Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? 12:50 - Sep 7 with 2064 viewsRyorry

Worst news from garage just now - beloved 20 yr-old Landie chassis's a gonner :(

Some enthusiast will want to buy it, but I need a replacement, not a LR Defender.

Anyone driven 4 x 4 with really good old-fashioned box-type seat? I have back problems & am tall, drive with lumbar cushion in small of back which means I sit very upright & many cars' headroom just isn't enough.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 12:58 - Sep 7 with 2022 viewsCoco

toyota land cruiser? bulletproof.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:01 - Sep 7 with 2014 viewsleitrimblue

Swb Land cruiser probably do the job
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:05 - Sep 7 with 2017 viewstrueblue1970

I’m 6ft 7 and have always had L200s till this year no use for it now so treated myself to discovery sport plenty of room in both
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:14 - Sep 7 with 1993 viewsRyorry

Thanks all, will look at those, maybe find neighbours who'd be willing to let me try sitting in theirs 👍

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:16 - Sep 7 with 1985 viewshampstead_blue

Sad news about the Landie.
I'm a huge fan.

Am going to offer another recommendation for the Toyota.

however.....

A Disco 4 could be an option. We like them at work and I'm also a fan.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:25 - Sep 7 with 1960 viewsRyorry

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 13:16 - Sep 7 by hampstead_blue

Sad news about the Landie.
I'm a huge fan.

Am going to offer another recommendation for the Toyota.

however.....

A Disco 4 could be an option. We like them at work and I'm also a fan.

Open to all reasonable offers!

Had a silly one for £2K about 18-24 months ago from a stranger on a forecourt! which I could probably fairly easily have bumped up to 4.5. Hindsight eh ...

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 14:49 - Sep 7 with 1888 viewsRyorry

Update - garage brought back my poor ol heap & suggested Freelander as good seats, good size & affordable - Discos & Landcruisers are apparently well outside my budget! (also maybe too large, don't want a lwb). Suitable one at reputable dealer in town unfortunately just gone.

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 1884 viewsBloots

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 14:49 - Sep 7 by Ryorry

Update - garage brought back my poor ol heap & suggested Freelander as good seats, good size & affordable - Discos & Landcruisers are apparently well outside my budget! (also maybe too large, don't want a lwb). Suitable one at reputable dealer in town unfortunately just gone.

....it had as much pace as a 50 year old Cole Skuse.

Whether that's important or not only you know.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 15:09 - Sep 7 with 1848 viewshomer_123

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 14:54 - Sep 7 by Bloots

You don't buy a Freelander for pace.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 15:14 - Sep 7 with 1838 viewsRyorry

Sadly, my tearaway days are over :(

Anyway, it'd probably feel like Kylian Mbappe compared with my 20-yr old Landie.

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 1823 viewsSwansea_Blue

If I remember correctly, Ryorry’s about as injury free as a 50 year old Teddy Bishop. So they should get on together just fine .

I always wanted one of the early Land Cruisers - one of those squared off ones from about 25 yrs ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 15:28 - Sep 7 with 1812 viewsRyorry

The wife had a Freelander for a while.... on 15:19 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

If I remember correctly, Ryorry’s about as injury free as a 50 year old Teddy Bishop. So they should get on together just fine .

I always wanted one of the early Land Cruisers - one of those squared off ones from about 25 yrs ago.

Nah, Teddy'll probably still be playing footie in his 70s, just like me

*OK, walking football. Tho I have been out for months with a dodgy hamstring ...

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 16:23 - Sep 7 with 1771 viewshampstead_blue

I know you said no Landies but.....

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2009-land-rover-defender-130-double-cab

Am looking for something bonkers and one of these is on the long list.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 16:40 - Sep 7 with 1754 viewsRyorry

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 16:23 - Sep 7 by hampstead_blue

I know you said no Landies but.....

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2009-land-rover-defender-130-double-cab

Am looking for something bonkers and one of these is on the long list.

Kind of you but I don't think my poor ol dog would appreciate that cab on the back! And don't want a lwb.

