Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loaning out dobra and el miz 13:32 - Sep 11 with 7206 viewsBluefish

Seems too late for me. We should be involving them and trusting them, I just don't feel that prp trusts the kids. McGavin yes definitely but for dobra and el miz it feels they should have gone out last year (for longer in el mizouni case).

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:34 - Sep 11 with 2581 viewsITFC_96

Said it plenty of times before. Lambert likes to play his dinosaurs instead of giving the promising youngsters game time. I would be livid.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:35 - Sep 11 with 2571 viewsFtnfwest

Agree, athough i'd prefer him to play for us, i could also maybe see the sense in getting el Miz out to cambridge say until the new year, bearing in mind he's got a minor injury at present - but Dobra? We could even get championship clubs wanting to loan him out, its that ridiculous.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:38 - Sep 11 with 2551 viewsHerbivore

Agreed, to me it just looks like further evidence of how much he wasted last year. Dobra and El Miz were both in the first team picture for much of the season until El Miz went out for a spell with Cambridge. If he felt they needed to be playing regularly, why not make the effort to send them out in July or August last year? Then they'd be much more ready to push on for us this year. What was the value in keeping them around and not using them? Same with McGavin, why not get him a decent loan spell last year? Just smacks of a lack of strategy and planning.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:41 - Sep 11 with 2546 viewsclive_baker

I'm pretty critical of Lambert, and firmly remain so given the mess he's made of his time here, but I am inclined to agree with him on this. They both just need to play a lot of competitive football, and they won't do that here. They've shown that they're talented, full of promise, and as tempted as it is to think they should be more involved in the senior team especially given how sh1t we were last season, from what I've seen of both they're still way behind the likes of Judge, Sears, Edwards etc in terms of those wide roles. Then there's Lankester who seems something of a forgotten man at the moment. It remains to be seen what he can offer post his injury setback. Centrally we're really well stocked, so I can't see El-Miz getting a look in there anytime soon.

They're 19. Get them out to L2 to clubs where they're going to play regularly. It'll do them the world of good and they'll come back much better for it. I also think there's some merit in having a slightly trimmer squad ourselves which is easier to manage.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:43 - Sep 11 with 2522 viewsITFC_96

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:41 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

I'm pretty critical of Lambert, and firmly remain so given the mess he's made of his time here, but I am inclined to agree with him on this. They both just need to play a lot of competitive football, and they won't do that here. They've shown that they're talented, full of promise, and as tempted as it is to think they should be more involved in the senior team especially given how sh1t we were last season, from what I've seen of both they're still way behind the likes of Judge, Sears, Edwards etc in terms of those wide roles. Then there's Lankester who seems something of a forgotten man at the moment. It remains to be seen what he can offer post his injury setback. Centrally we're really well stocked, so I can't see El-Miz getting a look in there anytime soon.

They're 19. Get them out to L2 to clubs where they're going to play regularly. It'll do them the world of good and they'll come back much better for it. I also think there's some merit in having a slightly trimmer squad ourselves which is easier to manage.

The same Edwards who has done nothing of note for the past year and the same Judge who goes missing every other game?
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:47 - Sep 11 with 2513 viewsgordon

There's no way in the world that Edwards and Judge are going to be effective in those wide positions.

If it were me I'd move Edwards on if at all possible, treat Judge as a central midfielder (but also try to move on one of Nolan/Judge, although this may be difficult), and use Dobra, Lankester and El Miz as back-up to Sears / Jackson in the wide forward positions. The games will come thick and fast, and Jackson may be off anyway.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:47 - Sep 11 with 2514 viewsBluefish

We are only league 1 ourselves. We should be building a team to accommodate Dobra, El Mizouni and Lankester. Like I said I can see that McGavin is further down the list in terms of experience and players in front of him, realistically we have Dozzell, Bishop, Downes etc all in the way but Edwards and Judge should not the blocking the path for Lankester, Dobra or El Mizouni. We will lose Dozzell for a pittance at the end of this season, it will be a shame to lose the others as well

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:48 - Sep 11 with 2504 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:49 - Sep 11 with 2492 viewsgordon

