversation on the matter, instead blanket blaming 'the left', makes any supposed show of support look deeply unserious.

You can save your time trawling through various posts of yours to mount some sort of defence, you did that before in an attempt to 'checkmate' me but I showed you your @rse and you ran away.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 3360 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 14:32 - Aug 30 by flimflam

These Trump supporters (actually the guy who was sadly shot seems to be part of a far-right group called Patriot Prayer that specializes in engaging with anti-fascists) met up to drive through downtown Portland where the police brutality protests have been a nightly occurrence.

None of that excuses killing anyone clearly. But let's not pretend this person was targeted because they were an ordinary Trump supporter minding their own business. They were there to provoke a response.

It's an awful tragedy. But this is what happens in civil unrest pretty much everywhere around the world. Don't get distracted by the "bad people on both sides" spinning that's going on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 18:23 - Aug 30 with 3303 viewsJ2BLUE

In November, get a bottle of red wine and join us in the chat room for election night. It's always a classic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 3228 viewstractordownsouth

America needs a real leader like this, not a tinpot fascist

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 21:18 - Aug 30 with 3202 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 21:01 - Aug 30 by tractordownsouth

America needs a real leader like this, not a tinpot fascist

I wonder how many people had to write that for him....Spectacular Times!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 02:12 - Aug 31 with 3112 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:30 - Aug 30 by LankHenners

Trump had no chance of winning the election because he'd been making such a hash of the coronavirus response; there's a chance he hangs on if he can convince enough people in the right places that he's on the road to getting the country back on track, the chances of which naturally increase the longer this goes on and the closer we get to the election date.

Your posting on this matter, as usual, reeks of trying to score points over other posters on the board rather than genuine concern for the subject matter, something you've been pulled up on several times by several posters, not exclusively the ones you like to play your silly little games with.

Your usual arrogance and refusal to engage with nuanced conversation on the matter, instead blanket blaming 'the left', makes any supposed show of support look deeply unserious.

You can save your time trawling through various posts of yours to mount some sort of defence, you did that before in an attempt to 'checkmate' me but I showed you your @rse and you ran away.

This'll most likely be my last post on here for a while. More pressing matters to attend to.

Lank, I just wanted to give you an uppie for your post.

I also wanted to add that over the last six months or so I've smiled knowingly while the so called moderates with their questionable voting records have told me that the progressive Left are going about their business all wrong. That they are alienating polite, nice White voters.

The truth is however, while these so called moderates have been busy telling me that the progressive left are too extreme, that they don't appeal to the common person, I've seen politicians such as AOC and Ilmar Oman returned to office by their constituents by devastating margins.

Their constituents didn't believe the fear mongering and lies, and we shouldn't either. We aren't playing virtual backbencher, we actually care about this beyond cheap point scoring. The false moderates want a quiet life. They aren't prepared to fight for a better life for all. Thar's what we are pushing back against.

I've seen with my own eyes what occured at the BLM protests here, as opposed to trawling Twitter desperately trying to find a video, any video, that backs up a crooked world view. I've been busy supporting my community, while others have been busy roleplaying at caring about equality, or worse, actively working to undermine it with their lies about the people involved in the protests. I know the truth about the situation over here. I'd encourage others to carefully consider some of the posts on the subject that get aired on here.

Clearly this is something I care about a great deal. Apologies to those who just come here to talk football. I'm sure Phil will appreciate a break from PMing me every damn day whenever someone goes running to him crying, and I won't miss having an ever increasing list of people I'm told I'm not to engage with because their sensitivity is worth more than me saying what's right.

Lambert Out, COYBs, SUQs, here's to a better 2021, well done wkj, free the Islington One and Jeera - You the man.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 3:08]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 07:25 - Aug 31 with 3010 viewswitchdoctor

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 02:12 - Aug 31 by SpruceMoose

This'll most likely be my last post on here for a while. More pressing matters to attend to.

Lank, I just wanted to give you an uppie for your post.

I also wanted to add that over the last six months or so I've smiled knowingly while the so called moderates with their questionable voting records have told me that the progressive Left are going about their business all wrong. That they are alienating polite, nice White voters.

The truth is however, while these so called moderates have been busy telling me that the progressive left are too extreme, that they don't appeal to the common person, I've seen politicians such as AOC and Ilmar Oman returned to office by their constituents by devastating margins.

Their constituents didn't believe the fear mongering and lies, and we shouldn't either. We aren't playing virtual backbencher, we actually care about this beyond cheap point scoring. The false moderates want a quiet life. They aren't prepared to fight for a better life for all. Thar's what we are pushing back against.

I've seen with my own eyes what occured at the BLM protests here, as opposed to trawling Twitter desperately trying to find a video, any video, that backs up a crooked world view. I've been busy supporting my community, while others have been busy roleplaying at caring about equality, or worse, actively working to undermine it with their lies about the people involved in the protests. I know the truth about the situation over here. I'd encourage others to carefully consider some of the posts on the subject that get aired on here.

Clearly this is something I care about a great deal. Apologies to those who just come here to talk football. I'm sure Phil will appreciate a break from PMing me every damn day whenever someone goes running to him crying, and I won't miss having an ever increasing list of people I'm told I'm not to engage with because their sensitivity is worth more than me saying what's right.

Lambert Out, COYBs, SUQs, here's to a better 2021, well done wkj, free the Islington One and Jeera - You the man.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 3:08]

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 18:28 - Aug 31 with 2846 viewsflimflam

Trump to get in by just fibbing hard on 17:30 - Aug 30 by LankHenners

Trump has every chance of winning and will win.

Moderate Democrats are leaving in droves and latest polls actually put Trump in front.

I said on here weeks ago Trump would let the country burn and pin it on the Democrats and they have done just that. Only now are they publicly condemning the riots / protests as they know they are losing.

Nancy has even gone on record saying Biden should not debate Trump as know he will be ripped a new one. Prepare for 4 more years.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024