Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what should we do for Tuesday? 19:43 - Sep 5 with 2046 viewspointofblue

Change the full start XI with the plan to revert to today's starting line up for Wigan? Or give this team another run out to gain further understanding?

I'd probably prefer to see eleven changes; especially as we have injury issues and this is only the second game of the season. Consistency would be nice but in the league - cup matches an play second fiddle.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 19:44 - Sep 5 with 2040 viewsitfcjoe

Go backwards from Sunday for me - pick an XI for Wigan and don’t start any of them on Tuesday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

agreed on 19:59 - Sep 5 with 1975 viewsunstableblue

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 19:44 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

Go backwards from Sunday for me - pick an XI for Wigan and don’t start any of them on Tuesday

We have a large squad and tuesday is for the fringe players

So the likes of Cornell, Ndaba, el mizouni, dobra et al

Lambert based on that performance needs to keep the majority of that team... and bring back those who are fit and our very best, and that’s downes, KVY, Norwood and Jackson.

For me the following have cemented a place for Sunday:

Holy
– toto/Chambo Wolf Ward
–––– Bishop–––
––––Judge––Sears

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 20:01 - Sep 5 with 1964 viewsTheBoyBlue

Pick our weakest possible team so that we can get knocked out of that joke of a competition at the earliest opportunity.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 20:07 - Sep 5 with 1948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not fussed about that competition, but I'd keep the same XI, just to get them drilled and used to the system.

Get some early consistency going for a change!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

agreed on 20:14 - Sep 5 with 1927 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

agreed on 19:59 - Sep 5 by unstableblue

We have a large squad and tuesday is for the fringe players

So the likes of Cornell, Ndaba, el mizouni, dobra et al

Lambert based on that performance needs to keep the majority of that team... and bring back those who are fit and our very best, and that’s downes, KVY, Norwood and Jackson.

For me the following have cemented a place for Sunday:

Holy
– toto/Chambo Wolf Ward
–––– Bishop–––
––––Judge––Sears

I'd stick with todays winning side for next Sunday even IF there were midweek changes.

As a manager it would be a very early contradiction to say the shirt is yours to lose, and then drop players who played well and won.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

agreed on 20:22 - Sep 5 with 1912 viewspointofblue

agreed on 20:14 - Sep 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd stick with todays winning side for next Sunday even IF there were midweek changes.

As a manager it would be a very early contradiction to say the shirt is yours to lose, and then drop players who played well and won.

There must be a temptation to at least bring Vincent-Young and Downes back, if fit and mentally ready respectively. Nolan was our quietest midfielder today so a replacement wouldn't be completely unfair; choosing to drop a defender would be more difficult as they all put a shift in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

agreed on 20:24 - Sep 5 with 1903 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

agreed on 20:22 - Sep 5 by pointofblue

There must be a temptation to at least bring Vincent-Young and Downes back, if fit and mentally ready respectively. Nolan was our quietest midfielder today so a replacement wouldn't be completely unfair; choosing to drop a defender would be more difficult as they all put a shift in.

Downes would be hard to leave out to be fair. But the situation is of his making.

KVY could probably do with being eased back into the team slowly.

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 20:35 - Sep 5 with 1870 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd change all but Holy and Drinan. Holy was rotated enough last season. Keep him in.

Put in Nbada, Kenlock, El Miz, Lankester. Keep Holy, Dozzell and Drinan. Add Skuse, Wilson, Donacien (if fit) and...er...Hawkins?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 20:35 - Sep 5 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd change all but Holy, Dozzell and Drinan. Holy was rotated enough last season. Keep him in.

Put in Nbada, Kenlock, El Miz, Lankester. Keep Holy, Dozzell and Drinan. Add Skuse, Wilson, Donacien (if fit) and...er...Hawkins?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 21:01 - Sep 5 with 1832 viewsBluearmy71

Sitters graciously posted the link to this thread in a thread I wrote on the same subject!

I'm in full agreement!
So what should we do for Tuesday? on 21:44 - Sep 5 with 1788 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Agree entirely on this. I see no benefit taking an unnecessary risk against Arsenal U21s in the leasing.com trophy. Also important to note Wigan have a free week.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 21:57 - Sep 5 with 1745 viewsPinewoodblue

Worth remembering we now have a friendly at Lowestoft the same evening, any senior players in need of match time can play in that.

