Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No complaints at full time either. 17:04 - Sep 5 with 967 viewsTieDyedIn95

Keep that side and only change for injury and we might stand a good chance this season.

Anyone who doesn't want to be here sell.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

No complaints at full time either. on 17:18 - Sep 5 with 919 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think for Sat yes. Maybe KVY and Norwood to come in. Maybe Downes as well (though only if he's staying/head right).

Got to be changes for Tuesday to prioritise the league over that game. No moaning for that it's important. Chambo got a knock and don't want Bish playing 3 in 7/8 days this early etc. Ward will need managing.

Hopefully some mins for Norwood and Edwards etc.

Something like

Cornell
Donacian Woolf Nsiala Kenlock
Huws Skuse Nolan
Lankaster Drinnan Judge (or Edwards)

Norwood off bench.

Revert to close to today's team for Sat. Would like to see Huws pushing to get in for Sat.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

No complaints at full time either. on 17:24 - Sep 5 with 873 viewsVic

No complaints at full time either. on 17:18 - Sep 5 by Terry_Nutkins

I think for Sat yes. Maybe KVY and Norwood to come in. Maybe Downes as well (though only if he's staying/head right).

Got to be changes for Tuesday to prioritise the league over that game. No moaning for that it's important. Chambo got a knock and don't want Bish playing 3 in 7/8 days this early etc. Ward will need managing.

Hopefully some mins for Norwood and Edwards etc.

Something like

Cornell
Donacian Woolf Nsiala Kenlock
Huws Skuse Nolan
Lankaster Drinnan Judge (or Edwards)

Norwood off bench.

Revert to close to today's team for Sat. Would like to see Huws pushing to get in for Sat.

Don’t rotate for the sake of rotating - that was the. Is take last year. They should all be able to play 4 or 5 quick games before resting any. I’d like to see the nucleus of the side gel together, with an obvious 1st eleven known to everyone. Then change it for injury and essential rest for the oldest players.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

No complaints at full time either. on 17:29 - Sep 5 with 845 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

No complaints at full time either. on 17:24 - Sep 5 by Vic

Don’t rotate for the sake of rotating - that was the. Is take last year. They should all be able to play 4 or 5 quick games before resting any. I’d like to see the nucleus of the side gel together, with an obvious 1st eleven known to everyone. Then change it for injury and essential rest for the oldest players.

Exactly. Change for changes sake is what did for us last season. The league is the most important thing this season, so need a virtually settled side. Play um again, best chance of getting off to a flying league campaign.
No complaints at full time either. on 17:32 - Sep 5 with 826 viewsTieDyedIn95

No complaints at full time either. on 17:24 - Sep 5 by Vic

I remember a 5 year period where Richard Wright, Matt Holland and co would play every game and we finished high in the league every season while reaching cup quarter and semi finals.

This whole rest cup games for the league is a myth that has been perpetrated and been disproved as ineffective here for the better part of a decade now. Robson, Lyall and Burley all had league success and cup runs with small squads and all achieved more here than anyone bar Sir Alf. Even Keane managed a decent cup run!

Great win today.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

No complaints at full time either. on 17:37 - Sep 5 with 801 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No complaints at full time either. on 17:29 - Sep 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

Exactly. Change for changes sake is what did for us last season. The league is the most important thing this season, so need a virtually settled side. Play um again, best chance of getting off to a flying league campaign.

Sorry but absolutely not. After 5 months and this is first full competitive game that is suicide. It's a game 3 days later against an u21 team in a poor trophy.

If anyone thinks we just keep same team for a condensed 60 games season INCLUDING all the cups that is mental. The shirt is kept for the league games this season. That is the right thing to do.

A sure fire way NOT to be able to keep that same team is to give them another 90 or close on Tuesday. Won't happen and we must not get the moaning back on Tuesday. There will be some changes even if not as many as I suggested. It's important too for Some coming back from niggles.

COYB!!!

No complaints at full time either. on 17:39 - Sep 5 with 781 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No complaints at full time either. on 17:32 - Sep 5 by TieDyedIn95

I remember a 5 year period where Richard Wright, Matt Holland and co would play every game and we finished high in the league every season while reaching cup quarter and semi finals.

This whole rest cup games for the league is a myth that has been perpetrated and been disproved as ineffective here for the better part of a decade now. Robson, Lyall and Burley all had league success and cup runs with small squads and all achieved more here than anyone bar Sir Alf. Even Keane managed a decent cup run!

Great win today.

We didn't have to play a silly trophy as well as league and FA Cup then though (and from the early rounds). League needs settled team. League and FA cup can be stronger teams. We needs to get others ready for when needed in trophy. Dobs and El Mizuni etc need the opportunity to WIN a starting spot.

