Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then 15:47 - Sep 5 with 1867 viewsMullet

Helps that most of the game is going down our right, but he’s been involved in our best football more often than not. The movement between AD, Judge and Bishop has been really positive to see.
Drinan looks handy too, and at least very motivated. That pass to him from Toto was special too.

Thought Holy did well with that save and the bad pass back we got away with. When Dozzell comes deep to give Woolf the option we are much better too. Sears and Nolan have done some good stuff but not really getting as much of a chance to impress are they?

Nice to see us score from a set piece too. It’s like Mick’s back in charge innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 1823 viewsstewartm

First half Nsiala all the way! He has been great and the pass for the first goal was just Pogba'ish...

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:50 - Sep 5 with 1762 viewsBluefish

Agreed, Chambers is the luck of the team for me

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 1744 viewsJimmy86

"It’s like Mick’s back in charge innit."

Nope, because we're actually winning a game in the league Cup lol 😉😉
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 1739 viewsBLUEBEAT

Yes. Fair play. I’ve been a big Chambers critic over the last couple of seasons but he has been solid and pro-active this first half. I genuinely expected a load of diagonal balls from Bristol behind his position, but that hasn’t really happened.

Hope he can keep it up for the second half.

Poll: W or W

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:52 - Sep 5 with 1714 viewsGlasgowBlue

Drinan for me. Chambers less gaffe prone out on the right.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 1667 viewsDarkblue

He's looked very good so far. Glad to have been wrong. Let's hope he can keep it up!
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 1655 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alright so far innit. Much better than the end of last season. Rovers bloody awful though; we'll have much tougher games than this ahead.

Even Toto's been decisive and cleared any danger.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 1632 viewsTieDyedIn95

Yeah no complaints, aside from the silly kick at the Rovers player he's been good.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:04 - Sep 5 with 1556 viewsBromleyBloo

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:56 - Sep 5 by TieDyedIn95

Yeah no complaints, aside from the silly kick at the Rovers player he's been good.

Agreed, Chambers MOTM so far, with Nsiala not far behind - not only defensively, albeit up against no strikers, but both have suddenly developed the ability to pass?!? Drinan also good and flashes of the old Bishop and Dozzell!!!! COYB!!!
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:11 - Sep 5 with 1512 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

He has played well and great header for goal, but Nsiala is the pick for me. Played much better than I have seen from him. If he continues like that, the shirt is his. (according to Lambert).
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:22 - Sep 5 with 1476 viewsGarv

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 15:51 - Sep 5 by Jimmy86

"It’s like Mick’s back in charge innit."

Nope, because we're actually winning a game in the league Cup lol 😉😉

And first half goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:33 - Sep 5 with 1427 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ward looks like he's going to be an excellent signing. Streets ahead of anyone we've had at left back for a while.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:45 - Sep 5 with 1380 viewsChrisd

Well Mullet, Chambers sounds like he had a very solid game at RB. I bow to your knowledge. Hopefully, his substitution was for a minor injury and a precautionary measure.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 17:02 - Sep 5 with 1292 viewsHarry_Palmer

Credit where credit is due, he certainly did better than expected at right back. Bristol were poor down that side of the pitch but you can only play what you are up against and it was a good performance from him today.
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 17:04 - Sep 5 with 1277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Personally I thought Ward but Drinan was excellent too.

It is great to be able to discuss who had the better game after a win.

To think KVY may not be first choice left back too. Maybe he would play left side of midfield if Ward is playing?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 17:06 - Sep 5 with 1265 viewsTieDyedIn95

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 16:04 - Sep 5 by BromleyBloo

Agreed, Chambers MOTM so far, with Nsiala not far behind - not only defensively, albeit up against no strikers, but both have suddenly developed the ability to pass?!? Drinan also good and flashes of the old Bishop and Dozzell!!!! COYB!!!

He played better a right back today then he did for most of the games he played at centre half last season. Hopefully he just got a knock because having him with Ward on the other side worked both going forward and helped keep the back steady which actually allowed Toto to play with a bit more confidence also.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 18:05 - Sep 5 with 1181 viewsMullet

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 17:04 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Personally I thought Ward but Drinan was excellent too.

It is great to be able to discuss who had the better game after a win.

To think KVY may not be first choice left back too. Maybe he would play left side of midfield if Ward is playing?

I'd have thought KVY will slot straight into RB.

Drinan had as good of a debut as can be expected without scoring. His eagerness and movement were decent, while Sears saw far less of the ball we supplied him perfectly both times for his type of finishes.

I'd say if you had to pick "bad games" it'd be Woolf and Nolan because the former made a couple of mistakes in his positioning and got away with them, likewise the pass back and Nolan was not seeing as much of the link up play as the others. But it'd be very harsh to say they were poor or anything.

Brizzle were very nice and tidy but will presumably play a stronger 11 than they did today most weeks. That looked like their equivalent of a patched side to me.

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 22:18 - Sep 5 with 1074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 18:05 - Sep 5 by Mullet

I'd have thought KVY will slot straight into RB.

Drinan had as good of a debut as can be expected without scoring. His eagerness and movement were decent, while Sears saw far less of the ball we supplied him perfectly both times for his type of finishes.

I'd say if you had to pick "bad games" it'd be Woolf and Nolan because the former made a couple of mistakes in his positioning and got away with them, likewise the pass back and Nolan was not seeing as much of the link up play as the others. But it'd be very harsh to say they were poor or anything.

Brizzle were very nice and tidy but will presumably play a stronger 11 than they did today most weeks. That looked like their equivalent of a patched side to me.

Ah, yes, he plays either side doesn't he? Don't know why I thought he was left sided only, maybe he played that side mainly when he came or maybe I am just mad.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 22:49 - Sep 5 with 1049 viewsSimonds92

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 22:18 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, yes, he plays either side doesn't he? Don't know why I thought he was left sided only, maybe he played that side mainly when he came or maybe I am just mad.

He hasn't ever played on the left for us, think he did for Col U.
Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 07:59 - Sep 6 with 919 viewsMullet

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 22:49 - Sep 5 by Simonds92

He hasn't ever played on the left for us, think he did for Col U.

I suspect he’s thinking of Donacien who played on the left for us at Swansea under Hurst for about 30 mins until he got injured and was there for Accy in both spells at times.

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 09:34 - Sep 6 with 845 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Chambers on course for MOTM thus far then on 22:18 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Right back only.

Sure he could do a job on left but doubt he will for us.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024