Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call 17:49 - Sep 5 with 2118 viewsJ2BLUE

each other out on a weekly basis?

One good result by the team or performance by the individual doesn't prove everything is great or that player is brilliant. One bad result or performance doesn't prove everything negative is true or the player doesn't belong at the club.

It's going to be a long season if people keep using the last game to 'prove' they were right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:50 - Sep 5 with 2094 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

It won't happen, but good call. 1 game doesn't make a season and all that.
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:54 - Sep 5 with 2071 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:50 - Sep 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

So if we lose against Arsenal you won't post anything negative?
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:54 - Sep 5 with 2071 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:50 - Sep 5 by IpswichBoyBlue

It's happening now

Lambert/the club
Dozzell
Judge
Sears

By all means enjoy the good times, we absolutely should but as you say one game settles nothing whether it was a great performance or a disaster from the club/an individual.

Truly impaired.

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:55 - Sep 5 with 2056 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Yeah, I don’t think is likely to happen.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 17:56]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:56 - Sep 5 with 2048 viewsclive_baker

You've been on here long enough to know how it works.

Lose and 14 players and 6 staff members should be sacked on Monday morning, win and we're unstoppable & destined for European domination.

It's odd. I think people need to chill out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:57 - Sep 5 with 2034 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:54 - Sep 5 by King_ding_a_lin_g

So if we lose against Arsenal you won't post anything negative?

If we play the same side and win against a bunch of kids, no I won't. I am mostly a positive person, especially when it comes to Ipswich. Constructive criticism is healthy for us and the team, but points scoring helps nobody.
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:58 - Sep 5 with 2020 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:56 - Sep 5 by clive_baker

You've been on here long enough to know how it works.

Lose and 14 players and 6 staff members should be sacked on Monday morning, win and we're unstoppable & destined for European domination.

It's odd. I think people need to chill out.

And people need to enjoy the good times. We won and scored three goals with none conceded. Lets enjoy it without the usual lot saying it's just the league cup or it's only league one.

Well done Town. Anyone but Norwich in round two please.

Truly impaired.

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:58 - Sep 5 with 2017 viewsKeaneish

Couldn’t agree more. I’m hoping the anti-PL stance can remain objective too. He’s rightly on the chopping block but some of the scrutiny recently has been bizarre.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:59 - Sep 5 with 2008 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:54 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

It's happening now

Lambert/the club
Dozzell
Judge
Sears

By all means enjoy the good times, we absolutely should but as you say one game settles nothing whether it was a great performance or a disaster from the club/an individual.

I agree. However, the fact we played that well today does make you question some of the stuff being said over the past couple of weeks by people who are supposed to have inside information though? It has to.

Today's performance didn't appear to be of a club anywhere near turmoil?
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:01 - Sep 5 with 1978 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:59 - Sep 5 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I agree. However, the fact we played that well today does make you question some of the stuff being said over the past couple of weeks by people who are supposed to have inside information though? It has to.

Today's performance didn't appear to be of a club anywhere near turmoil?

I agree but as someone said the other day posters like Joe have a lot of credit in the bank from past cases of getting stuff right. Hopefully Lambert's comments and Woolf's inclusion means there have been some sort of clear the air talks.

Good signs though I agree.

Truly impaired.

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:15 - Sep 5 with 1917 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm not sure how many Outers and Inners there really are.

Beyond the daily wake up and post "Lambert Out" fruit loops and the phantom Lambert In brigade (where are they?), it seems most people are aware he needs to do much better this season.

So I think for the vast majority, Lambert's continued presence as manager is entirely contingent on results rather than any fixed positions worth a damn.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:27 - Sep 5 with 1845 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Well said.

It seems to have been exacerbated by sooo many people pushing their agenda by claiming to have inside sources.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:28 - Sep 5 with 1841 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:15 - Sep 5 by Darth_Koont

Beyond the daily wake up and post "Lambert Out" fruit loops and the phantom Lambert In brigade (where are they?), it seems most people are aware he needs to do much better this season.

So I think for the vast majority, Lambert's continued presence as manager is entirely contingent on results rather than any fixed positions worth a damn.

Agreed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:31 - Sep 5 with 1831 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:15 - Sep 5 by Darth_Koont

Very well put. I think the vast majority acknowledge there has to be improvement from players and staff from last year.

I didn’t want Lambert to leave, that doesn’t mean I don’t think he has to do better than last year.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:37 - Sep 5 with 1805 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Great post

Obviously an encouraging start - and the hope is certainly that some good early results can build momentum and push aside whatever troubles there have been within the squad. My worry remains that a bad result or two will see the wheels come flying off - much like last year

As it stands we just need to take it for what it is, a good result and performance and hope we can keep it up in the next one

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:45 - Sep 5 with 1779 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert out.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:55 - Sep 5 with 1749 viewsDarth_Koont

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:45 - Sep 5 by BlueBadger

Lambert out.

QEDick

Pronouns: He/Him

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 18:59 - Sep 5 with 1727 viewscarlisleaway

I agree, time to get off ME, PL and players backs.......support an£ back the team win or lose, fans on here must be the biggest moaners anywhere
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 19:01 - Sep 5 with 1718 viewsGlasgowBlue

Using the last game to win an argument would be an improvement. Last year people were fighting over the first and second 45 minutes in order to support their argument.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 19:06 - Sep 5 with 1688 viewsDennyx4

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 17:58 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

And people need to enjoy the good times. We won and scored three goals with none conceded. Lets enjoy it without the usual lot saying it's just the league cup or it's only league one.

Well done Town. Anyone but Norwich in round two please.

Norwich went out to Luton today - so can't get them in round 2.
Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 19:18 - Sep 5 with 1654 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This deserves about 30 uppies. So important J2. It's what I was trying to ask for in my previous can we all give in 10 games without meltdowns...I was destined to fail there.

Your point is totally valid. Good or bad we just need to not get carried away. Can still have constructive critiscm etc.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Can we please not have a season where the two sides of each argument call on 21:51 - Sep 8 with 1380 viewsSitfcB

The damn social media generation. Hate it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024