Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham - All or Nothing 12:14 - Sep 2 with 5425 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Anyone seen it.

Bizarre scene that shows a discussion between Mourinho and Dier in Portuguese. Fair enough, but no sub titles of explanation of what was said.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:16 - Sep 2 with 5386 viewsKieran_Knows

Dier was brought up in Portugal and played for Sporting Lisbon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:17 - Sep 2 with 5384 viewsSitfcB

I had that on the first episode when Mourinho was talking to his assistant. Found out you have to turn the subtitles on yourself, so I went back and rewatched that bit with them on, turned them off for the next episode and they automatically came up the next time it happened.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:17 - Sep 2 with 5378 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:16 - Sep 2 by Kieran_Knows

Indeed, moved out there when he was 7. I had subtitles on mine, came up automatically. They were just talking about why Eric thought he was being left out by Pochettino.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:17 - Sep 2 with 5383 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Mine had sub-titles so not sure if you have turned them off somehow? Essentially Dier saying he didn't know, except for injuries, why Poch didn't start him regularly.

Either that or my Portuguese is much better than I though!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:18 - Sep 2 with 5368 viewscrossyitfc

Yes I thought it was odd but hen again Dier spent 10+ years in Portugal. I always have subtitles on anyway so was able to follow.
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:25 - Sep 2 with 5314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:16 - Sep 2 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, I know that.

That doesnt explain the lack of subtitles.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 5304 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:17 - Sep 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

Indeed, moved out there when he was 7. I had subtitles on mine, came up automatically. They were just talking about why Eric thought he was being left out by Pochettino.

Yes, I know.

But without subtitles there was no clue as to what his actual views were.

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 5296 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 12:17 - Sep 2 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Mine had sub-titles so not sure if you have turned them off somehow? Essentially Dier saying he didn't know, except for injuries, why Poch didn't start him regularly.

Either that or my Portuguese is much better than I though!

Thanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:20 - Sep 2 with 5049 viewsGarv

I think the whole thing is bizarre.

Presume it's supposed to be a sneak behind the curtain at a top football club and provide an interesting insight, but all I've seen is Jose and Harry Kane swearing and delivering really tin pot pre match speeches, with some really vague office one to ones mixed in.

I know I'm being harsh because there will obviously be more to it that they can't or won't show, but still.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:28 - Sep 2 with 5018 viewsSomethingBlue

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:20 - Sep 2 by Garv

Presume it's supposed to be a sneak behind the curtain at a top football club and provide an interesting insight, but all I've seen is Jose and Harry Kane swearing and delivering really tin pot pre match speeches, with some really vague office one to ones mixed in.

I know I'm being harsh because there will obviously be more to it that they can't or won't show, but still.

It's glossy confected rubbish but people seem content to think this stuff "lifts the lid".

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:48 - Sep 2 with 4939 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agreed. Couldn't help but laugh when Kane was trying to motivate them!
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 4806 viewsLankHenners

It's all a bit contrived.

It's mildly interesting in that you see some things you wouldn't normally but the whole 'behind the scenes, access all areas' thing is undermined by everyone clearly very aware that the cameras are on them. The player interviews are pointless as they answer the questions like they would at a post-match interview, i.e. in a vague, safe 'better not say anything that will get me in trouble' type way.

They've clearly tried to elevate what was a mediocre season into something else with Tom Hardy's overdramatic narration and it's been edited like it's a TV thriller series.

The Sunderland one on Netflix has some similar problems but does a much better job (so far) of making a good documentary, whereas this one just seems like an excuse to show off Spurs' flashy stadium and everything that comes with it. Mourinho's decent value though.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 18:43 - Sep 2 with 4804 viewsGarv

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:28 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

It's glossy confected rubbish but people seem content to think this stuff "lifts the lid".

Yeah, I don't imagine it does in truth. I think I'd be squirming in my chair if I was a Spurs fan.

