Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Artificial grass 17:31 - Sep 11 with 2475 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone have this in their garden?

Do you recommend it?

Cheers

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Artificial grass on 17:32 - Sep 11 with 2253 viewsgordon

No and no. Horrible, depressing stuff.
Artificial grass on 17:34 - Sep 11 with 2236 viewsRyorry

No but I did consider having it in main bedroom when I was renovating.

Decided against on the grounds of biscuit crumbs and no hoovering.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Artificial grass on 17:35 - Sep 11 with 2239 viewsdickie

It is truly an abomination. Horrendous environmentally, and designed for lazy people by and large
Artificial grass on 17:35 - Sep 11 with 2239 viewsJ2BLUE

Artificial grass on 17:32 - Sep 11 by gordon

No and no. Horrible, depressing stuff.

I do feel slightly uncomfortable messing with nature and think I should probably have real grass.

Truly impaired.

Artificial grass on 17:36 - Sep 11 with 2233 viewsjeera

Ffs.

Use a mower like the rest of us.

I hate cutting the grass btw. I accept having to do it maybe 3 times over the season, but beyond that I get resentful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Artificial grass on 17:45 - Sep 11 with 2206 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 17:35 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I do feel slightly uncomfortable messing with nature and think I should probably have real grass.

Other options maybe?

Artificial grass has to be a no no mate. Nothing good can come of that.

Patio area with a shrub area for a bit of wildlife attraction if you don't fancy lawn?

Veg patch too if there's room?

Artificial grass on 17:45 - Sep 11 with 2209 viewsbluebudgie

Im in my 60s and I am disabled and have artificial grass as I cant mow regular grass. My grass looks lovely and its not an"abomination" Its not cheap though but as I said looks very nice and i have had plenty of admirers since having it laid and the grandkids love playing on it.My advice if you have not been put off by previous posts is to not buy cheap and have it laid by a profesional.
Artificial grass on 17:47 - Sep 11 with 2200 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 17:45 - Sep 11 by bluebudgie

Im in my 60s and I am disabled and have artificial grass as I cant mow regular grass. My grass looks lovely and its not an"abomination" Its not cheap though but as I said looks very nice and i have had plenty of admirers since having it laid and the grandkids love playing on it.My advice if you have not been put off by previous posts is to not buy cheap and have it laid by a profesional.

Fully understand your reasoning and good for you for finding something nice that works for you.

But J2 is half your age so can have his artificial grass years in later life!

Login to get fewer ads

Artificial grass on 17:49 - Sep 11 with 2192 viewsJ2BLUE

Artificial grass on 17:45 - Sep 11 by jeera

Other options maybe?

Artificial grass has to be a no no mate. Nothing good can come of that.

Patio area with a shrub area for a bit of wildlife attraction if you don't fancy lawn?

Veg patch too if there's room?

A veg patch? Are you insane?

I literally just want the whole thing turfed to be honest. At the moment the whole garden is paved and I don't like it.

It also has low fences either side so I have to talk to my neighbours which is a ball ache. I'd like 8 ft fences topped with barbed wire either side.

Truly impaired.

Artificial grass on 17:53 - Sep 11 with 2180 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 17:49 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I literally just want the whole thing turfed to be honest. At the moment the whole garden is paved and I don't like it.

It also has low fences either side so I have to talk to my neighbours which is a ball ache. I'd like 8 ft fences topped with barbed wire either side.

Neighbours can be a nuisance. I have fallen out quite badly with mine next door.

They have a regular visitor whose dog has twice now crapped on my grass.

The first time I laughed it off but the 2nd time I stood in it and was livid and made it clear as clear can be.

Good for you for wanting to change the paving to grass though.

If the fencing is solid enough, maybe put up some trellis on top? That will do the trick and you can grow some nice bits up them to fill in the gaps.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 17:54]

Artificial grass on 17:56 - Sep 11 with 2166 viewseireblue

Artificial grass on 17:49 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I wished the term rewilding existed in popular parlance, at the same time as I couldn’t afford/bothered to buy a lawn mower.

“I am not lazy, I am saving the planet, actually”
Artificial grass on 18:03 - Sep 11 with 2151 viewsJ2BLUE

Artificial grass on 17:53 - Sep 11 by jeera

Neighbours can be a nuisance. I have fallen out quite badly with mine next door.

They have a regular visitor whose dog has twice now crapped on my grass.

The first time I laughed it off but the 2nd time I stood in it and was livid and made it clear as clear can be.

Good for you for wanting to change the paving to grass though.

If the fencing is solid enough, maybe put up some trellis on top? That will do the trick and you can grow some nice bits up them to fill in the gaps.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 17:54]

There's just no privacy. Neighbours are elderly so during the summer they are out there constantly. One mows his lawn about 6 times a week in the summer months. I'd like a nice outdoor space where I just don't have to interact. Nice bit of grass, a deck and an inflatable hot tub or pool. Bliss.

Truly impaired.

