Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! 16:23 - Sep 6 with 2584 viewsunstableblue

Ipswich 3 Bristol Rovers 0

Luton 3 Ipswich 1

Exeter City 4 Ipswich 2 on penalties (1-1 after ET)

Luton 0 Ipswich 2
Palace 2 Ipswich 1

Ipswich 0 Stevenage 1

Ipswich 2 Stevenage 1
Doncaster 1 Ipswich 4
Man U 3 Ipswich 0

Crawley 1 Ipswich 0

Stevenage 2 Ipswich 0

Ipswich 3 Bristol Rovers 1
Carlisle 2 Ipswich 1

Ipswich 1 Northampton 2

Exeter 2 Ipswich 3
Crewe 0 Ipswich 1
Millwall 1 Ipswich 2
Ipswich 3 Northampton 1
Ipswich 1 West Brom 0
Ipswich 1 Arsenal 0
Arsenal 3 Ipswich 0

We seem to get Stevenage a lot !

[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 16:31]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 16:27 - Sep 6 with 2381 viewsFtnfwest

Donny away was 4-1 wasn’t it? I went with ftnfwest jnr while we were on holiday near Harrogate and just into extra time we though5 we’d go as didn’t want to get back to wife and daughter too late and missed 3 goals!
Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 16:28 - Sep 6 with 2390 viewsunstableblue

Last time I remember PR full; still some of the crowd energy left over from the 2000 glory... wish some of the newer fans could experience PR truly rocking

Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 16:32 - Sep 6 with 2347 viewsunstableblue

Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 16:27 - Sep 6 by Ftnfwest

Donny away was 4-1 wasn’t it? I went with ftnfwest jnr while we were on holiday near Harrogate and just into extra time we though5 we’d go as didn’t want to get back to wife and daughter too late and missed 3 goals!

You’re right! Have amended

I remember going to Donnybaway which saw a masterclass from a certain young striker from Stanway

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 16:48 - Sep 6 with 2313 viewsunstableblue

Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 16:28 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

Last time I remember PR full; still some of the crowd energy left over from the 2000 glory... wish some of the newer fans could experience PR truly rocking

... what a poor performance it was, despite the opposition strength, we had very little shape and plan and looked poor technically

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:00 - Sep 6 with 2279 viewsBlueBadger

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 16:48 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

... what a poor performance it was, despite the opposition strength, we had very little shape and plan and looked poor technically

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It was Paul Jewel on 17:06 - Sep 6 with 2268 viewsunstableblue

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:00 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

LOL

Behind the scenes and Parland in charge. What was your LOL referring to?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:21]

It was Paul Jewel on 17:07 - Sep 6 with 2268 viewsBlueBadger

It was Paul Jewel on 17:06 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

Behind the scenes and Parland in charge. What was your LOL referring to?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:21]

Pretty much all of your previous post from 'it was pretty poor' all the way through to the obligatory misuse of the term 'technical'.

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:18 - Sep 6 with 2256 viewsSuperblue95

Do you ever feel that maybe you overuse the term ‘technical’ slightly? Especially given it’s a largely nothing term when talking about football.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

'Technical' Explained (Again!) on 17:38 - Sep 6 with 2223 viewsunstableblue

It was Paul Jewel on 17:07 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Pretty much all of your previous post from 'it was pretty poor' all the way through to the obligatory misuse of the term 'technical'.

LOL

Oh God here we go again.. LOL

A team or individual player has three attributes, and its three only:

Technical, mental and physical

Period.

You need all 3 to truly succeed.

When I mean technical its all about tactics, system of play and how you coach players to exploit space.

You can be fit, you can be enthused you can run through walls.. but without the technical attributes and systems coached into a team you're typically ineffective especially in the modern game.

Its about looking at the game from a technical perspective: shape, space, movement, individual player control/passing/movement - its about breaking between the lines, it about how the teams are set-up.

Let me quote our own owner ""In my first years as an owner, I believed a more physical, direct approach was the way to move forward. Football has changed though. Clubs in the Championship and definitely in the Premier League are playing a much more TECHNICAL game now" Jan 2020

What do you think he was meaning BlueBadger?

