Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever thoughts on Lambert... 14:03 - Sep 4 with 6268 viewsitfcjoe

....it's pretty embarrassing for a vastly experienced manager to make such a big U-Turn with regards to the issue of rotation and keeping a similar tactical system across all games.

Amazing that he has, or is being, give the chance to turn round from last season whatever happens, or however long his leash is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:06 - Sep 4 with 3991 viewsBlueBadger

Frankly, the fact that his football clueless owner had to tell him to stop is ground alone that he's nt fit for the job and should go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:10 - Sep 4 with 3943 viewshector_clifford

It is like he has always thought it, and never said what he did before.
You would have more respect for him, if he was humble enough to hold his hands up and admit that HE made mistakes.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:12 - Sep 4 with 3931 viewsWoolfenthen

Just seems odd that he was allowed to get away with it after abandoning it after his first 5 games or so. He clearly came in and fitted the brief and carried out what was asked of him to start with and then changed it all without it being challenged for a year, weird.
Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:17 - Sep 4 with 3879 viewshype313

Lets be honest, most managers worth their salt or have self respect would walk if the owner started dictating tactics.

He's clearly waiting for a pay off.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:26 - Sep 4 with 3821 viewshector_clifford

Are you doing the live Blue Monday podcast tonight Joe?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:29 - Sep 4 with 3795 viewsLankHenners

Very stupid that last year he said other teams play 1000 games a season and therefore meant that regular mass rotation was necessary, and now is using the exact same reason to say the complete opposite.

And for all the talk of a consistent style of play, it's a tad concerning that we spent the first few pre-season games passing out from the back, then as soon as 6ft5 Hawkins comes in, it goes out of the window and we start lumping it aimlessly towards him. All mitigating factors that come with pre-season matches aside, it doesn't really inspire confidence that we'll be able to successfully impose any style with any consistency.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:30 - Sep 4 with 3789 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:26 - Sep 4 by hector_clifford

Are you doing the live Blue Monday podcast tonight Joe?

I'm not planning to be - think it is Rich and Ben - hoping to get a live one after game on Saturday, and I'll be doing the main pod that drops Monday morning

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:40 - Sep 4 with 3719 viewsitfcjoe

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:29 - Sep 4 by LankHenners

Very stupid that last year he said other teams play 1000 games a season and therefore meant that regular mass rotation was necessary, and now is using the exact same reason to say the complete opposite.

And for all the talk of a consistent style of play, it's a tad concerning that we spent the first few pre-season games passing out from the back, then as soon as 6ft5 Hawkins comes in, it goes out of the window and we start lumping it aimlessly towards him. All mitigating factors that come with pre-season matches aside, it doesn't really inspire confidence that we'll be able to successfully impose any style with any consistency.

Yep, we have as many games in a much tighter schedule this year and we don't need to rotate any more.....

Login to get fewer ads

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:42 - Sep 4 with 3712 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's pretty obvious he's damned whatever he does with some of you. If he doesn't change his approach it's the definition of madness (and would have everyone on here up in arms); he DOES change and it's an embarrassing u-turn.

So literally, other than resign, there's nothing he can do that will make you happy.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:49 - Sep 4 with 3670 viewsParky

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:42 - Sep 4 by BrixtonBlue

It's pretty obvious he's damned whatever he does with some of you. If he doesn't change his approach it's the definition of madness (and would have everyone on here up in arms); he DOES change and it's an embarrassing u-turn.

So literally, other than resign, there's nothing he can do that will make you happy.

Not a dig, just curious. - Why do you feel the need to defend our clubs worst ever manager in every single post?

The bloke took us down without a fight and had a free pass, the bloke then led the club to our lowest ever league position in our clubs history and is still in a job. Regardless of all the behind the scenes rumours about him, this alone is indefensible; or do you just accept that?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 14:50]
Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 3657 viewshomer_123

Can we actually 'see' what he does first before claiming he's made a U turn.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:53 - Sep 4 with 3621 viewsBluefish

Resigning would be good, anything else would be disappointing

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:55 - Sep 4 with 3625 viewshomer_123

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:49 - Sep 4 by Parky

Not a dig, just curious. - Why do you feel the need to defend our clubs worst ever manager in every single post?

The bloke took us down without a fight and had a free pass, the bloke then led the club to our lowest ever league position in our clubs history and is still in a job. Regardless of all the behind the scenes rumours about him, this alone is indefensible; or do you just accept that?

