Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldest poster 17:17 - Sep 7 with 40024 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not in terms of age, but in terms of who has been on here the longest.

unstableblue posted recently about being onhere for 24 years, about the same for me, but it just seems most on here now are new (ish).

Any more of the old guard out there?

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 17:19 - Sep 7 with 6638 viewsJ2BLUE

21 years

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Me, innit (n/t) on 17:21 - Sep 7 with 6621 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Oldest poster on 17:22 - Sep 7 with 6613 viewsgiant_stow

Easily me - I outdate Phillipe even.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 17:22]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oldest poster on 17:23 - Sep 7 with 6602 viewsBLUEBEAT

No idea

But I have taken part in 1,342 votes

I wonder how many involved cheese?

Poll: W or W

Oldest poster on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 6584 viewsleitrimblue

When I was first on here we used to just scratch ogham symbols on pieces of Rock an throw um at each other.
Oldest poster on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 6568 viewsDubtractor

I think I've been on here close to 20 years, but couldn't give you a year with certainty.

Definitely seen 2 or 3 different versions of the forum anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Oldest poster on 17:26 - Sep 7 with 6566 viewsArgyle_blue

Over 20 years for me too. I reckon I joined in 1998.
Oldest poster on 17:28 - Sep 7 with 6559 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 17:26 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

I think I've been on here close to 20 years, but couldn't give you a year with certainty.

Definitely seen 2 or 3 different versions of the forum anyway.

Pretty similar to me. i can't remember when first posting, but I know you just had to give yourself a username when posting anything - and you could be any name you liked to do so, before you had to register with an email address and a single chosen username (unless you were blueas of course).

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Oldest poster on 17:28 - Sep 7 with 6552 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 17:23 - Sep 7 by BLUEBEAT

No idea

But I have taken part in 1,342 votes

I wonder how many involved cheese?

Oldest poster on 17:31 - Sep 7 with 6536 viewsCokeIsKey

Dunno, heard Phill's been here for quite a while.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Oldest poster on 17:33 - Sep 7 with 6523 viewsSomethingBlue

Since the day after John Wark's testimonial in 1996.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Oldest poster on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 6511 viewsjeera

Joined '97 I believe.

Some people still view the site on the same platform so it's said.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oldest poster on 17:35 - Sep 7 with 6497 viewsjeera

Oldest poster on 17:19 - Sep 7 by J2BLUE

21 years

You'd have been like 3 or something.

Mullet hadn't long been on the earth back then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oldest poster on 17:36 - Sep 7 with 6504 viewshoppy

Having just read this on the 'About Us' tab... I can see I've been here longer than 20 years.. as I certainly recall when the partnering with Rivals came about, and i'd been here a fair while before that...

In the summer of 1996 Gavin Wilding got involved and became the technical editor of the website, as Steve moved on to amongst others the EADT. The Message Board followed quickly and the site evolved and grew as the years passed.

In the summer of the year 2000, as Town fans eagerly awaited the club's first season back in the Premiership, TWTD went into partnership with Rivals Europe as supplier of their Ipswich Town content.

During the close season ahead of 2001/02 with Town back in Europe, Those Were The Days briefly became These Are The Days.

By now known as TWTD rather than by its original full name, the site left Rivals on the eve of the 2007/08 season to join the shortlived Club Fanzine network before becoming independent once again in the summer of 2009.

Oldest poster on 17:36 - Sep 7 with 6495 viewsbluefunk

22 years for me, back when it was pretty much a free for all, no joining, use any username you liked and you’d always get a good discussion on a Sunday morning after the game TWTD indeed
Oldest poster on 17:38 - Sep 7 with 6476 viewsFtnfwest

20 almost to the day I think
Oldest poster on 17:39 - Sep 7 with 6484 viewsMenton

I’ve been a regular since 1997 I think. The days of Johnny Uksterboy, Newmie, HaverhillBlue, Ixy, Whuggs, Heathlander etc. Halcyon days!

Oh, and Squatting Neville, obviously.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Oldest poster on 17:40 - Sep 7 with 6456 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest poster on 17:35 - Sep 7 by jeera

You'd have been like 3 or something.

Mullet hadn't long been on the earth back then.

12. I was 33 a fortnight ago.

Thanks for remembering

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oldest poster on 17:50 - Sep 7 with 6410 viewsDubtractor

Of course, the main achievement of us 'old timers' is the ability to contribute to the board over an extended period without making such a scene that we need to announce our retirement from the forum.

Imagine that, getting so worked up about something on here that you need to leave the place.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Oldest poster on 17:52 - Sep 7 with 6393 viewsDubtractor

Oldest poster on 17:36 - Sep 7 by hoppy

Having just read this on the 'About Us' tab... I can see I've been here longer than 20 years.. as I certainly recall when the partnering with Rivals came about, and i'd been here a fair while before that...

In the summer of 1996 Gavin Wilding got involved and became the technical editor of the website, as Steve moved on to amongst others the EADT. The Message Board followed quickly and the site evolved and grew as the years passed.

In the summer of the year 2000, as Town fans eagerly awaited the club's first season back in the Premiership, TWTD went into partnership with Rivals Europe as supplier of their Ipswich Town content.

During the close season ahead of 2001/02 with Town back in Europe, Those Were The Days briefly became These Are The Days.

By now known as TWTD rather than by its original full name, the site left Rivals on the eve of the 2007/08 season to join the shortlived Club Fanzine network before becoming independent once again in the summer of 2009.

I had been on here for a decent while when it was These Are The Days, so must be at least 20 on here then.

Oldest poster on 17:58 - Sep 7 with 6368 viewsgainsboroughblue

I only began to have Internet access during the 2000/01 season so I should imagine around then. I had user names of 'Woodsfriesrice' which funnily enough, I think we have a poster by that name now, 'Sharpened at both ends ' and something else I cannot remember.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Oldest poster on 18:03 - Sep 7 with 6352 viewsFreddies_Ears

Oldest poster on 17:52 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

I had been on here for a decent while when it was These Are The Days, so must be at least 20 on here then.

Me too... I guess I was first on here around 1998/99. Only ever had 3 names...
Oldest poster on 18:04 - Sep 7 with 6347 viewsSteve_M

Oldest poster on 17:36 - Sep 7 by hoppy

If people weren’t using the Mark E Owen board with a URL that has to be typed in then they are newbies.

I go back to sometime in 95/96 given I got in the Internet in my first year at uni.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oldest poster on 18:07 - Sep 7 with 6322 viewsclive_baker

Factual, Shirley? He joined in 1690. You should've seen the 70 pager about the the Battle of the Boyne. Properly kicked off.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Oldest poster on 18:09 - Sep 7 with 6306 viewsOldsmoker

I joined on a Tuesday.
I'm pretty sure because it was raining and if my memory serves me right it always rains on Tuesdays.
Definitely Tuesday.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024