No complaints at full time either. on 17:47 - Sep 5 with 729 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

No complaints at full time either. on 17:37 - Sep 5 by Terry_Nutkins

Sorry but absolutely not. After 5 months and this is first full competitive game that is suicide. It's a game 3 days later against an u21 team in a poor trophy.

If anyone thinks we just keep same team for a condensed 60 games season INCLUDING all the cups that is mental. The shirt is kept for the league games this season. That is the right thing to do.

A sure fire way NOT to be able to keep that same team is to give them another 90 or close on Tuesday. Won't happen and we must not get the moaning back on Tuesday. There will be some changes even if not as many as I suggested. It's important too for Some coming back from niggles.

COYB!!!

These are professional footballers. The next game is Tuesday. They should be fine. We have stronger players to come in, but for now, a winning side is all that matters. If I played today, I would be desperate to play again Tuesday.
No complaints at full time either. on 17:50 - Sep 5 with 710 viewsVic

No complaints at full time either. on 17:37 - Sep 5 by Terry_Nutkins

COYB!!!

I agree in principle - but would like to see the team settle before unforced changes are made. Of course, there are some players who I think we’d consider 1st eleven players and they should come in when fit - KVY, Jackson and hopefully Downes, and possibly Norwood. But Personally I wouldn’t change it just because it’s a cup game. That can come later. Let’s get an identified team and style embedded to start with.

Login to get fewer ads

No complaints at full time either. on 17:57 - Sep 5 with 680 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No complaints at full time either. on 17:29 - Sep 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

Whilst I understand your point regarding gelling the nucleus of team, I don’t see any significant benefit with the likes of Chambers/Woolfenden/Ward/Bishop being risked for Arsenal U21 in the leading.com trophy.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

No complaints at full time either. on 18:00 - Sep 5 with 669 viewsVic

No complaints at full time either. on 17:57 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I understand your point regarding gelling the nucleus of team, I don’t see any significant benefit with the likes of Chambers/Woolfenden/Ward/Bishop being risked for Arsenal U21 in the leading.com trophy.

Get them used to playing with each other - give them the chance to really settle together in a real game. The risk of injury thing is overblown in my opinion.

No complaints at full time either. on 18:08 - Sep 5 with 638 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

No complaints at full time either. on 18:00 - Sep 5 by Vic

Get them used to playing with each other - give them the chance to really settle together in a real game. The risk of injury thing is overblown in my opinion.

They’ve had 6 months off, to put them through 3 games in 8 days when you can play 2 in 8 is a bit of a one sided debate in my opinion, the freshness of the first XI players has to be paramount heading in the next weeks game v Wigan.

Wigan haven’t got a midweek game, they will be fresh, we need to make sure we are as fresh as can be. Having such a big squad is handy for players who are not in the first 11-15 picture at the moment to get minutes

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

No complaints at full time either. on 18:13 - Sep 5 with 611 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No complaints at full time either. on 17:47 - Sep 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

These are professional footballers. The next game is Tuesday. They should be fine. We have stronger players to come in, but for now, a winning side is all that matters. If I played today, I would be desperate to play again Tuesday.

They are professional footballers not super humans. Levels would drop on Sun when it counts. You can't go with that little football for half a year and then maintain levels for that many games in such short time. Especially for no good reason. What you can do, very easily this early is pick up strains and muscle injuries.

NO. We need to do the right things this year which we didn't do last year. Cut the rotation yes but not 100%.Thats really silly.

No complaints at full time either. on 18:14 - Sep 5 with 606 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No complaints at full time either. on 18:08 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

They’ve had 6 months off, to put them through 3 games in 8 days when you can play 2 in 8 is a bit of a one sided debate in my opinion, the freshness of the first XI players has to be paramount heading in the next weeks game v Wigan.

Wigan haven’t got a midweek game, they will be fresh, we need to make sure we are as fresh as can be. Having such a big squad is handy for players who are not in the first 11-15 picture at the moment to get minutes

100%

No complaints at full time either. on 18:18 - Sep 5 with 592 viewsTerry_Nutkins

No complaints at full time either. on 18:00 - Sep 5 by Vic

By the way your reasons are good and I agree with building that continuity. But the risks here are way too high at this stage. Later in season there will be times we can do it when fitness is more beaded in. And I would say also when it's 1
3 league games back to back.

We do have players with a history of injuries. Whilst the shirts will need to be won for league we still have a big squad and we can still take advantage of it. Just not every week like last year. That bwckfired. Totally get where you are coming from. Just not yet and not for a Les important game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024