He does have a valid point here.

Actually to perform such a U turn (if he actually does) is actually 'good management'. If he's learnt from last season (and there is no reason why a manager cannot learn even in the later part of his career) and decided that didn't work and will change the approach - then surely that can only be a good thing.

We are stuck with him, so on this point - if he learns and stick with a more solid and stable team - I think we can all agree that's no bad thing.

That's not to say it hasn't come too late and he should have implemented it much, much earlier. Nor does it detract from his overall performance here but to have a pop at him for changing it - does seem a touch harsh.

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:56 - Sep 4 with 3621 viewshomer_123

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:53 - Sep 4 by Bluefish

Resigning would be good, anything else would be disappointing

I don't disagree. But nothing indicates he's going anywhere, so surely, if he does run with a more consistent team, that's no bad thing?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:57 - Sep 4 with 3611 viewsParky

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:55 - Sep 4 by homer_123

He does have a valid point here.

Actually to perform such a U turn (if he actually does) is actually 'good management'. If he's learnt from last season (and there is no reason why a manager cannot learn even in the later part of his career) and decided that didn't work and will change the approach - then surely that can only be a good thing.

We are stuck with him, so on this point - if he learns and stick with a more solid and stable team - I think we can all agree that's no bad thing.

That's not to say it hasn't come too late and he should have implemented it much, much earlier. Nor does it detract from his overall performance here but to have a pop at him for changing it - does seem a touch harsh.

I do get the point you are both making, however; I can’t help but think he’s only now opting to change his ways because Marcus Evans has openly told him to.
Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 15:01 - Sep 4 with 3590 viewshomer_123

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:57 - Sep 4 by Parky

I do get the point you are both making, however; I can’t help but think he’s only now opting to change his ways because Marcus Evans has openly told him to.

Yeah - can see that perspective as well.

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 15:02 - Sep 4 with 3580 viewshector_clifford

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:30 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

I'm not planning to be - think it is Rich and Ben - hoping to get a live one after game on Saturday, and I'll be doing the main pod that drops Monday morning

Thanks Joe, looking forward to it.

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 15:06 - Sep 4 with 3568 viewsDarth_Koont

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:50 - Sep 4 by homer_123

Can we actually 'see' what he does first before claiming he's made a U turn.

Exactly. Feels like the biggest incoherence over the past couple of years is how often the words don't match the actions.

Pronouns: He/Him

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 15:17 - Sep 4 with 3513 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:49 - Sep 4 by Parky

I agree with everything you've said, apart from I think Hurst is our worst and I don't defend Lambert in every single post.

Now, how about dealing with what I actually posted? Am I not right in my reply to Joe? Whether Lambert changes or stays the same he gets abuse. True or false?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 3450 viewsJon_456

Is it embarrassing? Despite his flaws & mistakes as a manager, to me it looks like he’s listened to his players regarding the rotation and is happy to accept he got that one wrong.

Time will tell if he actually follows through with it though.
Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 16:00 - Sep 4 with 3337 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'd like my 2 downarrowers to explain what I've said that's incorrect here.

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 16:08 - Sep 4 with 3295 viewsMetal_Hacker

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 14:40 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

Yep, we have as many games in a much tighter schedule this year and we don't need to rotate any more.....

Is he not now (cleverly or not so cleverly) claiming players are injured in order not to play them and "rotate" his squad that way ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 3247 viewsBlueBadger

I think the main thing that grates for people is the clear inference that he's only changed due to the interference of a notoriously clueless owner. It's not showing his abilities up over well if Evans has been able to spot the main reason for why it's been such a pig's ear.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 16:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 3250 viewsNewcyBlue

Lambert needs to build up support again.

He had unbelievable backing. But he couldn’t manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

Now he needs to actually prove himself to be a manager that deserves to manage Ipswich.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Whatever thoughts on Lambert... on 16:28 - Sep 4 with 3216 viewsMullet

It's a very mixed bag today having just got home and caught up on it all.

People have demanded Evans be more "hands on" to varying degrees so maybe this is symptomatic of it? Perhaps Lambert is adjusting to having the run of the place and being held accountable for what has happened on his watch?

That said it is worrying he is becoming more like Mick finally and talking about the need to win your shirt, inability to sign new players and the like. No coincidence that the basics and route to success starts there.

Feels very much like he's had the Football manager equivalent of "this many points by this time or you're gone" type talk and this is how he's reacted.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024