Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First half thoughts.. 15:52 - Sep 5 with 744 viewsunstableblue

... Lots of positives there

Drinan has shown more attributed than I thought he had in terms of hold up play and running

Ward looks to be very solid and a bit more going forward than I expected; this could be an important signing.

Chambo struggles in the RB role; but overall has put a good shift and it was an excellent header

Our first goal was just excellent and from a Toto super ball

Toto and Wolf are doing well, but depsite being Bristol Rovers being decent in certain areas they are toothless... should have scores due to a Dozzell and perhasp Toto error

I can see why Lambert would be frustrated with The Wolf's longer ball distribution; but he still looks class.

BISHOP IS BACK - he is far more dynamic and aggressive than I can remember

Nolan, Dozzell, Sears and Judge frustrate a little, as they should be owning this game and look a level above. BUT they have produced at times... and when they do we really raise our game. Judge has been the pick. Dozzell some great balls. Nolan is better than some think.

Hope we can get a couple more goals (and Bishop continues to attack and run with the ball) we give Huws a run, Lankester as well as the new striker.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

First half thoughts.. on 16:02 - Sep 5 with 607 viewsclive_baker

Agree with most of that.

Ward is a proper footballer. Very comfortable on the ball, solid as a rock defensively and street wise. A huge step on having him and KVY (when fit) vs. Garbutt and Edwards, who truly were square pegs in the defensive holes.

Not to take anything away from our performance but that's an ominous 45 minutes for Rovers.

I said before and remain hopeful that the break might've benefited the likes of Judge and Bishop to get themselves properly fit. Something of a leveller really.

Nolan is a far better player than he gets credit for. He often looks like he's playing within himself, perhaps looks too fearful of making a mistake. You just want to put a rocket up him because he's a very good footballer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

First half thoughts.. on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 597 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

No idea how good this Bristol Rovers side is but we generally look comfortable in possession.

Judge isn't as nimble as he seems to think he is, needs to try less fancy stuff and just concentrate on keeping the ball and creating.

Defence looks solid, Nsiala in particular. Nolan has played well and looks lively. Drinan should be really pleased with his contribution... doesn't look like a debut and not an easy role to play.

Lambert has got them playing well so far.
First half thoughts.. on 16:05 - Sep 5 with 567 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Early promise. Hopefully we can carry on and get more. Very impressive so far.
First half thoughts.. on 16:07 - Sep 5 with 542 viewsMatt_Netherlands

First half thoughts.. on 16:02 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

Agree with most of that.

Ward is a proper footballer. Very comfortable on the ball, solid as a rock defensively and street wise. A huge step on having him and KVY (when fit) vs. Garbutt and Edwards, who truly were square pegs in the defensive holes.

Not to take anything away from our performance but that's an ominous 45 minutes for Rovers.

I said before and remain hopeful that the break might've benefited the likes of Judge and Bishop to get themselves properly fit. Something of a leveller really.

Nolan is a far better player than he gets credit for. He often looks like he's playing within himself, perhaps looks too fearful of making a mistake. You just want to put a rocket up him because he's a very good footballer.

Agree with the comments on Nolan, think he’s looked quite decent in that first half - putting himself about and getting stuck in a bit more than we’re used to.

Good to see Bishop breaking and running at people.

Who is the chap playing with 22 on his back for us? Looks a solid centre half and a helluva ball forward for the first goal.
First half thoughts.. on 16:19 - Sep 5 with 439 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

First half thoughts.. on 16:07 - Sep 5 by Matt_Netherlands

Agree with the comments on Nolan, think he’s looked quite decent in that first half - putting himself about and getting stuck in a bit more than we’re used to.

Good to see Bishop breaking and running at people.

Who is the chap playing with 22 on his back for us? Looks a solid centre half and a helluva ball forward for the first goal.

Squiggle.
First half thoughts.. on 16:22 - Sep 5 with 402 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blue shorts though. I can't get used to the blue shorts. It's just wrong.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024