Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Capel has died 14:57 - Sep 2 with 1045 viewsSteve_M

Only 57.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/02/former-england-all-rounder-david-c

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David Capel has died on 15:07 - Sep 2 with 1002 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Really sad news. Much loved at Northants, which is a County set up that has a lot more in common with the Cobbold's Ipswich than most of the "too mamy over-expanded County Grounds chasing too few Ashes Tests, here's a media suite, please love us Sky" set-ups.

Kids are in the system and close to the First Team coaches from 11 or 12 onwards. He and David Ripley brought through a lot of young talent in recent years: Monty Panesar, Graeme Swann, David Willey, Ben Duckett, Niall O'Brien, Jack Brooks etc
David Capel has died on 16:10 - Sep 2 with 905 viewshampstead_blue

So sad.

I was speaking to an umpire recently about him. We were both cooing over his wonderfully fluid bowling action.
He was a mate of DC's who told me he was close.

Cricket has lost of it's finest county all-rounders.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

David Capel has died on 17:28 - Sep 2 with 796 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really sad news. That absolutely sucks. I didn't know he was ill but I saw him on TV fairly recently and thought to myself, that he didn't look well.

He was probably the first player I remember given that dreaded 'new Botham' tag to try and emulate. He was a very capable player and a bit of a legend in terms of Northants CCC.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

David Capel has died on 07:24 - Sep 3 with 557 viewsGaryCooper

That is very sad, watched him play for Northants at the victory ground in the Nat West trophy, Northants were 0 for 2 and would have been 3 if when Alan Lamb's cap fell off and landed on the stumps, it had dislodged a bail.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024