Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right back 11:09 - Sep 4 with 1931 viewsDarkblue

With Vincent Young definitely out and Donacien/Edwards both carrying injuries and potentially out who do we see starting at right back?

Chambers temporarily moving out to right back? A start for Dylan Crowe?
Right back on 11:13 - Sep 4 with 1897 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think Janoi will be fit, to be honest. If not, it will be Wilson.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Right back on 12:12 - Sep 4 with 1831 viewsDarkblue

Right back on 11:13 - Sep 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Makes sense I guess.

I wonder what has happened to Dylan Crowe. I thought he was meant to be fairly promising (think he was linked with Borrusia Dortmund and Arsenal). I wonder why he isn't getting a look in at least as a back up this season?
Right back on 12:36 - Sep 4 with 1790 viewsChrisd

For me, it's a no for Wilson at RB, put one of the youngsters in if Donacien or Cotter aren't available. This game is a free hit, it would be a good opportunity to see how they'd cope.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 12:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Right back on 12:47 - Sep 4 with 1751 viewsDarkblue

Right back on 12:36 - Sep 4 by Chrisd

For me, it's a no for Wilson at RB, put one of the youngsters in if Donacien or Cotter aren't available. This game is a free hit, it would be a good opportunity to see how they'd cope.

To be honest I wasn't even aware Wilson was considered a RB. I'd forgotten about Cotter, I assume considering his recent trial at Leyton Orient then he's not going to be considered for the first team.

I think giving one of the youngsters a go isn't a bad idea. I'm pretty sure Woolfenden also played RB during his loan at Swindon if we were really desperate.
Right back on 12:49 - Sep 4 with 1739 viewsBiGDonnie

Right back on 12:12 - Sep 4 by Darkblue

Makes sense I guess.

I wonder what has happened to Dylan Crowe. I thought he was meant to be fairly promising (think he was linked with Borrusia Dortmund and Arsenal). I wonder why he isn't getting a look in at least as a back up this season?

He was recently on loan at Orient. Didn't particularly impress so may have come back already.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Right back on 12:51 - Sep 4 with 1734 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Not Dylan Crowe. Having seen him in pre season, although Joe will know more, he has looked sluggish and almost disinterested at both Needham and Felixestowe & Walton.

Could be Woolfenden.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Right back on 13:12 - Sep 4 with 1711 viewsJon_456

If Wilson comes in, it will be at CB with Woolf moving to RB as he did a couple of times last season.
Right back on 13:36 - Sep 4 with 1632 viewsDarkblue

Right back on 12:49 - Sep 4 by BiGDonnie

He was recently on loan at Orient. Didn't particularly impress so may have come back already.

I think this was Barry Cotter, who I imagine is no longer in contention for the first team either.
Login to get fewer ads

Right back on 13:37 - Sep 4 with 1629 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Right back on 13:36 - Sep 4 by Darkblue

I think this was Barry Cotter, who I imagine is no longer in contention for the first team either.

It was Barry Cotter. Dylan has been featuring in u23's but looks miles off first team right now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Right back on 13:39 - Sep 4 with 1620 viewsDarkblue

Right back on 13:37 - Sep 4 by TheTrueBlue1878

It was Barry Cotter. Dylan has been featuring in u23's but looks miles off first team right now.

It's a bit of a shame - he's signed a contract to 2022 so you'd like to think he'd be pushing for the first team this season given how talented he's meant to be.
Right back on 13:52 - Sep 4 with 1587 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I don't particularly want Wilson there either, but there doesn't seem to be any other viable option, to be honest. Cotter is not good enough and is only getting mentioned because he had a great 60 minutes over two years ago, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Right back on 14:32 - Sep 4 with 1510 viewsSwansea_Blue

Right back on 13:36 - Sep 4 by Darkblue

According to this article, there's a good chance we're looking to ship him out. They're quoting a well dodgy source though

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Right back on 16:37 - Sep 4 with 1417 viewsMullet

Right back on 12:12 - Sep 4 by Darkblue

Makes sense I guess.

He was injured last season and is now coming back from it as per half the squad.

If he's fit enough it wouldn't be a bad option as I have no interest in us doing anything in the cups. We need to win the league and nothing else.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Right back on 16:53 - Sep 4 with 1389 viewsBLUEBEAT

Everything goes out the window and we revert to 352 with Edwards as RWB

Poll: W or W

Right back on 17:06 - Sep 4 with 1369 viewsPhilTWTD

Right back on 11:13 - Sep 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Wilson has only played one game in pre-season so probably not him. I would guess Edwards if not Donacien, one or other will probably be OK.
Right back on 07:54 - Sep 5 with 1155 viewsDarkblue

Going off Joe's thread looks like chambers is going to be starting at right back 🤦

I thought we'd all worked out that was a bad idea in 2015!
Right back on 07:56 - Sep 5 with 1147 viewsMullet

Right back on 07:54 - Sep 5 by Darkblue

Going off Joe's thread looks like chambers is going to be starting at right back 🤦

I thought we'd all worked out that was a bad idea in 2015!

When we were top of the Championship or when we finished 6th and then 7th etc?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Right back on 07:59 - Sep 5 with 1137 viewsDarkblue

Right back on 07:56 - Sep 5 by Mullet

When we were top of the Championship or when we finished 6th and then 7th etc?

Fair play - you've done me there. Still not convinced 35 year old chambers at right back is a good idea for today though!
Right back on 08:18 - Sep 5 with 1115 viewsChrisd

Right back on 07:59 - Sep 5 by Darkblue

Fair play - you've done me there. Still not convinced 35 year old chambers at right back is a good idea for today though!

You’re right, let’s hope Rovers haven’t got two speedy wingers otherwise we could be in for a busy afternoon.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024