That night against Arsenal all those moons ago it was all hit and hope, huff and puff, we didn't show tactics and technical attributes - well thats my fuzzey memory of the night

Coventry last season were a technical team, in how they moved, and moved the ball. The same for Oxford. Wycombe were physical, direct, and they had success, but I don't think its sustainable - and would not suit the Ipswich fan base.

To finish let me use Bielsa at Leeds - the ultimate Technical manager - here he sums up Leeds success "Marcelo Bielsa is of the view that his Leeds United team showed character and a different technical level"

There was an excellent documentary on him they showed him taping our a full 11 a side pitch into roughly 24 squares, he coached his players technically in how to consider these spaces, each playing understanding when to move, stay, exploit the spaces, building systems and plays around them.

Most soccer drills and coaching combines elements of technical and tactical development of players; many coaching manuals outline the outcomes/success of any training against these two factors - I combine these two terms when I use 'technical', as it is the pure and more correct adjective - technical: "relating to the knowledge and methods of a particular job" BUT - if you'd like me to start saying 'technical/tactical' instead, perhaps that,might finally win you over?!?

So thats what I mean - can I be any clearer - LOL
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:02]

See below (n/t) on 17:39 - Sep 6 with 2212 viewsunstableblue

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:18 - Sep 6 by Superblue95

Do you ever feel that maybe you overuse the term ‘technical’ slightly? Especially given it’s a largely nothing term when talking about football.

PS - if its a nothing term on 17:47 - Sep 6 with 2194 viewsunstableblue

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:18 - Sep 6 by Superblue95

.. why do Football teams from Brentford to Barcelona have a Technical Director then?

Oh and why do the FA's own coaching levels focus on Technical/Tactical so much:

"Build on your technical coaching knowledge with winning team leadership"
"
Why is technical and tactical development important?"

Really weird if its a "largely nothing term when talking about football"

LOL

LOL

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:20 - Sep 6 with 2116 viewsBlueBadger

PS - if its a nothing term on 17:47 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

.. why do Football teams from Brentford to Barcelona have a Technical Director then?

"

LOL

LOL

Trouble is, it's a term which covers a whole gamut of stuff and ultimately means very little, particularly if you're applying it in the context of individual games, this context YOU tend to apply in is 'I didn't enjoy the football very much'.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-a-technical-or-sporting-director-at-a-football-c

Hell, there's three different definitions right here..
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:24]

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:31 - Sep 6 with 2094 viewsunstableblue

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:20 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, it's a term which covers a whole gamut of stuff and ultimately means very little, particularly if you're applying it in the context of individual games, this context YOU tend to apply in is 'I didn't enjoy the football very much'.

https://www.quora.com/What-does-a-technical-or-sporting-director-at-a-football-c

Hell, there's three different definitions right here..
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:24]

Poor poor poor... must try harder

And you’re presenting definitions for a technical/sporting director from a quora site where it’s people giving their view

Talking about a teams technical/tactical set-up and ability is completely valid

I could send you my football coaching course notes if you’d like?

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:37 - Sep 6 with 2084 viewsBlueBadger

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:31 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

Poor poor poor... must try harder

And you’re presenting definitions for a technical/sporting director from a quora site where it’s people giving their view

Talking about a teams technical/tactical set-up and ability is completely valid

I could send you my football coaching course notes if you’d like?

One of those people giving his view is someone who actually does the job...

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:48 - Sep 6 with 2064 viewsSuperblue95

PS - if its a nothing term on 17:47 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

"

LOL

LOL

Ah you’re one of the Brentford obsessed loons. That explains everything.

Have a good evening

Our League Cup record - a decade since the last run and Priskin goal!! on 18:52 - Sep 6 with 2062 viewspatrickswell

The YouTube highlights of the Manchester United tie is the worst video on the whole of that site. 3 minutes long, no commentary and basically comprised of the 3 United goals and replays of each goal from 3 different angles. That was it. Whoever it was at the EFL media team putting the video together didn’t give a stuff!
Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 19:00 - Sep 6 with 2038 viewsSomethingBlue

One hell of a night though and that's all that really matters.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PS - if its a nothing term on 19:02 - Sep 6 with 2033 viewsunstableblue

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:37 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

One of those people giving his view is someone who actually does the job...

What the feck are you going on about?

I coach at school and local team level, hopelessly obviously, I’d never start slagging off other people’s opinions or terms they use just for the sake of belittling someone’s opinions.

