Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder 12:07 - Sep 1 with 3314 viewsMaySixth

great talent and will do well

we move on....at least this is an area of the pitch we are relatively well covered.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:13 - Sep 1 with 2938 viewsWestover

I guess he must like sitting on the bench because that's about as good as it will be for a season or two IMO.
Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:15 - Sep 1 with 2929 viewsBiGDonnie

Time for Skuse to finally step up and grab the midfield by the scruff?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:17 - Sep 1 with 2917 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:13 - Sep 1 by Westover

I guess he must like sitting on the bench because that's about as good as it will be for a season or two IMO.

He'll get loaned out to a Championship side (for a year or two until they think he's ready).
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 12:17]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:52 - Sep 1 with 2871 viewsRegencyBlue

I'm not sure we are as well covered as you think.

We have plenty of midfielders but....

Bishop - Given his injury history we will be doing well to get half a season out of him.
Huws - Ditto
Dozzell - Not convinced. He's going to have to impose himself on games a hell of a lot more than he ever has to make a difference.
Judge- Really disappointing by his standards last season so again needs to really step up to make a difference.
Nolan - Where do I start!

That leaves a few youngsters who may or may not manage the step up but Downes would be a big loss for us however you look at it.
Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 2846 viewsArnieM

...of course town could be inventive and demand a fee and a loan back of Downes for one season.

or perish the thought , just say an emphatic NO !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 2843 viewsCoco

Absolutely! Truly earned his stripes. A total resolute and dedicated pro who is captain material. Shame we are no longer a club to develop these players but hopeful we can get the right fee.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:09 - Sep 1 with 2780 viewsBlueBadger

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:54 - Sep 1 by ArnieM

...of course town could be inventive and demand a fee and a loan back of Downes for one season.

or perish the thought , just say an emphatic NO !

'Town could be inventive'...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:15 - Sep 1 with 2766 viewsnodge_blue

No you don’t. Stay and show some loyalty and fight for our club.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:18 - Sep 1 with 2754 viewsclive_baker

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:52 - Sep 1 by RegencyBlue

I'm not sure we are as well covered as you think.

We have plenty of midfielders but....

Bishop - Given his injury history we will be doing well to get half a season out of him.
Huws - Ditto
Dozzell - Not convinced. He's going to have to impose himself on games a hell of a lot more than he ever has to make a difference.
Judge- Really disappointing by his standards last season so again needs to really step up to make a difference.
Nolan - Where do I start!

That leaves a few youngsters who may or may not manage the step up but Downes would be a big loss for us however you look at it.

I would agree with that. We've got numbers in the middle, but Downes is head and shoulders above anyone else we've got. It was inevitable that he would outgrow us at some stage, and in some respects it represents an opportunity for the likes of Huws / Dozzell / Nolan to really claim a regular spot in there, but Downes leaving would be a huge blow IMO. He'll be massively missed.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:21 - Sep 1 with 2740 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Its the cycle of football, I would hold no grudges to the individual, why would he stay here? He's had a good education here throughout his first team career, he is certainly ready to make his next career move. We take a good amount of money for him and continue to develop the academy, it is exactly what Evans invested heavily in the academy for.

Ajax have been this at a much higher scale for years and years, and they constantly find the next one to take the spot.

Good luck to the lad.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:24 - Sep 1 with 2729 viewsPlums

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:15 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

In a 15 year (give or take a couple) career, you need to take all you can. Good luck to the lad. The failure is behind the scenes in creating an environment through demise and relegation where our best young prospects need to leave to play above division three.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:26 - Sep 1 with 2721 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:15 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

Why should he? We got relegated, then finished 11th in League 1, he was one of the stand out performers and now has the potential to jump in to the Premier League, why would he stay here?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:27 - Sep 1 with 2715 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:21 - Sep 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

Its the cycle of football, I would hold no grudges to the individual, why would he stay here? He's had a good education here throughout his first team career, he is certainly ready to make his next career move. We take a good amount of money for him and continue to develop the academy, it is exactly what Evans invested heavily in the academy for.

