Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I'm fine with getting relegated.. 09:57 - Sep 1 with 2249 viewsartsbossbeard

..we can have a season in the 3rd division, bed in these up & coming youngsters and then hit the championship running"

Source: Some clown shoes on here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 2207 viewsBlueBadger

100 POINTS 100 GOALS

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:05 - Sep 1 with 2178 viewspointofblue

To be fair I think some said it in desperation because it was very obvious where we were headed at that point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:22 - Sep 1 with 2111 viewsSteve_M

People were trying that one way back in 2011, it never became a more enticing prospect.

In many ways we were fortunate not to lose any of our young players last Summer and it was always likely that Downes would go this Summer. It does provide another reason why last season was a failure though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 2075 viewsWD19

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:22 - Sep 1 by Steve_M

People were trying that one way back in 2011, it never became a more enticing prospect.

In many ways we were fortunate not to lose any of our young players last Summer and it was always likely that Downes would go this Summer. It does provide another reason why last season was a failure though.

There is only one real reason why last season was a failure.
(No subject) on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 2056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pah, you landlubbers just need to find your sea legs.

ALL ABOARD!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:42 - Sep 1 with 2025 viewsKieran_Knows

Hope you're well ABB, haven't seen you much on here lately.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:45 - Sep 1 with 2015 viewsartsbossbeard

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:42 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

Hope you're well ABB, haven't seen you much on here lately.

I'm all good, hope you're well too.

Yep, thought I'd stay off here whilst there's no footy to moan about!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 2018 viewsSitfcB

...or no shoes at all.

‘If Mick leaving means relegation then so be it’

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 1998 viewsSteve_M

(No subject) on 10:32 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

Pah, you landlubbers just need to find your sea legs.

ALL ABOARD!!

Ah yes, there was an awful lot of that around last Autumn. It always looked a tad hubristic that early in the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:18 - Sep 1 with 1889 viewsJ4ck22

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:46 - Sep 1 by SitfcB

...or no shoes at all.

‘If Mick leaving means relegation then so be it’

The fans know best!
(No subject) on 11:26 - Sep 1 with 1868 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just one question/plea. When will things stop getting worse and start getting better.
I fear it will not be til we get a decent manager and coaching staff
"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 1863 viewsKieran_Knows

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 10:45 - Sep 1 by artsbossbeard

I'm all good, hope you're well too.

Yep, thought I'd stay off here whilst there's no footy to moan about!

Good stuff mate. Was so worried at one point I was going to get JW to message to see what was going on, ha!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:30 - Sep 1 with 1836 viewsartsbossbeard

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:27 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

Good stuff mate. Was so worried at one point I was going to get JW to message to see what was going on, ha!

Ha!!

I've been lurking a fair bit, in fairness.

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:40 - Sep 1 with 1805 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Once we got relegated that exactly what we should have been doing.

But we went down with 57 players and only 3 of them were good enough, hence leaving the clueless clown to persist with the likes of Nolan and Judge no matter how awful they have been.

Any other club would have planned for it much better but we went down with a mass of new signings on 2 year deals who turned out to not even be that good once they were back at this level.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 1783 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:40 - Sep 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

But we went down with 57 players and only 3 of them were good enough, hence leaving the clueless clown to persist with the likes of Nolan and Judge no matter how awful they have been.

Any other club would have planned for it much better but we went down with a mass of new signings on 2 year deals who turned out to not even be that good once they were back at this level.

I'm not sure we're especially unique. Sunderland had a harder fall from grace than us. They've made a pig's ear of trying to get back up despite being at the top level more recently and for longer. Sheff Utd and Leeds were down here for a fair few years, etc..

We had a decent squad last year (kudos to ME for funding them all), but wasted the opportunity with PL and his 'coaching' team at the helm. To have ended the season more disorganised and clueless on the pitch is unforgivable with this squad.

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:49 - Sep 1 with 1760 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:45 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure we're especially unique. Sunderland had a harder fall from grace than us. They've made a pig's ear of trying to get back up despite being at the top level more recently and for longer. Sheff Utd and Leeds were down here for a fair few years, etc..

We had a decent squad last year (kudos to ME for funding them all), but wasted the opportunity with PL and his 'coaching' team at the helm. To have ended the season more disorganised and clueless on the pitch is unforgivable with this squad.

As Sunderland, as absolutely pathetic as they were, and it's pretty evident that they were, still reached a playoff final and the EFL trophy final.

We finished 11th on PPG.

Below Gillingham, Fleetwood and Wycombe.

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 1713 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:49 - Sep 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As Sunderland, as absolutely pathetic as they were, and it's pretty evident that they were, still reached a playoff final and the EFL trophy final.

We finished 11th on PPG.

Below Gillingham, Fleetwood and Wycombe.

Sheff Utd were 11th in 15/16, before romping to the title the following year with....yes, you guessed it...100 points!

It's a sign

(That's all I've got - there's only so much clutching at straws and false positivity I can manage).

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 1619 viewsBlueBadger

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 11:40 - Sep 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

On top of that, Lambert's much-vaunted 'free hit' in the back end of the Champship season was utterly wasted. He could have tried to shore us up, make us hard to beat and try to nick wins and seek to rebuild the following season or hold his hands up, admit defeat and genuinely build for League One, bedding in young players, establishing a formation and style of play.

He ultimately half-arsed it and achieved neither.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 13:51 - Sep 1 with 1573 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 13:25 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

On top of that, Lambert's much-vaunted 'free hit' in the back end of the Champship season was utterly wasted. He could have tried to shore us up, make us hard to beat and try to nick wins and seek to rebuild the following season or hold his hands up, admit defeat and genuinely build for League One, bedding in young players, establishing a formation and style of play.

I remember we had a three game spell during that (West Brom, Derby and Leeds maybe) where we played really really well against three teams up there and it seemed like we were finally getting somewhere.

Then the team, formation etc all seemed to change and we went back to being a shambles.

That's the worst part of his whole reign for me. We neither fought to stay up nor planned like a team resigned to going down. It was like someone simulating the end of the season on Football Manager.

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 14:00 - Sep 1 with 1529 viewsSwansea_Blue

"I'm fine with getting relegated.. on 13:25 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Back end is being generous, it was 31 games. 31 games to get some sort of reaction. Even PJ managed that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024