Technical/tactical whatever, I think I’ve been crystal clear what I mean about it on numerous occasions and it is clearly a term used in football and football coaching.

When Marcus Evans used it January I didn’t see s stream of posters going on about it, they knew perfectly well what he meant.

Go and troll someone else you nutter, or scrawling Lambert Out over and over again in the usual boorish manner.

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 19:04 - Sep 6 with 2029 viewsunstableblue

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 19:00 - Sep 6 by SomethingBlue

One hell of a night though and that's all that really matters.

It was bloody brilliant; our group could only get tickets up in the gods in the Churchman's Upper and it was even rocking then

Re-read the match report and it sounds like we have them a better game than I remember

PS - if its a nothing term on 19:06 - Sep 6 with 2022 viewsunstableblue

PS - if its a nothing term on 18:48 - Sep 6 by Superblue95

Ah you’re one of the Brentford obsessed loons. That explains everything.

Have a good evening

Shall I rephrase your post - “I’ve realised technical is completely valid so must put in a quick dig to save face and run away and hide”

PS - if its a nothing term on 19:10 - Sep 6 with 2014 viewsSuperblue95

PS - if its a nothing term on 19:06 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

Shall I rephrase your post - “I’ve realised technical is completely valid so must put in a quick dig to save face and run away and hide”

If that helps you sleep at night.

You’ve started to lose your mind on this thread (something you do with regularity). Maybe you’ve had enough internet for one day.

'Technical' Explained (Again!) on 19:11 - Sep 6 with 2007 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

'Technical' Explained (Again!) on 17:38 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

Oh God here we go again.. LOL

A team or individual player has three attributes, and its three only:

Technical, mental and physical

Period.

You need all 3 to truly succeed.

When I mean technical its all about tactics, system of play and how you coach players to exploit space.

You can be fit, you can be enthused you can run through walls.. but without the technical attributes and systems coached into a team you're typically ineffective especially in the modern game.

Its about looking at the game from a technical perspective: shape, space, movement, individual player control/passing/movement - its about breaking between the lines, it about how the teams are set-up.

Let me quote our own owner ""In my first years as an owner, I believed a more physical, direct approach was the way to move forward. Football has changed though. Clubs in the Championship and definitely in the Premier League are playing a much more TECHNICAL game now" Jan 2020

What do you think he was meaning BlueBadger?

That night against Arsenal all those moons ago it was all hit and hope, huff and puff, we didn't show tactics and technical attributes - well thats my fuzzey memory of the night

Coventry last season were a technical team, in how they moved, and moved the ball. The same for Oxford. Wycombe were physical, direct, and they had success, but I don't think its sustainable - and would not suit the Ipswich fan base.

To finish let me use Bielsa at Leeds - the ultimate Technical manager - here he sums up Leeds success "Marcelo Bielsa is of the view that his Leeds United team showed character and a different technical level"

There was an excellent documentary on him they showed him taping our a full 11 a side pitch into roughly 24 squares, he coached his players technically in how to consider these spaces, each playing understanding when to move, stay, exploit the spaces, building systems and plays around them.

Most soccer drills and coaching combines elements of technical and tactical development of players; many coaching manuals outline the outcomes/success of any training against these two factors - I combine these two terms when I use 'technical', as it is the pure and more correct adjective - technical: "relating to the knowledge and methods of a particular job" BUT - if you'd like me to start saying 'technical/tactical' instead, perhaps that,might finally win you over?!?

So thats what I mean - can I be any clearer - LOL
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 18:02]

Which of those 3 do you think best describes our current approach? As we’re certainly not a physical side anymore and have clearly been lacking on the mental side for some time

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 15:37 - Sep 24 with 1457 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Not so.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again: that night Colin Healy made Cesc Fabragas look like Colin Healy.
Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:43 - Sep 24 with 1371 viewsSwailsey

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 15:37 - Sep 24 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Not so.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again: that night Colin Healy made Cesc Fabragas look like Colin Healy.

DropCliffsNotBombs, is this true!?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 18:40 - Sep 24 with 1354 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Who was manager then? I remember thinking.. on 17:43 - Sep 24 by Swailsey

DropCliffsNotBombs, is this true!?

Sadly not - the comment was a cracker and I remember it well but your search for the author continues...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024