Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace 11:26 - Sep 10 with 4853 viewsMaySixth

I thought he improved over last season and I think he could be a real asset for us this season

His pace can really hurt defences in this league

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:30 - Sep 10 with 4828 viewsWallingford_Boy

His pace creates gaps for others, as he pulls defenders all over the place.

With the ball at his feet, or on the end of a cross.... I am not so convinced.

Think I'd rather Drinnan from what I've seen this season of him.

And if we could get £2m + for Jacko, then I'd say thats decent business.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:31 - Sep 10 with 4813 viewsGuthrum

Freddie Sears?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:37 - Sep 10 with 4794 viewsRadlett_blue

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:30 - Sep 10 by Wallingford_Boy

If Lambert is going to stick to his 4-3-3 system this season, there's only room for one central striker. Jackson isn't suited to that role, but could be very effective wide right.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:43 - Sep 10 with 4772 viewsFixed_It

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:31 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Freddie Sears?

'Real' pace. Freddie is no slouch, but not really got pace to burn. And his injury is likely to have slowed him to some extent (maybe).

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:03 - Sep 10 with 4723 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:30 - Sep 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Totally agree. I like Jackson but he's and in round the back with his pace rather than someone who dribbles and beats a man. He's not great with the ball though he's very decent running into one.

Best suited in a 2. Can play wide of striker and do a job.

He needs to get fit first but certainly won't start every game if Norwood gets fully fit IMO.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:15 - Sep 10 with 4698 viewsmanagement

Kayden Jackson record against the top 10 last season was played 16 games, 1 Goal scored, 1 Assist and 1 Sending off.

Not holding my hat on this player turning the club around.
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:31 - Sep 10 with 4653 viewsWallingford_Boy

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 11:37 - Sep 10 by Radlett_blue

If Lambert is going to stick to his 4-3-3 system this season, there's only room for one central striker. Jackson isn't suited to that role, but could be very effective wide right.

Yes he'd fit in better there, but just don't really rate him that highly.

I can remember watching him at Wycombe last season. His movement away from the ball is great, his movement near to the ball is not so good and his movement when on the ball is poor.

IF there is an option to cash in, I'd take it.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:49 - Sep 10 with 4594 viewsIllinoisblue

What happened to the supposed bid from Bournemouth? That seems to have disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 13:20 - Sep 10 with 4525 viewsWallingford_Boy

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:49 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

What happened to the supposed bid from Bournemouth? That seems to have disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

Didn't Taylor say it was nonsense?

IF there really was a bid of £2m, I'd have thought the club would have accepted that, seems a very good price in the current market.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 4478 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:15 - Sep 10 by management

Kayden Jackson record against the top 10 last season was played 16 games, 1 Goal scored, 1 Assist and 1 Sending off.

That probably reflects our record as a team last season.

Imagine the damage he couldve caused for a Top 10 team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 13:49 - Sep 10 with 4468 viewsPhilTWTD

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 13:20 - Sep 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Didn't Taylor say it was nonsense?

IF there really was a bid of £2m, I'd have thought the club would have accepted that, seems a very good price in the current market.

There was a bid but it was £1 million. Whether they'll come back remains to be seen, however, it was suggested to me they probably wouldn't and are looking elsewhere. They saw him as a squad player rather than a starter, hence not being willing to push the boat out too far for him.
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 13:49 - Sep 10 with 4470 viewsNazemariner

Kayden Jackson is the most dangerous striker at our club. There is a reason that Bournemouth have been eyeing him up as opposed to any of our other strikers.
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 14:11 - Sep 10 with 4430 viewsDarth_Koont

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:15 - Sep 10 by management

Harsh though. We were pretty poor as a team against the top 10 last season.

Jackson plays a part of course but we rarely seemed to get a grip on the games against better organised opposition.

Pronouns: He/Him

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 14:37 - Sep 10 with 4389 viewsdavblue

TBF we as a team didn't do anything against the top 10 last year.
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 14:47 - Sep 10 with 4365 viewsIpswichKnight

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 12:49 - Sep 10 by Illinoisblue

Sounded like we told that we had a price and it there valuation was nowhere near ours and both parties moved on. I get the impression that some clubs think we need to sell quickly or something as none have come close to our valuations ( Dobra, Downes and now Jackson all getting attention from PL and ex PL teams yet none of those clubs have come close to actually getting our players ).
Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 21:08 - Sep 10 with 4138 viewsArnieM

KVY has pace !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 09:12 - Sep 11 with 3999 viewsjayessess

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 14:47 - Sep 10 by IpswichKnight

Sounded like we told that we had a price and it there valuation was nowhere near ours and both parties moved on. I get the impression that some clubs think we need to sell quickly or something as none have come close to our valuations ( Dobra, Downes and now Jackson all getting attention from PL and ex PL teams yet none of those clubs have come close to actually getting our players ).

Bit of a weird one that, isn't it? Palace and Bournemouth offering a fraction of our asking price for players, when surely they must be reasonably aware that there's very little we can actually do with the money.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 09:44 - Sep 11 with 3975 viewsnodge_blue

I think Jackson is a decent striker. He can play wide in the 3 as well. Pace is good and he is a reasonable finisher.

I also agree with some of the other comments below. I don't think he will ever make premiership level. But right now thats not a concern.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Kayden Jackson is the only player we have with real pace on 10:43 - Sep 11 with 3933 viewsjayessess

It's really weird that one of the better off teams in the division above is chasing one of our players and so many would be happy to see him leave.

I don't think his hold up play and first touch are anywhere near as bad as often seems to be the consensus on here, not these days anyway. He's not Daryl Murphy and you can't just knock the ball forward aimlessly and expect him to retain it for you, but none of our strikers are. If we can get midfielders up in support and into attacking areas then I think he'll be perfectly fine in 4-3-3. If we can't do that then we're in for a bad season anyway.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024