Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow 18:49 - Sep 6 with 2180 viewsMullet

I'll give them their dues, after calling them out this week and complaining several times they've refunded me today.

No apologies, explanation or courtesy again but I can live with that.

Anyone else seeking a refund for the audio pass etc I'd encourage you to get on it now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

iFollow on 19:15 - Sep 6 with 2119 viewsSuperCoops

Have to say, the new EFL iFollow app worked for me and was a better viewing experience than last season with no pixelating or app crashes that I frequently suffered.

My only criticism would be the audio commentary from Radio Suffolk was a little ahead of the video stream.
iFollow on 19:18 - Sep 6 with 2106 viewsNthsuffolkblue

iFollow on 19:15 - Sep 6 by SuperCoops

Have to say, the new EFL iFollow app worked for me and was a better viewing experience than last season with no pixelating or app crashes that I frequently suffered.

My only criticism would be the audio commentary from Radio Suffolk was a little ahead of the video stream.

It didn't work on a Smart TV which is a little annoying but fine on a laptop. Yes, the commentary did seem slightly behind the pictures but then I wondered if it took a moment for Brenner to summarise what had just happened because it only seemed very noticeable at times.

The other problem I had was that SSN put things up before they were on the stream! Could see Sears had scored/the final whistle had gone before it happened on the screen if I had looked at SSN! Minor things, though, really.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

iFollow on 19:28 - Sep 6 with 2079 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

iFollow on 19:18 - Sep 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

It didn't work on a Smart TV which is a little annoying but fine on a laptop. Yes, the commentary did seem slightly behind the pictures but then I wondered if it took a moment for Brenner to summarise what had just happened because it only seemed very noticeable at times.

The other problem I had was that SSN put things up before they were on the stream! Could see Sears had scored/the final whistle had gone before it happened on the screen if I had looked at SSN! Minor things, though, really.

HDMI cable from laptop to TV.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

iFollow on 19:38 - Sep 6 with 2060 viewsMullet

Yeah my issue was them taking my money for the audio without consulting me and when I queried it due to streams being available, not answering emails etc.

Got through to a live chat with someone who was clearly being barraged with angry people and was rather rude/unable to read.

It was a marked improvement from the time they emailed me saying one thing, then his boss joined the email chain and told me to ignore this as they wouldn't be honouring what his employee said. They really are a bunch of cowboys when it comes to the cutomer service side.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

iFollow on 19:41 - Sep 6 with 2055 viewsNthsuffolkblue

iFollow on 19:28 - Sep 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

HDMI cable from laptop to TV.

I know there are ways I can get it onto the Smart TV. However, I would like to be able to use the Smart TV to watch it instead without that hassle, though.

Maybe it is far too much to ask. I don't understand why they can't get it to work on a Smart TV to be honest.

iFollow on 20:57 - Sep 6 with 1941 viewssouthnorfolkblue

iFollow on 19:41 - Sep 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

I know there are ways I can get it onto the Smart TV. However, I would like to be able to use the Smart TV to watch it instead without that hassle, though.

Maybe it is far too much to ask. I don't understand why they can't get it to work on a Smart TV to be honest.

It’s dead simple and will take you less than a minute. If I can do it anybody can! It is definitely worth doing

Poll: Our final position

iFollow on 21:01 - Sep 6 with 1925 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I couldn’t see how to access the game via the app. I logged in via the iFollow link on the itfc webpage

iFollow on 21:11 - Sep 6 with 1908 viewsSuperCoops

iFollow on 21:01 - Sep 6 by southnorfolkblue

I couldn’t see how to access the game via the app. I logged in via the iFollow link on the itfc webpage

Which app were you using? I tried the "Ipswich Town" app I've always used and was prompted to download the "EFL iFollow" app. Logged in, it automatically recognised me as a Town fan and watched the game.

Buying the game I did via the club website, though.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow on 21:11 - Sep 6 with 1909 viewsNthsuffolkblue

iFollow on 20:57 - Sep 6 by southnorfolkblue

It’s dead simple and will take you less than a minute. If I can do it anybody can! It is definitely worth doing

Less than a minute?

