Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH 16:45 - Aug 30 with 3315 viewsunstableblue

We all know about Marcus’ incompetence at directing a football club, bar Mick his previous managerial appointments have been incompetent, bordering on damaging, and let’s be clear for all Micks positive traits his footballing ethos and style had no longevity at all at Town.

Has he completely fecked up again?

Wolfenden has been one of our best and most consistent performers, he has put the likes of Chambo and Toto to shame, and like Downes would be comfortable in a leading Championship club. Can Lambert be getting this so badly wrong?

Surely this is fans projecting? Phil, help?!

Surely with Evans and Klug to connect to the playing staff he could not have misjudged Lamberts effectiveness so badly.

I NEED a decent Town season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 17:59 - Aug 30 with 2805 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll hold my hands up I thought it was time for MM to go (and don't see how anyone could argue otherwise) but if he returned it would be like the return of Jesus.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:02 - Aug 30 with 2780 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 17:59 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

I'll hold my hands up I thought it was time for MM to go (and don't see how anyone could argue otherwise) but if he returned it would be like the return of Jesus.

MM should never have gone. Oh wait, it's been so much better since though hasn't it?!...........
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:03 - Aug 30 with 2761 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:02 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

MM should never have gone. Oh wait, it's been so much better since though hasn't it?!...........

The rot had already set in.

If we replace PL, then MM is not the man!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:04 - Aug 30 with 2765 viewsJ2BLUE

Hi Captain Hindsight!

Go back to his final six months. It was toxic. A lot of it was way OTT but there was some justifiable criticism. His post match reaction to not going for it in the free hit against Hull was hard to forgive. We are not a club who can afford to throw chances away, however small they may have been.

Truly impaired.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:13 - Aug 30 with 2728 viewsBluearmy71

From a footballing point of view yes it has been "much better" and for myself and I'm sure a lot of other Town fans playing a much more attractive game was pivotal!

Results wise and league position speak for themselves, but then that's not always down to the manager!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:15 - Aug 30 with 2696 viewsBlueBadger

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:13 - Aug 30 by Bluearmy71

From a footballing point of view yes it has been "much better" and for myself and I'm sure a lot of other Town fans playing a much more attractive game was pivotal!

Results wise and league position speak for themselves, but then that's not always down to the manager!

Ah yes, the last great lie of Lambert's reign. The football has been 'better'.

Limp defeats are NEVER good to watch.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:17 - Aug 30 with 2692 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:13 - Aug 30 by Bluearmy71

What utter nonsense.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:19 - Aug 30 with 2669 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:04 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

Hi Captain Hindsight!

Go back to his final six months. It was toxic. A lot of it was way OTT but there was some justifiable criticism. His post match reaction to not going for it in the free hit against Hull was hard to forgive. We are not a club who can afford to throw chances away, however small they may have been.

Toxic because of the few idiot fans wanted him gone. It was a disgrace the way they behaved. Then when he swore back at them they cried like babies. It's been so much better since though hasn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:20 - Aug 30 with 2655 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:03 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

The rot had already set in.

If we replace PL, then MM is not the man!

I know we can't go back. If he hasn't been here though, he would have been the perfect answer.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 2651 viewsJ2BLUE

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:19 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

Toxic because of the few idiot fans wanted him gone. It was a disgrace the way they behaved. Then when he swore back at them they cried like babies. It's been so much better since though hasn't it?

I haven't said it has been better so you can stop repeating that bit of nonsense.

It wasn't a few though was it? A minority did treat him disgracefully I agree with that but by the end even most of the more sensible fans on here seemed to be in reluctant agreement that it was time to move on.

Truly impaired.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:23 - Aug 30 with 2634 viewsBluearmy71

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:17 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

What utter nonsense.

You think, pot calling the kettle black if ever I saw it!!
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:24 - Aug 30 with 2625 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:21 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

I haven't said it has been better so you can stop repeating that bit of nonsense.

It wasn't a few though was it? A minority did treat him disgracefully I agree with that but by the end even most of the more sensible fans on here seemed to be in reluctant agreement that it was time to move on.

I'm not repeating that nonsense. It's fact, it's been largely awful since. McCarthy never relegated us. The numb skulls who wanted him gone have a lot to do with that.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:24 - Aug 30 with 2623 viewsPJH

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:21 - Aug 30 by J2BLUE

The only reason that I might have been in reluctant agreement that it was time to move on would have been for MM's own health and sanity.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 2609 viewsBluearmy71

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:15 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, the last great lie of Lambert's reign. The football has been 'better'.

Limp defeats are NEVER good to watch.

No the defeats are never good but I'll take loosing under PL style of play to loosing under MM's.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 2605 viewsMonkeyAlan

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:23 - Aug 30 by Bluearmy71

You think, pot calling the kettle black if ever I saw it!!

Again. What utter nonsense.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:28 - Aug 30 with 2580 viewsBlueBadger

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:26 - Aug 30 by Bluearmy71

No the defeats are never good but I'll take loosing under PL style of play to loosing under MM's.

Seriously, fight free-defeats on the way to relegation or in the third division are better?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:28 - Aug 30 with 2591 viewsMonkeyAlan

More nonsense
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:31 - Aug 30 with 2560 viewsJ2BLUE

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:24 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

I'm not repeating that nonsense. It's fact, it's been largely awful since. McCarthy never relegated us. The numb skulls who wanted him gone have a lot to do with that.

No I mean saying it as if i'm claiming it has been better. Clearly it hasn't. I long for the days of being a lower mid table Championship sides. Apologies if that sounds like sarcasm. It isn't.

Truly impaired.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:35 - Aug 30 with 2548 viewsKeaneish

It really wouldn’t. It would be as farcical as it would be comical.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:36 - Aug 30 with 2532 viewsBlueBadger

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:24 - Aug 30 by PJH

The only reason that I might have been in reluctant agreement that it was time to move on would have been for MM's own health and sanity.

Things were a little stale under under him and the time was right for him to go in 16/17 I think.

But wha we need afterwards was evolution, not revolution.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:38 - Aug 30 with 2527 viewsunstableblue

Don’t disagree that Mick would be a massive improvement on Hurst, and indeed Lambert, albeit the latter has improved the Town play in some aspects, but seemingly made us far far less effective.

But MM had to go, it was the end of that journey, fans were just turned off the style and game strategy.

It’s just our incompetent owner couldn’t see that we needed something akin to Oxford or Coventry management teams, not yet another buffoon appointment.

But this is old ground.

What happens now?

PS - the Wolf seems to still have Ipswich photos up on Twitter and indeed his joking around at the photo shoot, so that’s confusing?!

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:42 - Aug 30 with 2501 viewsNotMarcusEvans

"PL's style of play"

Errrr.....

Could you please tell us what that is? I haven't noticed one. Unless schizophrenia is a style of play now.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:43 - Aug 30 with 2491 viewsunstableblue

You are of course right to some extent... I’ve probably enjoyed many of PL teams play than much of MMs.

But it’s way too ineffective at times, and the league position last term was pants.

The die hard MM fans though just cannot see any of the modicum of sense you are sharing

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:51 - Aug 30 with 2438 viewsBlueBadger

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:42 - Aug 30 by NotMarcusEvans

"PL's style of play"

Errrr.....

Could you please tell us what that is? I haven't noticed one. Unless schizophrenia is a style of play now.

It's 'technical', apparently.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 21:29 - Aug 30 with 2233 viewsbraveblue

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH on 18:19 - Aug 30 by MonkeyAlan

After 5 years he built a side that took us to our lowest position in 50 years. Regardless of what happened afterwards it cannot be right to say he was successful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024