Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have I missed? 18:32 - Aug 30 with 3960 viewsSamWhiteUK

People were willing to give Lambert games, now they're not. Is this just purely down to photo-gate and the Woolfenden situation? Or have I missed something else?
What have I missed? on 18:33 - Aug 30 with 3943 viewsJ2BLUE

People aren't going to get the choice, sadly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What have I missed? on 18:34 - Aug 30 with 3937 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

It is just one thing after another. No good news, just unrest and turmoil.
What have I missed? on 18:58 - Aug 30 with 3864 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure much seems to have happened this afternoon apart from wolfenden deleting some photos on Insta.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What have I missed? on 19:02 - Aug 30 with 3846 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

What have I missed? on 18:58 - Aug 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure much seems to have happened this afternoon apart from wolfenden deleting some photos on Insta.

Seems a very strange thing for a current player to do, unless there is a backstory. Can't be good news.
What have I missed? on 19:02 - Aug 30 with 3854 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Load of rumours out if control and that seems to have done the trick.(not saying nothing in any of it but we just don't know).

It's a long wait to SAT!!!!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What have I missed? on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 3816 viewsSaigonTractor

Personally there have just been too many weird stories recently, this Woolfenden situation is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Each story, like all the Norwood transfer rumours, the young lads being left out of the photo, and Woolfenden today, are easily explained by themselves. But put them together and it's clear something is rotten at Town, even if we don't exactly know what yet.

It's imperative we get promoted this season and if the squad doesn't want to play for Lambert we can't afford 5-10 games where the lads aren't motivated.
What have I missed? on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 3787 viewspointofblue

What have I missed? on 19:02 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

Load of rumours out if control and that seems to have done the trick.(not saying nothing in any of it but we just don't know).

A decent end of pre-season yesterday would have helped; a loss at Cambridge resulting in the Hurst-like tactic from Taylor of laying into the players rather than looking closer to home.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What have I missed? on 19:14 - Aug 30 with 3780 viewsjayessess

I think most people were ready for him to go as soon as last season finished, if not sooner. Now it feels like we're just delaying the inevitable.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

What have I missed? on 19:18 - Aug 30 with 3755 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

What have I missed? on 19:02 - Aug 30 by IpswichBoyBlue

Seems a very strange thing for a current player to do, unless there is a backstory. Can't be good news.

Agreed, but I do think it also makes Wolfenden look petulant.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What have I missed? on 19:52 - Aug 30 with 3673 viewsChrisd

What have I missed? on 18:34 - Aug 30 by IpswichBoyBlue

It is just one thing after another. No good news, just unrest and turmoil.

It just has to be slightest Town related topic now and then there’s a complete witch hunt and meltdown. Sad to see really.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

What have I missed? on 20:05 - Aug 30 with 3612 viewspointofblue

Just to add I’m not sure if people were willing to give Lambert a few matches after the absolute mess of last season - just see no choice on the matter.

What have I missed? on 20:09 - Aug 30 with 3584 viewsGuthrum

What have I missed? on 19:02 - Aug 30 by Terry_Nutkins

The best way to quash rumours is for Lambert to get the team winning on the pitch. If he can't do that, what's happening elsewhere or in the media is irrelevant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What have I missed? on 20:09 - Aug 30 with 3585 viewsSwansea_Blue

I put today’s mood change down to the game yesterday on top of team photo gate and Woolfgate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What have I missed? on 20:11 - Aug 30 with 3572 viewspointofblue

What have I missed? on 20:09 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

I put today’s mood change down to the game yesterday on top of team photo gate and Woolfgate.

Didn’t he used to be the manager of Middlesbrough?

What have I missed? on 20:18 - Aug 30 with 3551 viewsSwailsey

Without putting too much pressure on one particular poster, they gave some pretty damning insight about the situation in the club last night, and they are pretty much known for being impartial, honest and consistent. Think that tipped it over for a lot of people and backed up what a lot of us have suspected for months now (without making it us and them).

In short:

Clearly some level of unrest in the camp
Young players seemingly not prominently featuring next season
Newspapers turning against PL
Taylor spikey, defiant brash with his comments
We can’t win
No green shoots in pre-season

It doesn’t make a good combo.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2020 20:20]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

What have I missed? on 20:47 - Aug 30 with 3478 viewsSwansea_Blue

What have I missed? on 20:11 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Didn’t he used to be the manager of Middlesbrough?

I think you're getting confused between Woolf-gate and Aitor Karanka. Easy mistake to make

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What have I missed? on 20:59 - Aug 30 with 3425 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What have I missed? on 20:47 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

I think you're getting confused between Woolf-gate and Aitor Karanka. Easy mistake to make

We need more of this and less meltdowns. Have an uppy.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

What have I missed? on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 3419 viewspatrickswell

What have I missed? on 19:13 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

A decent end of pre-season yesterday would have helped; a loss at Cambridge resulting in the Hurst-like tactic from Taylor of laying into the players rather than looking closer to home.

But I think Taylor was jibing st players for blowing a chance to push themselves forward for selection, At least two of those (Judge and Nolan) have been underperforming for too long, though probably harsh to single Nolan out for yesterday given his lack of game time so far.
What have I missed? on 21:15 - Aug 30 with 3391 viewspointofblue

What have I missed? on 20:47 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

I would say whoosh but my fault, I didn't make it clear that I was joking.

What have I missed? on 22:30 - Aug 30 with 3295 viewsBlueBadger

No, it's because he's a busted flush of a manager who has done an absolutely piss-poor job of managing us.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What have I missed? on 22:51 - Aug 30 with 3249 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not sure actually that much too serious has happened by all accounts. Woolfenden took down his photos from Instagram.

I’m very much still willing to stick with Lambert for at least the first 10 games of the new season, I don’t want to be rolling the dice a week out from a new campaign.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What have I missed? on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 3019 viewsBlueBadger

What have I missed? on 22:51 - Aug 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

Not sure actually that much too serious has happened by all accounts. Woolfenden took down his photos from Instagram.

I’m very much still willing to stick with Lambert for at least the first 10 games of the new season, I don’t want to be rolling the dice a week out from a new campaign.

Instead, we'll be watching Lambert roll the dice for a couple more months..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024