Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson is an interesting one 12:24 - Sep 11 with 726 viewsBluefish

He is an asset in demand and of value and I do really believe he good do well and grow his value but I am not too fussedabout him going. He doesn't fit our system and I feel he needs you to build a team around him, it needs to be set up to keep feeding him and not expecting a lot back. He improved last year but he is still quite raw and lacks a bit of nouse. I will also be pleased to never see him as a one up top while we lump the ball at him ever again.

Cue lots of people that think stats determine a players ability and overall impact on the team

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:26 - Sep 11 with 714 viewsKieran_Knows

I think if Lambert is really going to stop p*ssing about this season and stick with the formation he has done so far, then unfortunately he will be surplus to requirements and I imagine if we got an offer somewhat close to what we paid, he'll be off (and I'd be amazed if he wasn't pushing for a move to Bournemouth as well).

We will need to replace him however, possibly a Prem youngster on loan?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:41 - Sep 11 with 652 viewsIpswichKnight

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:26 - Sep 11 by Kieran_Knows

I think if Lambert is really going to stop p*ssing about this season and stick with the formation he has done so far, then unfortunately he will be surplus to requirements and I imagine if we got an offer somewhat close to what we paid, he'll be off (and I'd be amazed if he wasn't pushing for a move to Bournemouth as well).

As soon as someone starts brandishing 2M+ at ME he will take notice and start to negotiate. I can't see Jackson being a starter at Championship club ( he will now of course go on to start and score 25 goals etc.... ) but he will make a proper handful as a sub coming on with 20 minutes to go to run at tiring defences.

As you say he just doesn't fit in with our structure and we will need some proper pace up front or we will become very plodding again.
Jackson is an interesting one on 12:52 - Sep 11 with 625 viewsGarv

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:26 - Sep 11 by Kieran_Knows

I can imagine the intention will be to play 4-3-3 and win each game and be successful, but the reality is that won't always work (this expectation that we should walk this league will again, I fear, come to bite some fans on the backside) and we'll need to go two up front from time to time. If that happens then Jackson will probably prove some worth like he did last season. Of course he's got Hawkins to contend with now and potentially Drinan too.

'Surplus to requirements' I don't think is accurate, 'not getting the role and game time he expected and wants' more so. I hope he stays because he's of a decent enough standard in our league when he plays, but could be an expensive decision not to sell.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:53 - Sep 11 with 623 viewshomer_123

Jackson is an interesting one on 12:52 - Sep 11 by Garv

I can imagine the intention will be to play 4-3-3 and win each game and be successful, but the reality is that won't always work (this expectation that we should walk this league will again, I fear, come to bite some fans on the backside) and we'll need to go two up front from time to time. If that happens then Jackson will probably prove some worth like he did last season. Of course he's got Hawkins to contend with now and potentially Drinan too.

'Surplus to requirements' I don't think is accurate, 'not getting the role and game time he expected and wants' more so. I hope he stays because he's of a decent enough standard in our league when he plays, but could be an expensive decision not to sell.

It's odd that his ability to work the channels and deliver a good ball in the box and his pace aren't seen as assets in a 4-3-3.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jackson is an interesting one on 13:03 - Sep 11 with 591 viewsAce_High1

£500k + add ons.
Jackson is an interesting one on 13:20 - Sep 11 with 565 viewsclive_baker

If ME has a target of generating £2m from player sales to help fill the gap, and we're in a position to do that by losing Jackson then I wouldn't be totally averse, especially if it meant keeping Downes who I think can be more important to us this season. I think £2m for Jackson is decent money too, whereas with Downes I think his future value could be much greater if we were selling as a Championship club, so there's an opportunity cost there too.

Not sure Jackson doesn't suit the system though to be fair to him, I think he could do well in a 4-3-3 as the wide left sided forward, similarly to Sears. If he does stay I would think he could be a valuable asset, and we don't really have pace like his anywhere else in the side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jackson is an interesting one on 13:29 - Sep 11 with 539 viewsBluefish

Jackson is an interesting one on 13:20 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

If ME has a target of generating £2m from player sales to help fill the gap, and we're in a position to do that by losing Jackson then I wouldn't be totally averse, especially if it meant keeping Downes who I think can be more important to us this season. I think £2m for Jackson is decent money too, whereas with Downes I think his future value could be much greater if we were selling as a Championship club, so there's an opportunity cost there too.

Not sure Jackson doesn't suit the system though to be fair to him, I think he could do well in a 4-3-3 as the wide left sided forward, similarly to Sears. If he does stay I would think he could be a valuable asset, and we don't really have pace like his anywhere else in the side.

I just don't see his movement out of possession is good enough to play that role consistently

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson is an interesting one on 13:32 - Sep 11 with 527 viewsIpswichKnight

Jackson is an interesting one on 13:20 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

Think we should say he doesn't suit Lamberts idea, most if not all of us could see him playing as that wide forward but Lambert doesn't.

One of the things I enjoyed about him was that he gets infront of defenders and gets the foul and importantly penalties we have missed having a player that gets goalside and makes players foul him as you say we don't have anyone else like that, Sears, Lankester and Dobra are quick but not in the extreme quick bracket like Jackson.

I agree about Downes we saw against the Arsenal kids that our midfield struggles to make any meaningful tackles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024