Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... 10:07 - Sep 2 with 1921 viewsBloots

...."I’m not too sure what he’s going to go and do. I think that’s that a discussion that will happen throughout the week but come Thursday or Friday I’m sure the gaffer will have an idea of what he’s definitely going to go and do.”

What a club.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:08 - Sep 2 with 1881 viewsitfcjoe

Clear his desk?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:10 - Sep 2 with 1874 viewsportmanking

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:08 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

Clear his desk?

Is there movements happening behind the scenes, Joe? There must be for you and Phil to be quite so bullish about PL.
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:13 - Sep 2 with 1857 viewsitfcjoe

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:10 - Sep 2 by portmanking

Is there movements happening behind the scenes, Joe? There must be for you and Phil to be quite so bullish about PL.

No one ever knows, because it is all on one very private man who doesn’t seem to confide in anyone at the club.

But the situation is dire, and past the point of no return of you speak to anyone in or around the club - from the top of it to the bottom

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:15 - Sep 2 with 1825 viewsle2blue

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:13 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

No one ever knows, because it is all on one very private man who doesn’t seem to confide in anyone at the club.

But the situation is dire, and past the point of no return of you speak to anyone in or around the club - from the top of it to the bottom

Does that include LON Joe? Surely he must be feeding back how bad things have become?
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:22 - Sep 2 with 1783 viewsitfcjoe

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:15 - Sep 2 by le2blue

Does that include LON Joe? Surely he must be feeding back how bad things have become?

There’s no way he isn’t aware of it, players at all levels will have spoken to him - his head is either in the sand or he’s feeding it to ME.

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:30 - Sep 2 with 1714 viewsDubtractor

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:10 - Sep 2 by portmanking

What has Phil said?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 1695 viewsRadlett_blue

I think we have a huge problem with 40 contracted professional players & keeping them happy is near impossible. So Lambert never wants to come close to admitting what his best XI is, partly because I don't think he has a clue himself.
If he has any sense, he will play close to his best XI against Bristol Rovers & put out his 2nd XI against Arsenal U21s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Loose lips, sink ships.... on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 1699 viewsBloots

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:30 - Sep 2 by Dubtractor

What has Phil said?

Lee Johnson anyone? by PhilTWTD 1 Sep 2020 19:26
Could happen even sooner than might previously have been expected.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 1691 viewsjayessess

I keep idly thinking/hoping maybe it'll all be alright, behind the scenes the work's being done, it'll click on Saturday and all the pre-season stuff will be forgotten. But then the Assistant Manager comes up and inadvertently reveals that apparently even he doesn't know what the plan is ...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:32 - Sep 2 with 1680 viewsKeno

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:30 - Sep 2 by Dubtractor

What has Phil said?

What has Phil said? "where are the hobnobs, Gav WHERE ARE THE HOBNOBS!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:41 - Sep 2 with 1636 viewsFixed_It

Really that bad?!
Is this a relatively recent state of affairs, or has it been brewing for a long time?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Loose lips, sink ships.... on 10:43 - Sep 2 with 1612 viewsDubtractor

Loose lips, sink ships.... on 10:32 - Sep 2 by Bloots

Lee Johnson anyone? by PhilTWTD 1 Sep 2020 19:26
Could happen even sooner than might previously have been expected.

Crikey.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:51 - Sep 2 with 1552 viewsportmanking

Is it a case of - the players were prepared to give Lambert a second chance this season, but in pre-season nothing appears to have changed?
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:51 - Sep 2 with 1549 viewsIpswichKnight

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:31 - Sep 2 by Radlett_blue

I think we have a huge problem with 40 contracted professional players & keeping them happy is near impossible. So Lambert never wants to come close to admitting what his best XI is, partly because I don't think he has a clue himself.
If he has any sense, he will play close to his best XI against Bristol Rovers & put out his 2nd XI against Arsenal U21s.

Yay Judge at left wing again then on Saturday
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 11:23 - Sep 2 with 1417 viewsOsborneOneNil

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 10:22 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

There’s no way he isn’t aware of it, players at all levels will have spoken to him - his head is either in the sand or he’s feeding it to ME.

He's simply a 'yes man'. Not what we need in that role.
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 12:51 - Sep 2 with 1233 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Surely L'ON will go into self-preservation mode and report everything back to Evans. Will only look worse if Evans found out through a secondary source and then asked "Surely you knew about all of this?"

I look forward to the James Norwood podcast in 5 years time when all of the shambles of this management team gets revealed.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 12:51 - Sep 2 with 1232 viewsJ2BLUE

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 11:23 - Sep 2 by OsborneOneNil

He's simply a 'yes man'. Not what we need in that role.

He's paid to be a yes man. How do people not get this? Evans isn't paying people to come in and disagree with him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 1158 viewsCheltenham_Blue

To be fair, he's the assistant, not joint manager. I'm not sure why anyone would think that Lambert would share his team selection with Taylor 5 days before the fixture, that will only become clear in trying drills, probably today.

You're absolutely right about the state of the club, but there are far bigger things to pick up on rather than this one.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 13:12]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 1014 viewsgeg1992

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:03 - Sep 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be fair, he's the assistant, not joint manager. I'm not sure why anyone would think that Lambert would share his team selection with Taylor 5 days before the fixture, that will only become clear in trying drills, probably today.

You're absolutely right about the state of the club, but there are far bigger things to pick up on rather than this one.

I think a massive turning point was January or whenever he had his contract.

All the players had a massive wage cut, the management were putting forward an "all in it together" attitude, then Paul Lambert gets no doubt a big pay rise and a 5 year deal, basically a massive pi55 take.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:25 - Sep 2 with 1001 viewshadleighboyblue

Surely if things are this bad , it can't be allowed to carry on , it's not likely to get better anytime .

As someone said on another post , why are teams even thinking they have a chance of getting Norwood on loan - they must think they have a chance . That sort of thing should be knocked on the head straight away . It seems like the dressing room is not a happy place .
Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 972 viewsjayessess

Marvelous quote from Taylor there..... on 13:03 - Sep 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Where's the sense in keeping secrets from your own assistant? I would expect Lambert to have a strong sense of his own plan at this point, who he sees as his first choice XI, what their strategy for Saturday and Tuesday is going to be, and I'd expect it to have been discussed with his coaching staff so they can prepare accordingly.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024