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:47 - Sep 11 by Bluefish

We are only league 1 ourselves. We should be building a team to accommodate Dobra, El Mizouni and Lankester. Like I said I can see that McGavin is further down the list in terms of experience and players in front of him, realistically we have Dozzell, Bishop, Downes etc all in the way but Edwards and Judge should not the blocking the path for Lankester, Dobra or El Mizouni. We will lose Dozzell for a pittance at the end of this season, it will be a shame to lose the others as well

Yup, agree with this. The likes of Judge, Edwards, Nolan etc. got us to 11th in League One. They aren't going to be miraculously better this year just because Lambert has announced that now we're going to have a plan.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:50 - Sep 11 with 2489 viewsKieran_Knows

What part of loaning them out does this come under in the '5 point plan' though?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:55 - Sep 11 with 2464 viewsKeno

totally agree

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:01 - Sep 11 with 2437 viewsHerbivore

It is very disappointing though that after the abject failure of last season the plan seems to be to stick with the one paced old pros that underwhelmed rather than giving the talented kids a chance. I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of El Miz and Dobra, it's a shame it's going to be Nolan and Judge given the nod again after such a poor effort from them last season.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:05 - Sep 11 with 2417 viewsclive_baker

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:50 - Sep 11 by Kieran_Knows

What part of loaning them out does this come under in the '5 point plan' though?

It's part of the maturation process for the younger players, to get them ready for the starting XI. We could well have a side including Woolfy, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell and maybe Lankester too on a good day. 5 academy graduates in the side, so there's evidence enough to suggest if players are good enough there are opportunities. I just think it's an awful lot to ask of the next 'tranche' a la Dobra and El-Miz to expect that of them right now. They're both raw, and I think they'll benefit more from being a more involved member of a squad in the league below.

As for the senior pro's here, yes some (many) under-performed last season, but there's a multitude of reasons for that which largely all point back at the management IMO. They're the issues which need addressing before casting everyone associated with the club in the past 2 years aside, or we'll continue in this downward spiral.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:08 - Sep 11 with 2405 viewsITFC_96

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:05 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

It's part of the maturation process for the younger players, to get them ready for the starting XI. We could well have a side including Woolfy, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell and maybe Lankester too on a good day. 5 academy graduates in the side, so there's evidence enough to suggest if players are good enough there are opportunities. I just think it's an awful lot to ask of the next 'tranche' a la Dobra and El-Miz to expect that of them right now. They're both raw, and I think they'll benefit more from being a more involved member of a squad in the league below.

As for the senior pro's here, yes some (many) under-performed last season, but there's a multitude of reasons for that which largely all point back at the management IMO. They're the issues which need addressing before casting everyone associated with the club in the past 2 years aside, or we'll continue in this downward spiral.

There will probably be Championship clubs looking to loan them, let alone clubs below us.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:08 - Sep 11 with 2405 viewsjayessess

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:01 - Sep 11 by Herbivore

It is very disappointing though that after the abject failure of last season the plan seems to be to stick with the one paced old pros that underwhelmed rather than giving the talented kids a chance. I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of El Miz and Dobra, it's a shame it's going to be Nolan and Judge given the nod again after such a poor effort from them last season.

Lambert should definitely be waiting as late as possible before deciding that our senior professionals aren't going to be just as disappointing as they were last year...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:11 - Sep 11 with 2394 viewsIpswichKnight

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:50 - Sep 11 by Kieran_Knows

point 5.1 subsection b clause 75.1.1

The manager reserves the right to punish the younger players for making his selections last season look even more stupid than what was originally thought. These players will be punished by being told to go out on loan when the manager knows full well no L2 club can afford a 1p sweet never mind an extra grand a week. Said players will be punished by having to watch the senior players continue to run like walking in treacle and attempting to tackle thin air.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:19 - Sep 11 with 2355 viewsclive_baker

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:08 - Sep 11 by ITFC_96

There will probably be Championship clubs looking to loan them, let alone clubs below us.

