Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
. 16:47 - Aug 31 with 2232 viewsSwailsey

N/T - apologies.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 20:26]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 1788 viewsJ2BLUE

It's tame compared to 15-20 years ago.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 1785 viewsEwan_Oozami

Maybe the ITFC social media team has just been unfurloughed?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:50 - Aug 31 with 1782 viewsEireannach_gorm

Russian trolls.
This place has been harder going of late... on 16:52 - Aug 31 with 1756 viewsMullet

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:50 - Aug 31 by Eireannach_gorm

Russian trolls.

I believe traditionally it's dolls mate. Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:55 - Aug 31 with 1735 viewsSwailsey

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:49 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

It's tame compared to 15-20 years ago.

Definitely remember it being fairly poisonous towards the end of Magilton’s era.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This place has been harder going of late... on 17:46 - Aug 31 with 1575 viewsKeno

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:52 - Aug 31 by Mullet

I believe traditionally it's dolls mate. Not sure what that has to do with this thread though.

you mean one of these

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This place has been harder going of late... on 17:49 - Aug 31 with 1552 viewsMullet

This place has been harder going of late... on 17:46 - Aug 31 by Keno

you mean one of these

Those look Russian made to me.

This place has been harder going of late... on 17:54 - Aug 31 with 1544 viewsNthQldITFC

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:50 - Aug 31 by Eireannach_gorm

Russian trolls.

It's pixies, little green pixies with pointy beards, about 7 and one half inches high. They've taken all the good posts.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:24 - Aug 31 with 1468 viewsBlueBadger

This place has been harder going of late... on 16:55 - Aug 31 by Swailsey

Definitely remember it being fairly poisonous towards the end of Magilton’s era.

The seeds of the Wedding Photo Incident were sown in the Magilton era.

True story.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 1464 viewsBlueBadger

Russian trolls.

Imagine being so low in the KGB hierarchy you get this place in the 'spread right-wing misinformation' mission.

No wonder [redacted] and [redacted] always seem so angry.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 1467 viewsMullet

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:24 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

The seeds of the Wedding Photo Incident were sown in the Magilton era.

True story.

Whereas the era of ruining weddings was firmly in the Royle one innit.

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:35 - Aug 31 with 1435 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I am a new poster and try and give a balance view on most things. The anti PL stuff is down to PL himself. His failing have caused the unrest. Not sure you can point the finger at new posters for that.
This place has been harder going of late... on 18:36 - Aug 31 with 1426 viewsKeno

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:25 - Aug 31 by Mullet

Whereas the era of ruining weddings was firmly in the Royle one innit.

TWTDs!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:59 - Aug 31 with 1381 viewsjeera

Just to point out that, although not a regular forum poster for a long time, readtheleaguetable has been around for pushing some 20 years on here now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:22 - Aug 31 with 1322 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:59 - Aug 31 by jeera

Just to point out that, although not a regular forum poster for a long time, readtheleaguetable has been around for pushing some 20 years on here now.

readtheleaguetable should do just that, then they would realise why some of the hatred towards PL is justified.
This place has been harder going of late... on 19:30 - Aug 31 with 1291 viewsthebooks

I dip in and out of this board (it struck me I’ve kind of grown up with it, first posting when I was 26 in 1998, I think — but that can’t be right, can it?) and there are always people saying it’s worse than it used to be.

It seems relatively polite and considerate to me, on the whole, although there is the odd doozy of an argument. People are a bit more mindful generally these days. It was far worse back in the glory years of Malcolm and Bulbeck.

And to think, some thought appointing Joe Royle was the end of ITFC. Although I’m sure there’s a hardcore who are blaming BFJ for all this.
This place has been harder going of late... on 19:33 - Aug 31 with 1272 viewsPJH

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:22 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

readtheleaguetable should do just that, then they would realise why some of the hatred towards PL is justified.

I don't hate PL and I don't think I ever will or could, Keane and Hurst yes but not PL.

PL has however made a real mess of managing this club on the pitch and having originally done brilliantly off the pitch it seems that he has now f**ked that too.
This place has been harder going of late... on 19:37 - Aug 31 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:33 - Aug 31 by PJH

I don't hate PL and I don't think I ever will or could, Keane and Hurst yes but not PL.

PL has however made a real mess of managing this club on the pitch and having originally done brilliantly off the pitch it seems that he has now f**ked that too.