My last 4 vehicles over 25 years were all Defenders, and in the end every single one had to go to scrap because of rusting chassis, despite waxoyling, replacing cross-members etc - it really was a design fault. Unless they've changed the metal/alloy/structural design in more recent models, I'd swerve them.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 16:40]

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 17:14 - Sep 7 with 1723 viewsEdwardStone

I know someone selling one of these if you fancy something a bit funky/retro

https://www.russianmilitarytrucks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8196
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 17:15 - Sep 7 with 1712 viewsfabian_illness

My old man has had 4 or 5 Honda CRV’s.
He rates them highly.
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 19:24 - Sep 7 with 1646 viewseireblue

Mini Cooper All4 with a sunroof?
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 22:00 - Sep 7 with 1562 viewsDurovigutum

Volvo XC60 or 90, depending on budget. The most comfortable seat going in a car, with the best range of ergonomic adjustment possible, is found in a Volvo. Whether it is "true" 4x4 enough is another question.

I'm 6'4 but my height is in my legs, so often steering wheels are too far away and to adjust I also find the headroom vanishes (especially in a Toyota).
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 22:18 - Sep 7 with 1549 viewsSwansea_Blue

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 19:24 - Sep 7 by eireblue

Mini Cooper All4 with a sunroof?

I like it - thinking outside of the box. Just as Ryorry’s head would be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 00:46 - Sep 8 with 1500 viewsRyorry

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 22:18 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

I like it - thinking outside of the box. Just as Ryorry’s head would be.

Did check out the Mini-Coops, along with most of the others, so thanks all for the suggestions, much appreciated 👍

But get this - took mutt for walk in the eve, set off in opp direction to usual as wanted to call in on neighbours, thought their car might be a Freelander & would let me test the seats. They were out, but as I was about to cross the drive they share with other neighbours, the other neighbour turns into it & stops to ask how I was. Told him about the Landie situation, and he says "oh, we were just about to put our Freelander up for sale, want to come & have a look?"!! So I did, driver's seat nice & firm, will be fine with a rolled up towel or something in the angle of seat/backrest.

It's 2009 and done 103K (but that might not matter so much as I'm doing very little mileage atm) and is therefore relatively cheap. He offered to take it down to the local garage (same one I use) for them to inspect, so am going to go with that.

And - he'd be interested in buying the Landie off me to do up (he's a p/t farmer) - as would the garage - how neat is that! Seems that for once, I was in the right place at the right time!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 0:53]

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 01:17 - Sep 8 with 1483 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 00:46 - Sep 8 by Ryorry

Did check out the Mini-Coops, along with most of the others, so thanks all for the suggestions, much appreciated 👍

But get this - took mutt for walk in the eve, set off in opp direction to usual as wanted to call in on neighbours, thought their car might be a Freelander & would let me test the seats. They were out, but as I was about to cross the drive they share with other neighbours, the other neighbour turns into it & stops to ask how I was. Told him about the Landie situation, and he says "oh, we were just about to put our Freelander up for sale, want to come & have a look?"!! So I did, driver's seat nice & firm, will be fine with a rolled up towel or something in the angle of seat/backrest.

It's 2009 and done 103K (but that might not matter so much as I'm doing very little mileage atm) and is therefore relatively cheap. He offered to take it down to the local garage (same one I use) for them to inspect, so am going to go with that.

And - he'd be interested in buying the Landie off me to do up (he's a p/t farmer) - as would the garage - how neat is that! Seems that for once, I was in the right place at the right time!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 0:53]

That's like a sitcom episode where all the loose ends had to be wrapped up in one final scene!

Great result!
Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 1271 viewsRyorry

Recommendations for 2nd-hand 4x4s with squarish seats & plenty head-room pls? on 01:17 - Sep 8 by ArnoldMoorhen

That's like a sitcom episode where all the loose ends had to be wrapped up in one final scene!

Great result!

It was - have just done the biz! (money, swap & documentation - with neighbour, who got the landie as he offered more for it).

One thing I noticed straightaway - no nooks and crannies on the Freelander to put 'stuff', all smoothed fascia - so now I have 2 full jumbo storage boxes resident on the back seats, all totally essential of course - maps, rug, emergency basics, tools etc etc. 🤣 No room in boot, which will be the dog's domain. Landie had behind the seats, underneath dashboard space the width of the vehicle, a cubby box etc etc.

A relief to have ABS (see 'best driver' thread), leccy windows and air con tho, all for the first time after 4 landrover defenders in succession over the past 25 years!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 20:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024