Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is scary. 21:17 - Sep 11 with 3120 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

This is scary. on 21:43 - Sep 11 with 2681 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this what the start of a civil war looks like? Hope not; hope it’s just posturing. Bloody mad whatever it is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is scary. on 21:47 - Sep 11 with 2661 viewscatch74

This is scary. on 21:43 - Sep 11 by Swansea_Blue

Is this what the start of a civil war looks like? Hope not; hope it’s just posturing. Bloody mad whatever it is.

It is crazy, as you say hopefully just posturing.

This is scary. on 22:01 - Sep 11 with 2613 viewsRyorry

All that kit that they can walk into a shop and just buy?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is scary. on 22:04 - Sep 11 with 2607 viewsronnyd

Looks like downtown Aleppo. Is that hardware really available over the counter in the U.S.?
This is scary. on 22:36 - Sep 11 with 2536 viewsSpruceMoose

These intellectually stunted gorillas aren't going anywhere whether Trump wins or loses.

They're going to need to be dealt with sooner or later. They're beyond reasoning with. They see the rest of the country, people like me, people like my family and friends, as the enemy.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is scary. on 22:48 - Sep 11 with 2492 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 22:36 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

These intellectually stunted gorillas aren't going anywhere whether Trump wins or loses.

They're going to need to be dealt with sooner or later. They're beyond reasoning with. They see the rest of the country, people like me, people like my family and friends, as the enemy.

But can we call it fascism yet?!

I’m watching the world crumble into authoritarian power from an organised global misinformation campaign and still the moderates twiddle their thumbs.

See the quote in my signature. Be nice if you could join us, the same is happening in the UK.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This is scary. on 23:33 - Sep 11 with 2425 viewsRyorry

This is scary. on 22:48 - Sep 11 by monytowbray

But can we call it fascism yet?!

I’m watching the world crumble into authoritarian power from an organised global misinformation campaign and still the moderates twiddle their thumbs.

See the quote in my signature. Be nice if you could join us, the same is happening in the UK.

Had more than enough of the extremes on both sides thanks very much, am happy to be a moderate right now - not at all happy that "moderate" seems to be becoming an increasingly dirty word in some quarters - maybe that's one of the problems.

This is scary. on 00:37 - Sep 12 with 2316 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 23:33 - Sep 11 by Ryorry

Had more than enough of the extremes on both sides thanks very much, am happy to be a moderate right now - not at all happy that "moderate" seems to be becoming an increasingly dirty word in some quarters - maybe that's one of the problems.

There is no moderate opposition to corruption and fascism.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

This is scary. on 00:40 - Sep 12 with 2308 viewsRyorry

This is scary. on 00:37 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

There is no moderate opposition to corruption and fascism.

I'm a moderate & oppose those things most days of most weeks.

Just needs more people to become aware, get educated, stand up - pressure of the masses - see Arab Spring.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 1:07]

This is scary. on 01:24 - Sep 12 with 2256 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 00:40 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Just needs more people to become aware, get educated, stand up - pressure of the masses - see Arab Spring.

You’ve watched the above video? I’m afraid those methods have failed us. We’re fighting cults now. It’s deradicalisation.

TWTD never forgets…

This is scary. on 01:48 - Sep 12 with 2244 viewsSpruceMoose

This is scary. on 01:24 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

You’ve watched the above video? I’m afraid those methods have failed us. We’re fighting cults now. It’s deradicalisation.

Unless you've encountered it directly it's tough to picture just how hateful these people are.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is scary. on 02:11 - Sep 12 with 2236 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 01:48 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

Unless you've encountered it directly it's tough to picture just how hateful these people are.

I’m seeing more and more of them going that way in the UK with Brexit. The fact the Tories still poll as they are shows Starmer has his work cut out. Some of the stuff Farage, Hopkins and Yaxley-Lenon have put out there has alarmingly normalised racism.

Saw a quote today, can’t remember what from, but it was along the lines of “A fascist government won’t make an announcement to say they are fascist. They will instead announce it’s illegal to be an anti-fascist.” I look at here, the States, Poland, Hungary, the extreme right are rising everywhere. All fits in lovely with Putin’s plot laid out in the Foundations of Geopolitics.

Oh and climate change denial is rife. If one’s not accepted we’re f*cked by now that’s enough to fit in said camp.

If the world doesn’t terrify you RN you ain’t informed. History won’t judge this era well or will hail it the greatest moment ever depending on what humanity decides to do.

TWTD never forgets…

This is scary. on 08:07 - Sep 12 with 2067 viewsBluefish

Are you saying .....

The only way to fight a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun?

I've heard that before somewhere

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

This is scary. on 12:24 - Sep 12 with 1931 viewsRyorry

Yes I did watch it before posting my previous replies.

We haven't tried "those methods" yet - not on an Arab Spring scale.

Are you seriously suggesting you, me and other TWTDers should arm ourselves to similar levels as those loons, then go out & confront them?!