I don't hate Lambert in the same way that I didn't hate Jewell.

He's basically David Brent - a bloke depserate to be liked but failing to acknowledge the best way to do that is to actually front up and do your job properly.

I was cynical of the 'PR without results' thing he had going whilst we were being relegated without a fight, particularly when he started banging on about 'improved performances' and 'fighting to the end' when it was apparent that neither were happening, now I just wish he'd take it elsewhere for the benefit of all parties concerned.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 21:58]

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 1218 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This place has been harder going of late... on 18:59 - Aug 31 by jeera

Thanks,Jeera.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:44 - Aug 31 with 1206 viewsPJH

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:37 - Aug 31 by BlueBadger

I don't hate Lambert in the same way that I didn't hate Jewell.

He's basically David Brent - a bloke depserate to be liked but failing to acknowledge the best way to do that is to actually front up and do your job properly.

I was cynical of the 'PR without results' thing he had going whilst we were being relegated without a fight, particularly when he started banging on about 'improved performances' and 'fighting to the end' when it was apparent that neither were happening, now I just wish he'd take it elsewhere for the benefit of all parties concerned.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 21:58]

He had done such a great job getting the fanbase onside that, as you say, the fact that we got relegated without any real effort to avoid it went almost unnoticed.

He could and should have retrieved that situation by taking us back up last season but certainly made a mess of that.

Based on his complete failure results wise it is amazing that he has still got a job and although I cannot hate him or even dislike him he should not be here now.
This place has been harder going of late... on 20:08 - Aug 31 with 1159 viewsreadtheleaguetable

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:22 - Aug 31 by IpswichBoyBlue

‘Readtheleaguetable was a moniker adopted nearly 20 years ago for reasons not relevant now but accepted as intentionally amusing at the time. Not inclined to change it, now. Like I have only ever had one club (first went to Portman Road in 1962) I can only have one user name.
And I’m afraid you missed my point. I am not upset by people being upset when they ‘read the league table’. They have every right. (Though a famous songwriter did point out that “When your gravity fails, negativity won’t pull you through”.) No, I am upset about people inventing problems when we have enough real ones already

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

This place has been harder going of late... on 20:11 - Aug 31 with 1145 viewsDarth_Koont

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:30 - Aug 31 by thebooks

I dip in and out of this board (it struck me I’ve kind of grown up with it, first posting when I was 26 in 1998, I think — but that can’t be right, can it?) and there are always people saying it’s worse than it used to be.

It seems relatively polite and considerate to me, on the whole, although there is the odd doozy of an argument. People are a bit more mindful generally these days. It was far worse back in the glory years of Malcolm and Bulbeck.

And to think, some thought appointing Joe Royle was the end of ITFC. Although I’m sure there’s a hardcore who are blaming BFJ for all this.

Agreed. On the whole it's the same as it's always been.

There has been a shift away from football I think. Because the football used to matter more when we all had higher standards. Now it's a bit meh ...

I used to be passionate about the balance in our midfield and getting wingers to work (no, they still don't work and you're better off with strong all-rounders). Now I'm interested in the question but it's League One level so who really cares?

It's just unfortunate that UK politics and how we see the world has gone mental at the same time. That's filled the footballing gap — but the current politics is so bad it probably should on the forum of a third-tier football team.

Pronouns: He/Him

This place has been harder going of late... on 20:16 - Aug 31 with 1124 viewsSwailsey

Apologies, wasn’t in reference to rtlt or anyone in particular.

This place has been harder going of late... on 20:20 - Aug 31 with 1103 viewsDarth_Koont

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:42 - Aug 31 by readtheleaguetable

Thanks,Jeera.

I agree with a lot of what you say too.

Lambert has a bad enough record objectively without getting into all the rumour stuff. The details around those have just seemed unnecessarily sketchy and vague.

It's the performances and results on the pitch where ultimately these things are measured. That's where Lambert has by far the most to prove anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

This place has been harder going of late... on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 1096 viewsvapour_trail

This place has been harder going of late... on 19:30 - Aug 31 by thebooks

We are of a similar vintage and a similar amount of time on twtd. I agree with your take on it as well. The Royleists and anti BFJ ding dongs were much more toxic than anything on here these days.

What we’d give for a team like that again today.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024