Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone doubting Judge 16:28 - Sep 5 with 1326 viewsGarv

Whether he had a poor season or not (he did), absolutely no one in our squad can cross a ball like he's just done to put it on a plate for Drinan. Maybe should have scored but he got good contact and it was a good save.

Judge doing things like that is why he's still here and why he still gets picked. Pass of the match.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone doubting Judge on 16:40 - Sep 5 with 1181 viewsclive_baker

We've got a lot of good players that come in for too much stick on here, and Judge is certainly one of them. There were plenty of sub standard performances from a number of players last season but I think the finger of blame for that should solely be pointed at the manager. Chopping and changing winning sides, postponing matches, tinkering with formations, not addressing problem areas, creating problem areas that needn't exist (e.g. not settled keeper), and persisting with square pegs in round holes. It was a car crash on so many levels and there were too many players not appearing to know what their roles were. Too many very good players looking completely lost and void of confidence for it to be anything but a lack of strategic direction.

I still maintain we've got a very, very good squad for this level. We would p1ss this division with a MM in charge. Hopefully PL has learnt, but time will tell. I suspect he won't be given too much time to demonstrate he has, so he had better hope we get off to a good start.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone doubting Judge on 16:57 - Sep 5 with 1057 viewsDarth_Koont

If Judge had been doing things like that week in week out then he wouldn't have had two iffy seasons.

I think he's been unlucky at times and I don't think he's been happy with his own form, but he's still been a disappointment.

But great news that he's perhaps starting to deliver.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:01 - Sep 5 with 985 viewsChrisd

Anyone doubting Judge on 16:40 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

We've got a lot of good players that come in for too much stick on here, and Judge is certainly one of them. There were plenty of sub standard performances from a number of players last season but I think the finger of blame for that should solely be pointed at the manager. Chopping and changing winning sides, postponing matches, tinkering with formations, not addressing problem areas, creating problem areas that needn't exist (e.g. not settled keeper), and persisting with square pegs in round holes. It was a car crash on so many levels and there were too many players not appearing to know what their roles were. Too many very good players looking completely lost and void of confidence for it to be anything but a lack of strategic direction.

I still maintain we've got a very, very good squad for this level. We would p1ss this division with a MM in charge. Hopefully PL has learnt, but time will tell. I suspect he won't be given too much time to demonstrate he has, so he had better hope we get off to a good start.

Perhaps PL was right and the expectation is too much, which we raised our eyebrows at. The longer we play in empty stadiums this might prove more advantageous for our players and this will allow them to express themselves without the pressure? Encouraging start.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:15 - Sep 5 with 901 viewsWickets

The secret for Midfield players is movement off the ball . Passing midfield players such as we have must have play as a team ,know their role in that team . Today when we had the ball their was always an option always at least one player wanting it . That has not happend for quite some time .
Anyone doubting Judge on 17:22 - Sep 5 with 855 viewsclive_baker

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:01 - Sep 5 by Chrisd

Perhaps PL was right and the expectation is too much, which we raised our eyebrows at. The longer we play in empty stadiums this might prove more advantageous for our players and this will allow them to express themselves without the pressure? Encouraging start.

I definitely think empty grounds will suit us. From a technical perspective I don't think there are many squads at this level with as much talent as ours. Take players like Dozzell, England U20, technically very good but definitely wet behind the ears, and tends to go missing / get a little bullied in big boys football. Behind closed scenes is more akin to a training ground environment, I really do think it'll favour technical ability ahead of brute force, which is an area we don't excel at. It could be especially beneficial for our away form. It's not like we have a particularly aggressive or vocal support either that we'll miss at home.

Couple that with the fact the 6 month break has been a real leveller in terms of fitness. It's so hard for the likes of Bishop, Sears and Judge to play catch up fitness wise, coming back from long lay offs after others have had a full pre season. Especially for the older lads. This break could've been a real leveller for those players.