I would be very surprised if any of the 3 (El-Miz, Dobra, McGavin) are attracting the interest of Championship clubs on loan with a view to playing regular football this season. Time will tell on that one.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:19 - Sep 11 with 2354 viewsGarv

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:38 - Sep 11 by Herbivore

Agreed, to me it just looks like further evidence of how much he wasted last year. Dobra and El Miz were both in the first team picture for much of the season until El Miz went out for a spell with Cambridge. If he felt they needed to be playing regularly, why not make the effort to send them out in July or August last year? Then they'd be much more ready to push on for us this year. What was the value in keeping them around and not using them? Same with McGavin, why not get him a decent loan spell last year? Just smacks of a lack of strategy and planning.

It's a good point, but we don't even know they didn't try to loan them out last season. Could be the right club never came in, players didn't want to go etc. We saw with Nydam's spell in Scotland not all loans work out.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:20 - Sep 11 with 2351 viewsITFC_96

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:19 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

I would be very surprised if any of the 3 (El-Miz, Dobra, McGavin) are attracting the interest of Championship clubs on loan with a view to playing regular football this season. Time will tell on that one.

Brighton would certainly have sent Dobra on loan to a club above us, at the very least.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 2332 viewsitfcjoe

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:05 - Sep 11 by clive_baker

Last year was such a wasted year, in nearly all respects.

I think whilst we have a big squad, sending them both out is a bit much - especially El miz who impressed at Cambridge and can play in basically any of the midfield and forward positions.

Dobra is a bit greener, and McGavin has more traffic in his way so can just about accept them - but for me letting Idi go would be a mistake as he has that X Factor and swagger we sometimes lack as a team. He wouldn't be far off starting for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 2327 viewsclive_baker

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:20 - Sep 11 by ITFC_96

Brighton would certainly have sent Dobra on loan to a club above us, at the very least.

Not sure that is certain, to be fair. Nor will we ever know. With regards, to your first point, time will tell where the loan interest comes from, but if these lads are playing regular football in the Championship this season I'll eat my hat.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 2319 viewsJDB23

So much for the youth aspect of the 5 point plan.
We could have a starting line up like the below for the majority of the season:

Holy

KVY/Chambers Woolf Nsiala Ward
Bishop Nolan Dozzell
Judge Norwood/Hawkins Sears

That is 2 players under the age of 24.
Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:35 - Sep 11 with 2283 viewsHerbivore

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:19 - Sep 11 by Garv

It's a good point, but we don't even know they didn't try to loan them out last season. Could be the right club never came in, players didn't want to go etc. We saw with Nydam's spell in Scotland not all loans work out.

If we couldn't find them a club last season there's zero chance of finding them one this time around with the way clubs' finances are being hit. I agree that loan spells are a bit of a lottery which is why I'm not keen on them going out at this point in their development when they could be pushing for regular minutes. If they'd gone out last season it would have made much more sense. I find it hard to believe that nobody would have taken them given their ability and potential.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:37 - Sep 11 with 2279 viewsHerbivore

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:27 - Sep 11 by JDB23

So much for the youth aspect of the 5 point plan.
We could have a starting line up like the below for the majority of the season:

Holy

KVY/Chambers Woolf Nsiala Ward
Bishop Nolan Dozzell
Judge Norwood/Hawkins Sears

That is 2 players under the age of 24.

I suspect that if we lose Downes that will very much be our regular line up, possibly Huws might force himself in ahead of Nolan.

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 14:41 - Sep 11 with 2260 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Loaning out dobra and el miz on 13:34 - Sep 11 by ITFC_96

Said it plenty of times before. Lambert likes to play his dinosaurs instead of giving the promising youngsters game time. I would be livid.

Except this doesn't make any sense does it.

Last season you moaned that he rotated so by definition that wasn't the case was it. Plenty of younger players got in.

This season he's run the rule over this squad in pre-season and effectively promoted Drinnan, Dozzell and Ndaba with Lankaster back and also being one of the youngsters he's looking to keep and play. With Bishop (also pretty young and obvs not a dinasaur also being first choice) it's reasonable and absolutely clearly not to 'play his dinasaurs'. Why would you just ignore what's obvious just to make a silly statement?!

Not to mention Woolf by the way. That old Dinosaur at 21 and Downes who would be playing. Our entire midfield would be academy. Grow up!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 14:49]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024