Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders 14:01 - Sep 9 with 5660 viewsartsbossbeard

RKD says a big thank you for the donation to his efforts for a refugee charity, Newcy.

Should anyone else wish to find out more and donate, please click on the link below.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/100k-september

RKD has also written a blog which is well worth a read too:

https://awhitemanlearning.tumblr.com/

Cheers all.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 14:19 - Sep 9 with 3742 viewsEwan_Oozami

Very worthy cause!

Kudos to RKD

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 15:34 - Sep 9 with 3655 viewsNewcyBlue

RKD is an utterly brilliant man.

Lucan has done something very, very, very right as a parent.

I’ve only skim read that blog, as we are departing from Ghana right now.

Having been homeless, I became in awe of RKD and his homeless charity challenge.

I didn’t think I could respect the man any more than I do, but he’s done it. I’ve forwarded the blog on to MrsN to read in her hospital bed. As mixed race Caribbean she has had her fair share of racial abuse.

It’s also something that weighs heavy on my mind for our soon to arrive twins.

Give RKD my best please ABB.

I hope all is well with you as well.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 15:41 - Sep 9 with 3624 viewsKeno

Give regards to both RKD and Lucs

they are missed

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:38 - Sep 9 with 3502 viewsRKD

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 15:34 - Sep 9 by NewcyBlue

RKD is an utterly brilliant man.

Lucan has done something very, very, very right as a parent.

I’ve only skim read that blog, as we are departing from Ghana right now.

Having been homeless, I became in awe of RKD and his homeless charity challenge.

I didn’t think I could respect the man any more than I do, but he’s done it. I’ve forwarded the blog on to MrsN to read in her hospital bed. As mixed race Caribbean she has had her fair share of racial abuse.

It’s also something that weighs heavy on my mind for our soon to arrive twins.

Give RKD my best please ABB.

I hope all is well with you as well.

How can I read that and not say thanks personally? Time to swallow some pride and return I think.

I really appreciate your words NB, although I am far from perfect and have had my moments!

Since I left, I still pop on the board most days and have laughed at some of the escapades that you have all been up to.

Once again TWTD, you have truly humbled me. I haven't posted in here for about 18 months and the fact that so many have you donated is really quite something.

RKD

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:42 - Sep 9 with 3479 viewsKeno

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:38 - Sep 9 by RKD

How can I read that and not say thanks personally? Time to swallow some pride and return I think.

I really appreciate your words NB, although I am far from perfect and have had my moments!

Since I left, I still pop on the board most days and have laughed at some of the escapades that you have all been up to.

Once again TWTD, you have truly humbled me. I haven't posted in here for about 18 months and the fact that so many have you donated is really quite something.

RKD

welcome back

you have been missed

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:46 - Sep 9 with 3467 viewsjeera

RKD

So why have you not posted this on here before now?

You know you'll get support. Good for you - once again.

I will contribute something over the next few days, as will others if Phil will get a sticky up.

Hope you're keeping well.

Edit: Is unbelievablue involved too?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:48]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:53 - Sep 9 with 3452 viewsDanTheMan

Gonna keep this bumped whilst it's not stickied.

Hope it all goes well RKD, and the blog is a great read.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 19:05 - Sep 9 with 3431 viewsNewcyBlue

RKD

Glad to see you back. If I had been home I may have driven down just for a run for the cause.

Instead I will do one on the treadmill.

Keep us updated with your runs, 100k is about 3.33km a day for 30 days. Good luck with it, enjoy the journey.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 19:09 - Sep 9 with 3421 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

RKD

My memory is a bit sketchy but I think that donating towards your sleep out was what got me started on here....so the board has you to thank for that too!
Will be reading the blog this evening.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:10 - Sep 9 with 3336 viewsKeno

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 19:09 - Sep 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

My memory is a bit sketchy but I think that donating towards your sleep out was what got me started on here....so the board has you to thank for that too!

Oh B hell RKD just look at what you did!!

what did we do to you to deserve this???

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:11 - Sep 9 with 3335 viewssyntaxerror

RKD

Superb blog sir :)
Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:27 - Sep 9 with 3302 viewsvapour_trail

RKD

Great work RKD

peace and love x

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:57 - Sep 9 with 3271 viewsRKD

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 18:46 - Sep 9 by jeera

So why have you not posted this on here before now?

You know you'll get support. Good for you - once again.

I will contribute something over the next few days, as will others if Phil will get a sticky up.

Hope you're keeping well.

Edit: Is unbelievablue involved too?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 18:48]

I thought about it when I started it, but it felt disingenuous as I hadn't posted in here for so long. To be honest, it gives me an excuse to get back on the board as I have missed the community feel, and feels nice to be back!

Thanks a lot - hope you are well my friend, feel free to slide back into those DMs any time big man!

EDIT - unbelieveablue is indeed involved too.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 21:10]

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:59 - Sep 9 with 3262 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

RKD

Good to see you back RKD

The forum has missed your calming nature and balanced views

Edit - I’ll contribute to the good cause in the coming days
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 21:01]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:00 - Sep 9 with 3254 viewsGlasgowBlue

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 20:57 - Sep 9 by RKD

I thought about it when I started it, but it felt disingenuous as I hadn't posted in here for so long. To be honest, it gives me an excuse to get back on the board as I have missed the community feel, and feels nice to be back!

Thanks a lot - hope you are well my friend, feel free to slide back into those DMs any time big man!

EDIT - unbelieveablue is indeed involved too.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2020 21:10]

Hi mate. Refugee action is a fantastic charity. Sadly my wife’s father died earlier today so I’m all over the place but I promise to donate in a few days when things have calmed down.

Once again, we’ll done. Say hello to your old man from me.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:04 - Sep 9 with 3238 viewsvapour_trail

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:00 - Sep 9 by GlasgowBlue

Hi mate. Refugee action is a fantastic charity. Sadly my wife’s father died earlier today so I’m all over the place but I promise to donate in a few days when things have calmed down.

Sorry to hear that, Glasgow. Best wishes to you all.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:05 - Sep 9 with 3240 viewsEwan_Oozami

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:00 - Sep 9 by GlasgowBlue

Very sorry to hear that GB, best wishes to you all.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:07 - Sep 9 with 3235 viewsRKD

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 19:05 - Sep 9 by NewcyBlue

Glad to see you back. If I had been home I may have driven down just for a run for the cause.

Instead I will do one on the treadmill.

Keep us updated with your runs, 100k is about 3.33km a day for 30 days. Good luck with it, enjoy the journey.

That would have been awesome, let me know when you are next back anyway!

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:08 - Sep 9 with 3230 viewsRKD

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 19:09 - Sep 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Haha - that's pretty awesome to hear!

Thanks mate.

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:11 - Sep 9 with 3224 viewsRKD

So sorry to hear that, best wishes.

Thanks a lot, will do.

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:31 - Sep 9 with 3170 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:08 - Sep 9 by RKD

Haha - that's pretty awesome to hear!

Thanks mate.

I think that is pretty much how everybody feels about my arrival here.....well except Keno maybe.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:36 - Sep 9 with 3161 viewsDanTheMan

Really sorry to hear that Glassers.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 22:18 - Sep 9 with 3104 viewsKeno

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 21:31 - Sep 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think that is pretty much how everybody feels about my arrival here.....well except Keno maybe.

Pah!

You know I love you really Banksie

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 09:06 - Sep 10 with 2915 viewsnoggin

Well done RKD. Donated.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 09:11 - Sep 10 with 2902 viewsRKD

Newcy and other Guardian reading lefty do gooders on 09:06 - Sep 10 by noggin

Well done RKD. Donated.

Thanks mate

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024