Will that leave me free to use my laptop to do other things on while the match is on the TV?

If it really is that quick and easy to do it and achieve this then fair enough but I suspect it will involve setting up extended desk tops and all that and will take (me anyway) rather longer than one minute! I am also not too keen on the children tripping over the HDMI cable (which I don't happen to have so I will need to get) across the floor.

iFollow on 07:55 - Sep 7 with 1693 viewsSamWhiteUK

iFollow on 21:11 - Sep 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Less than a minute?

Will that leave me free to use my laptop to do other things on while the match is on the TV?

If it really is that quick and easy to do it and achieve this then fair enough but I suspect it will involve setting up extended desk tops and all that and will take (me anyway) rather longer than one minute! I am also not too keen on the children tripping over the HDMI cable (which I don't happen to have so I will need to get) across the floor.

Might take a bit longer the first time, but the PC will remember your preferences for the next time. Plug it in and get it set up whenever you have some spare time, then you'll be ready to go!

Yes, you can use the laptop for whatever and have the stream on the TV
iFollow on 08:37 - Sep 7 with 1637 viewspatrickswell

iFollow on 21:11 - Sep 6 by SuperCoops

Which app were you using? I tried the "Ipswich Town" app I've always used and was prompted to download the "EFL iFollow" app. Logged in, it automatically recognised me as a Town fan and watched the game.

That’s the same process I followed. Was a bit worried when downloading the EFL app given that all the user reviews were 1 star, but in the event, apart from a few times when the Internet dropped in my house (reconnections were pretty instantaneous) I watched it without any trouble at all on my arthritic iPad.
iFollow on 13:13 - Sep 7 with 1482 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Less than a minute?

I wasn’t using the laptop other than to transfer the picture to my TV so it was literally a case of plugging in the two ends of the HDMI cable. Can’t help with using the laptop at the same time - that’s above my head..,

iFollow on 13:15 - Sep 7 with 1476 viewssouthnorfolkblue

iFollow on 21:11 - Sep 6 by SuperCoops

I downloaded the EFL app as directed and logged in, but couldn’t find a link to watch the game even though it clearly knew that I was an ITFC fan as it brought up our fixtures. I ended up going back to the Club website

iFollow on 13:42 - Sep 7 with 1447 viewsRyorry

All posts in thread considered, iFollow isn't exactly coming acrss as a good, reliable purchase here ... or is that an unfair assessment?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

iFollow on 22:03 - Sep 7 with 1362 viewsNthsuffolkblue

iFollow on 13:42 - Sep 7 by Ryorry

All posts in thread considered, iFollow isn't exactly coming acrss as a good, reliable purchase here ... or is that an unfair assessment?

If you are happy watching it using your laptop it is fine.

If you want to watch it directly from a Smart TV that won't work.

Clearly if you desire to transfer the picture from a laptop onto a TV with an HDMI connection that is fairly straightforward provided you have the correct cable and can easily access the port. However, I may as well watch it on a reasonable size laptop screen as have it wired in. Someone said it can be Chrome cast but I am not sure it can. It is something I have never done at all.

Once you have it going, it works fine. The quality is good but it is a little behind so beware information on what is about to happen on the screen may come through if you have other more prompt sources of it (e.g. SSN or maybe via here - I didn't come on here aside from to comment on how wonderful Nsiala's pass was for the first goal and then at half time and full time - because the laptop was being used for coverage).

iFollow on 00:10 - Sep 8 with 1315 viewsBonchosBicycle

I play it on a Chrome browser on my laptop and use Chromecast to send the browser tab to my TV. I can then continue to work on the laptop while the game's on the telly. I had to buy a Google Chromecast dongle to make it work but your TV may have Chromecast built in. The dongles are relatively cheap anyway (20 odd quid). Better than watching on the phone or laptop and really not terribly complicated to get working.
iFollow on 08:27 - Sep 8 with 1228 viewsflimflam

Less than a minute?

Yes. In Display Setting which you can get to by right clicking on the desktop you need to set it to extend these displays under the multiply display drop down.
Then drag the ifollow window to your TV and you will be able to use the laptop screen for other stuff.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024