Ajax have been this at a much higher scale for years and years, and they constantly find the next one to take the spot.

Good luck to the lad.

We take a good amount of money for him - lol

We aren’t Ajax with their academy.

His first team career. Do me a favour. He’s about 22.

Good luck to the lad. F that. What about us the fans? One less quality player not replaced.

What is wrong with all you lot?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:33 - Sep 1 with 2684 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:24 - Sep 1 by Plums

In a 15 year (give or take a couple) career, you need to take all you can. Good luck to the lad. The failure is behind the scenes in creating an environment through demise and relegation where our best young prospects need to leave to play above division three.

If our best young players show fight and passion we won’t be in division 3. If they get agents who constantly look to move them on we will be also rans for years.

I don’t give a toss about players making money in their 15 years. He will earn bucket loads compared to you and me even in div 3.

I want players to start owning this. We are quick to kick lambert but he can’t get up a side of players who can’t motivate themselves.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 14:34]

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:34 - Sep 1 with 2676 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 12:15 - Sep 1 by BiGDonnie

Time for Skuse to finally step up and grab the midfield by the scruff?

I feel another t-shirt coming on...

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:37 - Sep 1 with 2673 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:26 - Sep 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

Why should he? We got relegated, then finished 11th in League 1, he was one of the stand out performers and now has the potential to jump in to the Premier League, why would he stay here?

Well why don’t we let woolfenden go while we are about it then as well. We seem to have the best wishes for all our youngsters to move on and make lots of money.

We will all be delighted to see chambers and Wilson playing out from the back.

And Kane Vincent young can go as well. He’s far too good for us.

That’s making me feel much better that we look after these guys.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 14:38]

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 2644 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:37 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

Well why don’t we let woolfenden go while we are about it then as well. We seem to have the best wishes for all our youngsters to move on and make lots of money.

I'm not sure how getting upset about it is going to change anything. He's going to go no matter what anyone says or does on here. If this deal falls through, they're be one along soon enough. It's what happens in football.

Clubs lose their better players all the time. Seemingly we've forgotten this as we haven't had many good enough to be poached lately.

And yes, if KVY has a season like he started last one, there will be interest in the summer in him too (or even in January).

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:53 - Sep 1 with 2629 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:45 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure how getting upset about it is going to change anything. He's going to go no matter what anyone says or does on here. If this deal falls through, they're be one along soon enough. It's what happens in football.

Clubs lose their better players all the time. Seemingly we've forgotten this as we haven't had many good enough to be poached lately.

And yes, if KVY has a season like he started last one, there will be interest in the summer in him too (or even in January).

There is no deal because Crystal Palace have offered us their crumbs from their premiership table.
And our fans want to eat them up gratefully and say thank you in the process.

He can go if they pay a fair fee. Which I say is 5mil plus add ons.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 14:58]

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:59 - Sep 1 with 2606 viewsPlums

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:33 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

If our best young players show fight and passion we won’t be in division 3. If they get agents who constantly look to move them on we will be also rans for years.

I don’t give a toss about players making money in their 15 years. He will earn bucket loads compared to you and me even in div 3.

I want players to start owning this. We are quick to kick lambert but he can’t get up a side of players who can’t motivate themselves.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 14:34]

You don’t think Downes is motivated? It’s his motivation, playing in a sh1te team that has got a Premier League club sniffing around.
I’m afraid you need a dose of reality if you think we are anything other than a selling Club ( as are the majority outside the top 15).
The average L1 salary is well below ‘bucket loads’ I can assure you.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:59 - Sep 1 with 2605 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:53 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

There is no deal because Crystal Palace have offered us their crumbs from their premiership table.
And our fans want to eat them up gratefully and say thank you in the process.

He can go if they pay a fair fee. Which I say is 5mil plus add ons.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 14:58]

I don't think that's the case. Most people seem to think that the current bid is too low (as do the club, obviously). But also know that ultimately a deal will be done, he'll leave and he will have deserved his chance when he does go.

