Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the cusp of a new season 19:10 - Sep 10 with 315 viewsmuccletonjoe

A time for predictions, a time for renewed Hope and , after 6 long months , a time of eager anticipation.

Maybe those sentiments apply in varying degrees to Ipswich Town. Yet Paul Lambert leads us into another season with a determined formation decision and , presumably a settled modus operandum for the rigours of a concertinared league one campaign.
The hope is, those constant line up changes , not to mention formation re- thinks are banished to the pre covid lockdown and we will grow into the 433 and have the players to utilise it.

The anticipation to a large extent lays with the younger members of the squad, in the absence of any headline signings. If the likes of Lankester and Drinnan can fulfill long held potential and steer injury free, both could be stars of Lamberts chosen tactics.

My prediction is the last of this pre season muse. And , being purely an opinion, is not expressed to pour scorn upon our prospects, yet I do not , nor ever have believed that 433 is a workable formation for the squad we have. Reason being, lack of strength in the middle of the park to dominate the play , and should we lose Flynn Downes, we really have no ball winner to supply a front 3 who are ( in the case of Norwood and Jackson at least) not well suited to this style of play, in my opinion.

My own prediction is that we will do best, playing 352 and my team would be; ( when all fit ) Holy, Woolfenden, Nsiala , Ndaba , Kvy, Huws , Bishop , Dozzell , Nydam , Lankester , Drinnan.
The manager would be anyone but Lambert.
Hope our luck changes soon, and we some how make this the season when things change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024