We also have another cup game three days after Wigan game.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:05 - Sep 5 with 1722 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 21:57 - Sep 5 by Pinewoodblue

Worth remembering we now have a friendly at Lowestoft the same evening, any senior players in need of match time can play in that.

We also have another cup game three days after Wigan game.

Lowestoft will be 23’s.

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:07 - Sep 5 with 1720 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Yes. The other way to look at it is that Tuesday is a reserve fixture in all but name - a meaningless competition against a youth team.

The only players playing on Tuesday who might play Sunday will be ones needing a game - if Jackson/Norwood/Vincent Young/Edwards are fit enough for a run out they should play (although I doubt they would be fit enough for Sunday). Downes and the subs from today should play too.

Sunday I would consider replacing Dozzell with Skuse or Downes depending on availability but aside from that the team should be unchanged from today. Drinan has earned a start ahead of a less-than fully fit Norwood, Jackson or Hawkins.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:11 - Sep 5 with 1712 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I would make quite a few changes just with the context of where this game fits in terms of importance and how early in season after a bug lay off.

I would kee p a bit if structure though. Woolf and Nsiala to build that understanding and wont be knackered. Nolan is a fit boy so keep him and and probably Drinnan as well as he is fit and came off earlier in the match. Possibky Judge for 60.

5-6 changes makes sense to me.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:43 - Sep 5 with 1671 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Cornell
Janoi Ndaba Toto Kenlock
Huws Doz Mcgavin
Edwards Drinan Dobra

Don’t know if Dobra is back but a nice blended team would work. Keep Drinan in to give him the confidence and hopefully he will bag a few too and then he’ll be ready for Sunday.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:46 - Sep 5 with 1654 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:43 - Sep 5 by JammyDodgerrr

Cornell
Janoi Ndaba Toto Kenlock
Huws Doz Mcgavin
Edwards Drinan Dobra

Don’t know if Dobra is back but a nice blended team would work. Keep Drinan in to give him the confidence and hopefully he will bag a few too and then he’ll be ready for Sunday.

For me:
Cornell
Edwards - Wilson - Ndaba - Kenlock
Nolan - Skuse - Huws
Lankester - Hawkins - El Mizouni

That is of course dependant on Skuse fitness, but McGavin for Skuse straight swap otherwise.

Wigan:
Holy
Chambers - Nsiala - Woolfenden - Ward
Bishop - Downes - Dozzell
Judge - Drinan - Sears

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:49 - Sep 5 with 1644 viewsPinewoodblue

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:46 - Sep 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

For me:
Cornell
Edwards - Wilson - Ndaba - Kenlock
Nolan - Skuse - Huws
Lankester - Hawkins - El Mizouni

That is of course dependant on Skuse fitness, but McGavin for Skuse straight swap otherwise.

Wigan:
Holy
Chambers - Nsiala - Woolfenden - Ward
Bishop - Downes - Dozzell
Judge - Drinan - Sears

Think the majority of those who sat on the subs bench today need to start on Tuesday,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:52 - Sep 5 with 1633 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:49 - Sep 5 by Pinewoodblue

Think the majority of those who sat on the subs bench today need to start on Tuesday,

Indeed, good opportunity for minutes for some to continue to get up to speed; Hawkins, Lankester, Wilson, Huws etc

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 08:09 - Sep 6 with 1417 viewsFPL_Tractor

Play the same formation but change most of the players. Gives others a chance to learn their roles in a ‘proper’ game. Given Downes will surely play v Wigan here’s the XI I’d go for injuries permitting-

Cornell
Donacien Wilson Ndaba Kenlock
McGavin
Nolan Huws
Lankester Edwards
Hawkins

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 09:49 - Sep 6 with 1308 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d get El-Mizouri in for Bishop ( noted he was the only squad player who didn’t play at all Folami and McGiven played against Braintree ). Look to get maybe Lankaster and Ndaba in as well otherwise I’d leave it well alone.
So what should we do for Tuesday? on 11:48 - Sep 6 with 1213 viewsWickets

Not sure Chambers is going to be fit for a week or two ! unless it was cramp ?
So what should we do for Tuesday? on 11:51 - Sep 6 with 1204 viewsITFC_96

So what should we do for Tuesday? on 22:43 - Sep 5 by JammyDodgerrr

Cornell
Janoi Ndaba Toto Kenlock
Huws Doz Mcgavin
Edwards Drinan Dobra

Dobra is away until at least Wednesday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024