Artificial grass on 18:06 - Sep 11 with 2141 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 18:03 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

There's just no privacy. Neighbours are elderly so during the summer they are out there constantly. One mows his lawn about 6 times a week in the summer months. I'd like a nice outdoor space where I just don't have to interact. Nice bit of grass, a deck and an inflatable hot tub or pool. Bliss.

Trellis or new fence.

Do it. You will be happier.

Most people are awful in their own way and best avoided.

Artificial grass on 18:11 - Sep 11 with 2134 viewsJ2BLUE

Artificial grass on 18:06 - Sep 11 by jeera

Trellis or new fence.

Do it. You will be happier.

Most people are awful in their own way and best avoided.

There's a trellis there now which frankly may as well not be there the gaps are so big but yea, after googling and seeing much better ones, that's an option.

I'm not sure who actually owns the fences whether it's me or neighbours. I'll have to find out.

Truly impaired.

Artificial grass on 18:27 - Sep 11 with 2106 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, me. It wasn’t and wouldn’t have been my choice but really works in ours as we only have a small patch with the rest of the garden decking/patio/stones. It’s also a pleasure having basically zero maintenance

I don’t think it works for a larger section however and any that I’ve seen done tend to look pretty cr*p IMO

Also loving some of the initial responses in light of the above!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Artificial grass on 18:33 - Sep 11 with 2097 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 18:11 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

There's a trellis there now which frankly may as well not be there the gaps are so big but yea, after googling and seeing much better ones, that's an option.

I'm not sure who actually owns the fences whether it's me or neighbours. I'll have to find out.

If you want to add to it then it's irrelevant to who owns it I'd have thought.

If it's knackered and needs replacing then sure, get onto the owners and see if you can work out a deal of some sort.

I suppose there's always the option of pinning some screening to it but would be cautious there as when the strong winds pick up that could end up tearing the lot down if the supporting fence isn't strong enough.

Artificial grass on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 2082 viewsgordon

Artificial grass on 18:11 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

If you have trellises and you plant stuff like honeysuckle, golden hops, clematis or even ivy they will grow up it really quickly and cover it over.

Should have added - zero care and attention needed for these! Water in case of sever drought, and generally the more light/water/fertiliser/compost/manure/rock dust the faster they will grow, but they will grow anyway.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2020 18:42]
Artificial grass on 19:04 - Sep 11 with 2056 viewsOldsmoker

I have a back yard measuring 4m x 4m.
It's got 3" of hard core on top of a rubber mat on top of rubble.
It was the landlords choice.
So, 3 strips of artificial turf with a bit on each side for the cat to rake around and have a dump looks great all year round. I can go out in bare feet as it's just like a carpet. The lack of sun in such a small space would mean a lawn would always look patchy so it's ideal for me.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Artificial grass on 19:10 - Sep 11 with 2031 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 19:04 - Sep 11 by Oldsmoker

I have a back yard measuring 4m x 4m.
It's got 3" of hard core on top of a rubber mat on top of rubble.
It was the landlords choice.
So, 3 strips of artificial turf with a bit on each side for the cat to rake around and have a dump looks great all year round. I can go out in bare feet as it's just like a carpet. The lack of sun in such a small space would mean a lawn would always look patchy so it's ideal for me.

Well it's not ideal if the cat's taken a dump and you're out there walking about barefoot.

Carpet or not. The cat's gotta go mate.

No one likes cats.

Artificial grass on 19:49 - Sep 11 with 1989 viewsSwansea_Blue

I looked into it, but couldn’t find anyone selling an artificial lawnmower. There’s a business opportunity there for someone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Artificial grass on 19:55 - Sep 11 with 1967 viewsOldsmoker

Artificial grass on 19:10 - Sep 11 by jeera

Well it's not ideal if the cat's taken a dump and you're out there walking about barefoot.

No one likes cats.

Don't you dare say anything nasty about my fluffykins.
She dumps round the edges not on the turf.
She also dumps in cat-hating neighbours gardens too.

Artificial grass on 19:59 - Sep 11 with 1960 viewsSwansea_Blue

Artificial grass on 19:10 - Sep 11 by jeera

No one likes cats.

Some people like cats, but they’re wrong.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Artificial grass on 20:03 - Sep 11 with 1943 viewsJ2BLUE

Artificial grass on 19:59 - Sep 11 by Swansea_Blue

Some people like cats, but they’re wrong.

Cats are the thinking man's dog.

Truly impaired.

Artificial grass on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 1906 viewsjeera

Artificial grass on 19:55 - Sep 11 by Oldsmoker

Don't you dare say anything nasty about my fluffykins.
She dumps round the edges not on the turf.
She also dumps in cat-hating neighbours gardens too.

Man, the only reason you and I are pals is cos we live so far apart.

If we were neighbours, Fluffykins would be part of next years runner beans compost by now.

Artificial grass on 20:21 - Sep 11 with 1888 viewsOldsmoker

Artificial grass on 20:16 - Sep 11 by jeera

Man, the only reason you and I are pals is cos we live so far apart.

If we were neighbours, Fluffykins would be part of next years runner beans compost by now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024