Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal 08:42 - Sep 4 with 1933 viewsTractorBoyOlly

If Lambert does get off to a poor start, (I see this as knocked out of Carabao, fail to win against Arsenal and 1 point from first 3 games) then the Rochdale game could be his last.

Transfer window closes on 5th October and if Evans has put feelers out like he did with Keane then gives new manager a week or so to bring in new blood.

Just a thought, hope it doesn't happen but could work out quite nicely.

Poll: Final points total?

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:48 - Sep 4 with 1693 viewsHerbivore

Rochdale at home could be pivotal. What a time to be alive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:49 - Sep 4 with 1694 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

I'm hoping he's gone long before then. Preferably this afternoon, but if not, next week.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:50 - Sep 4 with 1690 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:49 - Sep 4 by ITFC_Forever

FFS.

I'm hoping he's gone long before then. Preferably this afternoon, but if not, next week.

Pointless sacking him now. Done all the pre season work etc. Got to give him a chance to amend his failings but like I said, I'd give him 5 games.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:00 - Sep 4 with 1653 viewsITFC_Forever

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:50 - Sep 4 by TractorBoyOlly

Pointless sacking him now. Done all the pre season work etc. Got to give him a chance to amend his failings but like I said, I'd give him 5 games.

Can't afford to waste any (more) time and risk getting behind.

When you're at the point of saying "I'll just him a few more games", there's no point - the decision is made and your prolonging the agony.
Get rid now.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:12 - Sep 4 with 1613 viewsHerbivore

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:50 - Sep 4 by TractorBoyOlly

There's every point in sacking him now. Why give him 5 games? We know he's not up to the job and it's only a matter of time before he's inevitably sacked. May as well do it now.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:28 - Sep 4 with 1594 viewsHARRY10

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 08:49 - Sep 4 by ITFC_Forever

FFS.

Evans gave him a five year contract, for a reason. To sort out the mess that is the club

That mess will not be sorted by spending money paying off Lambert and his coaches etc

Nor will it be resolved appointing some 'wonder' manager who will get us up to the PL in a couple of seasons

Lambert is here for the long term, and no endless whinging on your part, or others, will change that.
Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:30 - Sep 4 with 1585 viewsBlueBadger

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:28 - Sep 4 by HARRY10

Evans gave him a five year contract, for a reason. To sort out the mess that is the club

That mess will not be sorted by spending money paying off Lambert and his coaches etc

Nor will it be resolved appointing some 'wonder' manager who will get us up to the PL in a couple of seasons

Lambert is here for the long term, and no endless whinging on your part, or others, will change that.

But the trouble is, Lambert has been here two years and has done nothing to suggest he'll do anything to sort out the mess. If anything, with his failures over that time, he's compounded and exacerbated it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:32 - Sep 4 with 1574 viewsITFC_Forever

He's done nothing to show he's achieved anything to "sort out the mess".

It's just as bad as ever.

You would expect us by now to have an identity on the pitch, a recognised style of play / formation, and a good idea of how to get the best from the squad.
We have none of that.

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:32 - Sep 4 with 1571 viewsHerbivore

This post will not age well.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:34 - Sep 4 with 1576 viewsBlueBadger

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:32 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

This post will not age well.

It's just over five minutes old and the claim that Lambert is running a long-term project looks laughable...
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 9:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:39 - Sep 4 with 1555 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm not sure a week is long enough to identify weaknesses in the squad and get deals for new players agreed and signed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:47 - Sep 4 with 1533 viewsITFC_Forever

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:39 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not sure a week is long enough to identify weaknesses in the squad and get deals for new players agreed and signed.

Imagine what could have been done by a new manager in the six months or so since we last played....

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:48 - Sep 4 with 1534 viewsNthQldITFC

Rochdale always used to be my joke club when I was a kid, because they were always around the bottom of the fourth division, when we were always up at the top of the first division. There was such a massive gap, it seemed like a different sport almost. On the bright side, we have done more to close that gap than they have.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:11 - Sep 4 with 1481 viewsPJH

Oh wonderful!

Obviously the first part of sorting out the mess comprises of making the mess a lot worse.
Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:15 - Sep 4 with 1475 viewsBlueBadger

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:11 - Sep 4 by PJH

Oh wonderful!

Obviously the first part of sorting out the mess comprises of making the mess a lot worse.

Come on now, remember when Burley came in to do a long term job and had us finish mid-table in the third division whilst changing first XI, formation and tactics every single game?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 10:18]

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 1444 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:39 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

Any clued up manager looking to get back into the game will still be keeping an eye on who is available and scouting opportunities.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:37 - Sep 4 with 1412 viewsBlueBadger

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:22 - Sep 4 by TractorBoyOlly

Any clued up manager looking to get back into the game will still be keeping an eye on who is available and scouting opportunities.

Ah, that explains Lambert's transfer policy January 2019 then.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 11:15 - Sep 4 with 1365 viewsGarv

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:37 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

Ah, that explains Lambert's transfer policy January 2019 then.

Well we did have such a good half season behind us to use to convince new players to join, after all.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 12:47 - Sep 4 with 1321 viewsBlueBadger

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 11:15 - Sep 4 by Garv

Well we did have such a good half season behind us to use to convince new players to join, after all.

And a highly competent manager who hadn't failed in nearly every job he'd had in the last decade!

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 14:10 - Sep 4 with 1276 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 09:47 - Sep 4 by ITFC_Forever

Imagine what could have been done by a new manager in the six months or so since we last played....

Not a lot I'd imagine, as we were in lockdown.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 14:12 - Sep 4 with 1275 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:22 - Sep 4 by TractorBoyOlly

They won't be looking at the deficiencies in every single squad though.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 16:47 - Sep 4 with 1209 viewsITFC_Forever

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 14:10 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

Not a lot I'd imagine, as we were in lockdown.

Didn't realise the phones stopped working during lockdown.

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 17:18 - Sep 4 with 1184 viewsHARRY10

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 10:11 - Sep 4 by PJH

Oh wonderful!

As said, unless there are clubs willing to take on the failures in our squad Lambert is stuck with them.

If Lambert has sign Skuse and Chambers this summer imagine the outcry a few games in. But he is stuck with them, as with Noble, Donacien and Nsiala

There is virtually no money to spend on fees or wages either

It is not the supposed failings of Lambert, but the huge failings of those who are unwilling to grasp the true position the club is in.
Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 17:25 - Sep 4 with 1176 viewsPJH

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 17:18 - Sep 4 by HARRY10

As said, unless there are clubs willing to take on the failures in our squad Lambert is stuck with them.

If Lambert has sign Skuse and Chambers this summer imagine the outcry a few games in. But he is stuck with them, as with Noble, Donacien and Nsiala

It is not the supposed failings of Lambert, but the huge failings of those who are unwilling to grasp the true position the club is in.

Would that be the Noble that is captain of West Ham?

Yes you have to feel sorry for Paul Lambert who is obviously doing a magnificent job.
Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 17:37 - Sep 4 with 1159 viewsHerbivore

Rochdale 26th September could be pivotal on 17:18 - Sep 4 by HARRY10

Lambert signed or gave new contracts to the vast majority of the current squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024