Also thought it'd give Jose a better image, it really doesn't.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 19:41 - Sep 2 with 4709 viewsstrikalite

Man City one was better imo, yeah also in that one different languages and no sub titles, you have to turn sub titles on?? So then you get everything in sub titles?
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:58 - Sep 3 with 4386 viewshype313

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 18:43 - Sep 2 by LankHenners

It's mildly interesting in that you see some things you wouldn't normally but the whole 'behind the scenes, access all areas' thing is undermined by everyone clearly very aware that the cameras are on them. The player interviews are pointless as they answer the questions like they would at a post-match interview, i.e. in a vague, safe 'better not say anything that will get me in trouble' type way.

They've clearly tried to elevate what was a mediocre season into something else with Tom Hardy's overdramatic narration and it's been edited like it's a TV thriller series.

The Sunderland one on Netflix has some similar problems but does a much better job (so far) of making a good documentary, whereas this one just seems like an excuse to show off Spurs' flashy stadium and everything that comes with it. Mourinho's decent value though.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night, it was pretty dire in all honesty.

Kane's pre match speeches are cringeworthy, Mourinho is desperately trying to come across like Sir bob, it's embarrassing, especially when you hear how morose he was at Chelsea, Utd and Madrid.

Is Levy the owner or is it still Joe Lewis?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 22:57 - Sep 3 with 4202 viewslinhdi

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:58 - Sep 3 by hype313

I watched the first 3 episodes last night, it was pretty dire in all honesty.

Kane's pre match speeches are cringeworthy, Mourinho is desperately trying to come across like Sir bob, it's embarrassing, especially when you hear how morose he was at Chelsea, Utd and Madrid.

Is Levy the owner or is it still Joe Lewis?

It's very sanitised - and obvious that they are trying to create a story around Mourinho's brilliance, in that they show him bigging up whichever player ends up being MotM next up...

Spurs are owned by a business called ENIC, which is owned roughly 70% by Joe Lewis and 30% by Levy (who made his first fortune owning Mr Byrite, set up by his dad). So Lewis is the main man, but Levy is the ft-in-charge. Lewis is rather more publicity-shy than Marcus Evans, is worth an absolute fortune but the club is self-financing.
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 10:01 - Sep 4 with 3985 viewsrickw

I had subs too.
I've enjoyed it more than the Man city one - that seemed all a bit nice and you saw only what Man City wanted you to see.

This one seems a bit more personal - with the players reactions when Poch was sacked and replaced with Mourinho, and then several one on one interviews and also Dier's reaction after being subbed after 29 mins was good

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 10:09 - Sep 4 with 3966 viewsWallingford_Boy

I had subtitles.

I think its really interesting. Shows Mourinhio as a great man manager, not quite the harsh dictator some think!

Kane shouldn't be allowed to speak though, so cringe.

Most you lot on here love to moan at EVERYTHING, its a good show, just enjoy it. Its entertainment, but yeah take it all with a pinch of salt.

RIP Sir Bobby

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 11:05 - Sep 4 with 3902 viewsm14_blue

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 18:43 - Sep 2 by LankHenners

I thought Sunderland 'til I Die was much better TV
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 13:50 - Sep 4 with 3822 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I've found it really interesting. I know it is curated and we only see what they show us etc, but football is such a secretive sport in terms of behind the scenes and how the managers do things that I've really enjoyed seeing a (selective) peek behind the curtain.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 14:00 - Sep 4 with 3798 viewsPJH

Are they doing a '60th Anniversary of winning the title" episode?
Tottenham - All or Nothing on 16:10 - Sep 4 with 3726 viewsChrisd

Tottenham - All or Nothing on 18:43 - Sep 2 by Garv

Yeah, I don't imagine it does in truth. I think I'd be squirming in my chair if I was a Spurs fan.

Also thought it'd give Jose a better image, it really doesn't.

Disagree there, from the first 3 episodes it reflects Mourinho as human with a good sense of humour. Different to how he is portrayed outside many of his clubs and by the media. Also, Dan Levy comes out of it positively too. A man normally considered hard-nosed and all business is certainly not reflected like that so far in this series.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024