Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Johnson anyone? 15:35 - Sep 1 with 14312 viewsitfcjoe

Local connection to the area, knows all about the club, plays decent football

Improved Bristol City year on year, with some big recruitment, but also selling players for big fees, but just couldn't give them that last push

I think he'll be a good manager wherever he ends up next, would be quite happy with him here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 6778 viewshype313

Wouldn't be averse, but I'd love to see Danny Cowley.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:36 - Sep 1 with 6776 viewsJakeITFC

Not for me.
Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:37 - Sep 1 with 6756 viewsCoco

You're talking like a change is going to happen. I genuinely cannot see it.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:38 - Sep 1 with 6751 viewstextbackup

some seem to really dislike him, I don't really know why though, don't know too much about him.

However, he's not Lambert, so i'll take him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:39 - Sep 1 with 6736 viewsSteve_M

I think the only caveat would be that there's been a period in most of the last few seasons where the team seems to have lost their way to the frustration of City fans. Against that he has recovered from them which is something that Mick always used to do too.

Not that I wouldn't expect him to have better offers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:39 - Sep 1 with 6727 viewsKeno

wouldn't say no

we could do a lot worse, well to be honest we usually do!!

Id like to see Burley and Dyer if it was up to me

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:41 - Sep 1 with 6713 viewsCoco

also - It seems more and more likely that the next management duo will be a cost effective duo of Chambers and Skuse.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Anyone, literally anyone. (n/t) on 15:43 - Sep 1 with 6691 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:43 - Sep 1 with 6693 viewsclive_baker

I'm sure he would be well up for it, but I would go for Paul Cook personally. Also immediately available, and I think we've largely got the personnel to suit his 4-2-3-1 here, aside perhaps from the physical man up top unless Hawkins can prove himself. I think his CV is impressive, and although the style of football might be a touch on the 'direct' side, it's got to be about results.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

have a word Blooters on 15:43 - Sep 1 with 6685 viewsDyland

Anyone, literally anyone. (n/t) on 15:43 - Sep 1 by Bloots

Gary Megson?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yep, he'll do. (n/t) on 15:44 - Sep 1 with 6675 viewsBloots

have a word Blooters on 15:43 - Sep 1 by Dyland

Gary Megson?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:44 - Sep 1 with 6676 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Born and raised in Newmarket isn't he?

He did well it seemed at Bristol City, although never really got over the line.

Not sure he would be a good fit for us, Paul Cook would be my number 1 choice. Would take him in a heartbeat.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:47 - Sep 1 with 6660 viewsITFC_Forever

No.

His Brizzle teams had an alarming tendency to go on 7 or 8 game losing runs for no apparent reason.

And that was with a budget relative to the rest of the division that was pretty large (albeit helped by some big outgoings).... they really should have been getting in the POs a couple of times.

As for the Cowley suggestion on here.... well, I suppose it would be effective and we'd have some kind of identity, so it's an improvement on what we have. But no.

Paul Cook has to be the clear and obvious candidate.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:48 - Sep 1 with 6637 viewstractordownsouth

One of the most overrated managers in the EFL

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:48 - Sep 1 with 6625 viewsITFCBlues

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:36 - Sep 1 by hype313

Wouldn't be averse, but I'd love to see Danny Cowley.

Would go against everything ME has said he wants to build towards

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:50 - Sep 1 with 6621 viewstextbackup

We know ME likes to have a man lined up, normally, wonder if these calls are in the process of taking place

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 6593 viewsbluewein

He was kinda given something to build on at Bristol City, and he still didn't quite get the job done so he'd probably struggle like mad with us given we're a bit of a shambles at the moment.

Also from my time living in Yeovil when he was a player, he's a complete helmet who's ego will eventually cost him jobs by falling out with the fans and/or players because he really can't keep his mouth shut. Very much a guy who'd eat himself if he was made of chocolate...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 6621 viewsPhilTWTD

Seems a nice bloke from what I've seen of him at press conferences over the years and think he did a decent job at Bristol City. Skusey would get his vice-captaincy back you'd guess as they're very good mates.
Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 with 6585 viewsJ2BLUE

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:50 - Sep 1 by textbackup

We know ME likes to have a man lined up, normally, wonder if these calls are in the process of taking place

Just the thought is enough to send chills down your spine. Who do you think he's talking to? Paul Sturrock? Glenn Roeder? Gary Megson? Darren Eadie?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 with 6586 viewsitfcjoe

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:43 - Sep 1 by clive_baker

I'm sure he would be well up for it, but I would go for Paul Cook personally. Also immediately available, and I think we've largely got the personnel to suit his 4-2-3-1 here, aside perhaps from the physical man up top unless Hawkins can prove himself. I think his CV is impressive, and although the style of football might be a touch on the 'direct' side, it's got to be about results.

Looking at out of work managers, you'd imagine if anything were to happen it would be someone from the following list:

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Lee Johnson
Simon Grayson
Nigel Clough

Not a bad list of potential candidates.

Allegedly Evans is the one driving the managers to play 433 and attacking football, so any new appointment will need to be able to do that.

From what I've seen of Cook they mix it up but are comfortable on the ball, Johnson is a bit more pure whilst Cowleys are the other way

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 with 6573 viewsITFC_Forever

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:53 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Just the thought is enough to send chills down your spine. Who do you think he's talking to? Paul Sturrock? Glenn Roeder? Gary Megson? Darren Eadie?

Darren Eadie is currently Head of Football at St Jo's in Ipswich....

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 with 6545 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Looking at out of work managers, you'd imagine if anything were to happen it would be someone from the following list:

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Lee Johnson
Simon Grayson
Nigel Clough

Allegedly Evans is the one driving the managers to play 433 and attacking football, so any new appointment will need to be able to do that.

From what I've seen of Cook they mix it up but are comfortable on the ball, Johnson is a bit more pure whilst Cowleys are the other way

you don't think he'd go down the Dyer route?

I have no idea if it would be a good move or not. but just seems it would be the final throw of the dice, then if/when it goes tits up he locks the gates of PR.

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 with 6525 viewsJakeITFC

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:50 - Sep 1 by textbackup

Fans expectations on here aside, Lambert surely isn't anywhere near the door in reality is he?
Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:59 - Sep 1 with 6496 viewstextbackup

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:57 - Sep 1 by JakeITFC

Fans expectations on here aside, Lambert surely isn't anywhere near the door in reality is he?

I mean it sounds a proper sht storm down there, but is he likely to get the boot now, a week before season, whilst in a 4.5 year contract...... I highly doubt it

Lee Johnson anyone? on 16:00 - Sep 1 with 6490 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Lee Johnson anyone? on 15:54 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Paul Cook
Danny Cowley
Lee Johnson
Simon Grayson
Nigel Clough

Simon Grayson.... *shudders*

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024