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:12 - Sep 1 with 2590 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:59 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think that's the case. Most people seem to think that the current bid is too low (as do the club, obviously). But also know that ultimately a deal will be done, he'll leave and he will have deserved his chance when he does go.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. Palace could play hardball and what's annoyed me is that Downes has put in a transfer request to agitate a move.

People like Kieron Dyer never did that. He left for a decent fee at the time after a few tremendous seasons for us where he played his heart out. Thats deserving your chance and leaving on good terms.

We seem to be very quickly glossing over this handing in a transfer request like its nothing.

And the timing just before the first game is awful. Its bound to knock the team even more. And unsettle a couple of other along the way.

We are heading for a sh1t start. I can see it. Draw or defeat to Wigan. More moaning at Lambert (who Im not really sticking up for). And one of the biggest factors will be this Downes transfer request.

And I would add that Norwich making Hoolahan stay when they didn't get the best deal for him paid them back handsomely.

Its time we started to get more nasty. We don't need the 2 million.

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:17 - Sep 1 with 2580 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:59 - Sep 1 by Plums

You don’t think Downes is motivated? It’s his motivation, playing in a sh1te team that has got a Premier League club sniffing around.
I’m afraid you need a dose of reality if you think we are anything other than a selling Club ( as are the majority outside the top 15).

See my comments below re Dyer and timing and selling and handing in transfer requests.

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:29 - Sep 1 with 2559 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:59 - Sep 1 by Plums

Oh and btw.....before you go on about taking a reality check....just look back at your comment

"In a 15 year (give or take a couple) career, you need to take all you can."

This isn't the 1970s footballer wages. You think Flynn Downes won't be a multiple millionaire by the time he finishes playing regardless of whether he is with us next season or not?

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 2533 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 14:37 - Sep 1 by nodge_blue

I was told there hasn't been as much interest in Woolfenden as they anticipated, many admirers and I was told one Champ club showed real interest but nothing concrete. Obviously with the long time deal the ball is very much in our court in terms holding the cards and asking prices with both Woolfenden and Downes actually.

We are Ipswich Town, a mid table League 1 side, we aren't a big club. We are blessed to be producing academy players of this quality, and the idea is they are used to help us move up the ladder, but there will come a time where players will rightly want to accelerate their career as well.

We get a good fee, the player moves up and we look to the academy to replace him, thats our process, it can work, it has worked as stated for Ajax for eternity.

You need a level head on this one, getting worked up won't solve anything.

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 2525 viewsnodge_blue

Good luck Flynn...you deserve a move up the football ladder on 15:38 - Sep 1 by TheTrueBlue1878

I was told there hasn't been as much interest in Woolfenden as they anticipated, many admirers and I was told one Champ club showed real interest but nothing concrete. Obviously with the long time deal the ball is very much in our court in terms holding the cards and asking prices with both Woolfenden and Downes actually.

We are Ipswich Town, a mid table League 1 side, we aren't a big club. We are blessed to be producing academy players of this quality, and the idea is they are used to help us move up the ladder, but there will come a time where players will rightly want to accelerate their career as well.

We get a good fee, the player moves up and we look to the academy to replace him, thats our process, it can work, it has worked as stated for Ajax for eternity.

You need a level head on this one, getting worked up won't solve anything.

I will partly step back from my rant. Its not the selling of a player. Its the transfer request. The timing. The low fee. The impact on the team.

For £2 million I would say to Downes - we have you contracted for 3 seasons and its worth 2 million to us to keep a player of your quality for 3 seasons. Thats a lot of games. And if you go for free at the end of that then good luck to you.

And finally as a season ticket holder - assuming I can go - I really, really, really want to see a team start to take shape and us to move forward. If Im honest I don't give a monkeys about good luck lad rubbish.

The Ajax comparison isn't really right as they have stayed at the top of their league for decades and they aren't languishing in div 3. We have only sold in recent years to move backwards.

And are we really blessed with our academy? Other than Downes what other youth team player have we sold in the last 10 years to a premier league side for good money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024