Getting the UK electorate to go with a a far-left agenda will never succeed either, we're a nation of (on average) apathetic moderates. What's needed is for more of the apathetic to a) have their awareness raised b) get educated c) stand up en masse to the Tories & other far right. Actually I think that's already starting to happen via social media, and the restlessness of more centrist Tories.

This is scary. on 12:44 - Sep 12 with 1879 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is scary. on 12:24 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Yes I did watch it before posting my previous replies.

We haven't tried "those methods" yet - not on an Arab Spring scale.

Are you seriously suggesting you, me and other TWTDers should arm ourselves to similar levels as those loons, then go out & confront them?!

Getting the UK electorate to go with a a far-left agenda will never succeed either, we're a nation of (on average) apathetic moderates. What's needed is for more of the apathetic to a) have their awareness raised b) get educated c) stand up en masse to the Tories & other far right. Actually I think that's already starting to happen via social media, and the restlessness of more centrist Tories.

I'm ready for them

This is scary. on 12:51 - Sep 12 with 1870 viewsNewcyBlue

This is scary. on 12:44 - Sep 12 by Swansea_Blue

I'm ready for them

I mounted Seb’s Nerf guns on a wall in the lounge. MrsN was not impressed.

It looks cool as fck though!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This is scary. on 12:58 - Sep 12 with 1847 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is scary. on 12:51 - Sep 12 by NewcyBlue

I mounted Seb’s Nerf guns on a wall in the lounge. MrsN was not impressed.

It looks cool as fck though!

Has to be done.

This is scary. on 13:05 - Sep 12 with 1840 viewscatch74

This is scary. on 12:44 - Sep 12 by Swansea_Blue

I'm ready for them

There’s something repugnant about those colours .

This is scary. on 13:30 - Sep 12 with 1800 viewsDarth_Koont

This is scary. on 00:40 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Maybe not you, but the problem in the UK and definitely in the US is that the moderates as a group are way too passive and content with things the way they are. Because most of the problems and inequalities that have been allowed to develop don't really affect them.

The system largely works for them so the default position is to protect it rather than accept the need for reform or indeed that a sizeable percentage of the population are marginalised and disenfranchised by it.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is scary. on 14:08 - Sep 12 with 1743 viewsRyorry

This is scary. on 13:05 - Sep 12 by catch74

There’s something repugnant about those colours .

Yeah, couldn't bring myself to upvote him with that shocking colour scheme choice!

This is scary. on 14:27 - Sep 12 with 1717 viewsRyorry

This is scary. on 13:30 - Sep 12 by Darth_Koont

Maybe not you, but the problem in the UK and definitely in the US is that the moderates as a group are way too passive and content with things the way they are. Because most of the problems and inequalities that have been allowed to develop don't really affect them.

The system largely works for them so the default position is to protect it rather than accept the need for reform or indeed that a sizeable percentage of the population are marginalised and disenfranchised by it.

Those are fair points but the way forward is through social media and waking reasonable people up. Extreme groups and policies just alienate the very people yourself & MonyT want and need onside.

My hope is that the extremes Johnson and Trump are currently going to with their appalling statements, actions & inactions will finally serve to wake the majority up - does seem to be happening in the US, but we'll see in Nov. I guess.

This is scary. on 14:30 - Sep 12 with 1708 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 14:27 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Those are fair points but the way forward is through social media and waking reasonable people up. Extreme groups and policies just alienate the very people yourself & MonyT want and need onside.

My hope is that the extremes Johnson and Trump are currently going to with their appalling statements, actions & inactions will finally serve to wake the majority up - does seem to be happening in the US, but we'll see in Nov. I guess.

I find the problem with many moderates is they get angry about the symptom but rarely said much about the causes when they were escalating. (Redacted) is a very good example of this when he talks about MCWB.

Then again I wouldn’t call (Redacted) a moderate.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 14:30]

TWTD never forgets…

This is scary. on 14:35 - Sep 12 with 1687 viewsRyorry

This is scary. on 14:30 - Sep 12 by monytowbray

I find the problem with many moderates is they get angry about the symptom but rarely said much about the causes when they were escalating. (Redacted) is a very good example of this when he talks about MCWB.

Then again I wouldn’t call (Redacted) a moderate.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 14:30]

Mean Coincident Wet Bulb?! 🤔

This is scary. on 14:37 - Sep 12 with 1681 viewsmonytowbray

This is scary. on 14:35 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Mean Coincident Wet Bulb?! 🤔

Something about a certain skin colour and assumed class.

The fact he still thinks in class systems shows how right wing he really is.

TWTD never forgets…

This is scary. on 14:41 - Sep 12 with 1674 viewsDarth_Koont

This is scary. on 14:27 - Sep 12 by Ryorry

Not sure that’s been proven though.

BLM and XR have raised the bar on subjects that people were happy enough to virtue signal about but not get behind enough electorally.

I think the moderate attitude that things should be on their preferred terms is why they’re so regularly outflanked on pretty much all the major political questions in recent times. As I’ve repeatedly said, Brexit and Scottish independence are two sides of the same coin and decades in the making because the supposedly sensible people have ignored the underlying issues.

When a question like Remain came up that did affect them and their identity they did get involved but clearly too little and too late.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024