Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upcoming two cup games 09:55 - Sep 3 with 479 viewsJDAndCoke

What is the general consensus on the Bristol Rovers/Arsenal U21's games then? On one hand I think it would be wise to play the kids against Arsenal and go out of the league cup as I can see these competitions being a real burden given the shortened season.

On the other hand we desperately need some positivity to start this season off and can see the pressure unnecessarily ramping up even before the Wigan game if we lose one or both of these?
Upcoming two cup games on 10:01 - Sep 3 with 448 viewsIpswich24

I never understand where people get this while idea that it's ok to pick which games to win. For crying out loud we ain't Real Madrid, we are a mid table league one team. We don't have right pick and choose what games we turn up in!

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Upcoming two cup games on 10:06 - Sep 3 with 429 viewsSomethingBlue

Happy for them to be used as friendlies, basically, as long as it's done properly. That said I think it makes sense to go for strongest lineup — whatever that is — against Rovers and fringe players against Arsenal. Not too bothered by the scores as long as there's evidence we are doing something viable.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Upcoming two cup games on 10:15 - Sep 3 with 408 viewsParsley

I want to see a strong team for both games to be honest. Maybe 6 or 7 of who is considered 'first XI' with a few who need minutes or coming back from injury. Most of preseason has seen us try to adapt to this new system but think it's important for players to start to develop understanding as a team and that only comes from playing together. Who's going to be the first choice centre back pairing, which 3 are going to be linking up in midfield and who's going to be the focal point of the attack? That's what I want to be able to know before the first league came not still trying to figure it out a few games in.
Upcoming two cup games on 10:16 - Sep 3 with 400 viewsIpswichKnight

We should be using the Rovers game to finalise our starting XI squad for the first league game. With our squad depth we should be looking to win the game as well I know it's novel for us but I quite like seeing and hearing us actually win a game!

However I have no faith in the tool in charge and instead we'll some random selection from Lambingo machine Lancelot.
Upcoming two cup games on 10:17 - Sep 3 with 396 viewsKeno

I dont really care what the team is

Sitters could be up front and you in goal, just as long as Lamberk isnt the manager

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Upcoming two cup games on 10:21 - Sep 3 with 381 viewsitfcjoe

I'd like to see presumed starting team for Wigan on Saturday, then for the 11 who start to be given the night off v Arsenal and the back up XI play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Upcoming two cup games on 10:25 - Sep 3 with 364 viewsPique

I couldn’t really care less about any of the cups this year, to be honest. There is only one priority this year, and it’s more important than it’s ever been: promotion.

So we should use the cup games in whatever way is useful to that goal. If, for example, it’s helpful to treat these two games as preseason and play senior players who need more game time in their legs, then do that. But if, further down the line, our first choice XI needs a rest then I don’t care if we play the Under 9s and get knocked out by a pub team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024