I really do feel like the next few months could really favour us.

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:22 - Sep 5 with 850 viewsSomethingBlue

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:22 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

I definitely think empty grounds will suit us. From a technical perspective I don't think there are many squads at this level with as much talent as ours. Take players like Dozzell, England U20, technically very good but definitely wet behind the ears, and tends to go missing / get a little bullied in big boys football. Behind closed scenes is more akin to a training ground environment, I really do think it'll favour technical ability ahead of brute force, which is an area we don't excel at. It could be especially beneficial for our away form. It's not like we have a particularly aggressive or vocal support either that we'll miss at home.

Couple that with the fact the 6 month break has been a real leveller in terms of fitness. It's so hard for the likes of Bishop, Sears and Judge to play catch up fitness wise, coming back from long lay offs after others have had a full pre season. Especially for the older lads. This break could've been a real leveller for those players.

I really do feel like the next few months could really favour us.

I think that's a really salient point re empty grounds and have wondered it myself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:31 - Sep 5 with 795 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:22 - Sep 5 by SomethingBlue

I think that's a really salient point re empty grounds and have wondered it myself.

Empty ground will suit us....

What does that say about our fans!

I understand the negativity and last season was unacceptable but it’s gone and we have to move on. We all want the same fundamental thing ie promotion. We have a role to play in that alongside the manager and players.

COYB

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:34 - Sep 5 with 764 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

When fully fit and full of confidence, one of our best. Hopefully now he will deliver. Easily good enough for L1.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:35 - Sep 5 with 756 viewsSomethingBlue

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:31 - Sep 5 by southnorfolkblue

Empty ground will suit us....

What does that say about our fans!

I understand the negativity and last season was unacceptable but it’s gone and we have to move on. We all want the same fundamental thing ie promotion. We have a role to play in that alongside the manager and players.

COYB

I think it's more as CB says — the training-ground style environment that leans towards technical football. Much rather be playing at Bristol Rovers in a fortnight with no fans than in front of a vocal crowd urging them on. Not really a point about our supporters per se.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:39 - Sep 5 with 724 viewsbraveblue

These are professionals. Being rotated should not make them play as poorly as many did last season.

Get over MM for goodness sake. As boring as his tactics.
Anyone doubting Judge on 17:48 - Sep 5 with 662 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:35 - Sep 5 by SomethingBlue

I think it's more as CB says — the training-ground style environment that leans towards technical football. Much rather be playing at Bristol Rovers in a fortnight with no fans than in front of a vocal crowd urging them on. Not really a point about our supporters per se.

That’s fair enough but if the toxic atmosphere on here transfers to the ground it will help no-one

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:51 - Sep 5 with 627 viewsclive_baker

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:39 - Sep 5 by braveblue

These are professionals. Being rotated should not make them play as poorly as many did last season.

Get over MM for goodness sake. As boring as his tactics.

You've clearly never played football if you think heavily rotating a side doesn't adversely impact form. In for a game, out for a game doesn't lend itself to getting into form at all. It's no coincidence the best sides can pretty much be reeled off the tongue. We couldn't even settle on a keeper FFS.

I've never not been 'over' MM, and I still maintain the timing was right for him to move on. He does however represent a lot that our existing manager doesn't.

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:54 - Sep 5 with 596 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Anyone doubting Judge on 17:51 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

You've clearly never played football if you think heavily rotating a side doesn't adversely impact form. In for a game, out for a game doesn't lend itself to getting into form at all. It's no coincidence the best sides can pretty much be reeled off the tongue. We couldn't even settle on a keeper FFS.

I've never not been 'over' MM, and I still maintain the timing was right for him to move on. He does however represent a lot that our existing manager doesn't.

I just said as much in another post. Keep a winning side together. Yes, injuries or genuine rest rotation, but other than that, keep the same side rolling. If I had played today I would be desperate and expect to play Tuesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024