Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood on 13:07 - Sep 13 with 3087 viewsHerbivore

For Drinan. Bit harsh on the lad if so, he was playing pretty well to be fair and could have had a goal with a bit more luck or if Sears had looked up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on on 13:17 - Sep 13 with 3033 viewsGarv

Thought he did well but in terms of physicality Norwood looks an instant upgrade. Not made it stick yet which he needs to but I like that he's getting stuck in.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on on 13:25 - Sep 13 with 2962 viewsSwailsey

Norwood on on 13:17 - Sep 13 by Garv

Thought he did well but in terms of physicality Norwood looks an instant upgrade. Not made it stick yet which he needs to but I like that he's getting stuck in.

Not so sure about that. Drinan looked much better so far.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Norwood on on 13:27 - Sep 13 with 2943 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on on 13:17 - Sep 13 by Garv

He's putting himself about but we've looked worse as a side imo. Drinan's hold up play and positional discipline helped us a lot first half, especially in the second half of it. It's not really sticking up front now and we look a bit disjointed again.

Norwood on on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 2938 viewsSE1blue

Perhaps an effort to keep Norwood interested in the club.

Drinnan was better.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Norwood on on 13:30 - Sep 13 with 2909 viewsRedX

His first touch has left him down a couple of times when in good positions.
Norwood on on 13:33 - Sep 13 with 2875 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Drinans hold up play was good and was bringing other players into the game, namely Bishop, Norwood appears to have the touch of a Hippo and we are now lying deeper as a result.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Norwood on on 13:33 - Sep 13 with 2869 viewsgordon

Drinan is a really good team player, holds it up, brings people into play, doesn't give away silly fouls, knows his game well. Norwood, on the other hand...
Norwood on on 13:34 - Sep 13 with 2851 viewsDanTheMan

Norwood on on 13:33 - Sep 13 by gordon

Drinan is a really good team player, holds it up, brings people into play, doesn't give away silly fouls, knows his game well. Norwood, on the other hand...

We have looked significantly worse up front without him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on on 13:35 - Sep 13 with 2841 viewsgordon

Hold on though, here's the Welsh wizard.
Norwood on on 13:36 - Sep 13 with 2829 viewsHerbivore

Nors is looking like a decent Sunday league player that's won a chance to play a pro game.

Norwood on on 13:41 - Sep 13 with 2799 viewsSwailsey

I really hope (not for his sake) that Drinan was injured. Norwood has been rubbish.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Norwood on on 13:43 - Sep 13 with 2786 viewsSwailsey

Norwood on on 13:41 - Sep 13 by Swailsey

I really hope (not for his sake) that Drinan was injured. Norwood has been rubbish.

Norwood on on 13:46 - Sep 13 with 2762 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on on 13:36 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Nors is looking like a decent Sunday league player that's won a chance to play a pro game.

Norwood has been injured and played no games pre-season...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood on on 13:47 - Sep 13 with 2746 viewsgordon

Nors teed up that goal with a lovely touch.
Norwood on on 13:50 - Sep 13 with 2704 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on on 13:46 - Sep 13 by Keaneish

Norwood has been injured and played no games pre-season...

He looked like a pub player quite frequently last season too.

Norwood on on 13:55 - Sep 13 with 2661 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on on 13:50 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

He looked like a pub player quite frequently last season too.

Never played against any pub players who ever looked anywhere near good enough to score a goal every 2.5 games at League One level. Think you’re overly harsh on Norwood. He’s got plenty of good attributes but clearly not match fit/sharp.

Norwood on on 14:02 - Sep 13 with 2600 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on on 13:55 - Sep 13 by Keaneish

Never played against any pub players who ever looked anywhere near good enough to score a goal every 2.5 games at League One level. Think you’re overly harsh on Norwood. He’s got plenty of good attributes but clearly not match fit/sharp.

His movement is decent which is why he gets chances but he lacks quality. His finishing isn't great and his touch is poor. We looked poorer second half as he didn't make the ball stick and give our footballers a chance to play.

Norwood on on 14:09 - Sep 13 with 2555 viewsKeaneish

Norwood on on 14:02 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

His movement is decent which is why he gets chances but he lacks quality. His finishing isn't great and his touch is poor. We looked poorer second half as he didn't make the ball stick and give our footballers a chance to play.

Agree we were better with Drinan but with lack of match sharpness, the first touch is always going to be the thing to suffer. I’d like to see him play as the lone striker this season. He played that way for tranmere so will be interesting to see how he fares when fit.

Norwood on on 14:15 - Sep 13 with 2526 viewspointofblue

Someone mentioned in the chat that Drinan had picked up a knock. There was no reason for Lambert to make a change at that point otherwise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwood on on 14:53 - Sep 13 with 2434 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on on 14:09 - Sep 13 by Keaneish

Agree we were better with Drinan but with lack of match sharpness, the first touch is always going to be the thing to suffer. I’d like to see him play as the lone striker this season. He played that way for tranmere so will be interesting to see how he fares when fit.

Maybe. I just don't especially rate him to be honest, based on what I've seen. I'm not sure if his touch and hold up play is good enough to play as a lone striker at this level. He didn't play the role at all well today even taking into account his lack of match sharpness.

Norwood on on 15:20 - Sep 13 with 2371 viewsmonty_radio

Norwood on on 14:53 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Maybe. I just don't especially rate him to be honest, based on what I've seen. I'm not sure if his touch and hold up play is good enough to play as a lone striker at this level. He didn't play the role at all well today even taking into account his lack of match sharpness.

Re Centre Forward play Drinan simply looked the part. Some of his early movement, hold-up and lay-off was excellent. Of course he'll need eventually to add goals to that given that the rest of the team doesn't exctly brim over with them. Norwood ran about bullishly, and made a couple of decent passes, but a Centre Forward in this formation he is not.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 15:50]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024