Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That'll do for the first match 13:56 - Sep 13 with 2765 viewsSteve_M

Now to build on it and keep the same formation, get players fit and we should be top six at least.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That'll do for the first match on 14:54 - Sep 13 with 474 viewspointofblue

That'll do for the first match on 14:50 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Better than most of our post-November performances. Quite similar to our early season performances where we've managed to win without playing all that well. A few promising signs at times but we weren't great.

I'd say the section of play when we were on top (c. 20th-55th minute) we looked far more fluid and comfortable than we did for most parts of last season. We lacked the intensity to keep that going for ninety and that's what we need to work towards.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That'll do for the first match on 14:58 - Sep 13 with 464 viewsHerbivore

That'll do for the first match on 14:54 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

I'd say the section of play when we were on top (c. 20th-55th minute) we looked far more fluid and comfortable than we did for most parts of last season. We lacked the intensity to keep that going for ninety and that's what we need to work towards.

The second half of the first half was good, but we can't only play for 20-25 minutes. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it was better than the better performances last season, but it was better than much of the dross we served up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That'll do for the first match on 14:59 - Sep 13 with 456 viewsDecageBruce

Not perfect but decent enough.

Midfield needs to sharpen a little but I thought we looked strong down the left with some tidy overlaps and Edwards did well when he came in.
That'll do for the first match on 15:01 - Sep 13 with 439 viewspointofblue

That'll do for the first match on 14:58 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

The second half of the first half was good, but we can't only play for 20-25 minutes. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it was better than the better performances last season, but it was better than much of the dross we served up.

I'd argue that section of play was better than most of the strongest performances last season but overall we were more consistent against the likes of Tranmere and Shrewsbury whilst our best home performance was definitely Sunderland.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That'll do for the first match on 15:04 - Sep 13 with 430 viewsHerbivore

That'll do for the first match on 15:01 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

I'd argue that section of play was better than most of the strongest performances last season but overall we were more consistent against the likes of Tranmere and Shrewsbury whilst our best home performance was definitely Sunderland.

We were good against Accrington and Burton at home, I'd say we were better in those two games than in our good spell today.

That'll do for the first match on 15:05 - Sep 13 with 421 viewsRobTheMonk

Wigan looked alright for a team that's basically had a relegation squad restructure. I think it's a game we expected to win which we did. I don't think we'll know quite where we are until we play someone like Peterborough or Oxford.

A winning start, so can't really complain about that. Nsiala and Wilson at the back makes me squeamish though!
That'll do for the first match on 15:17 - Sep 13 with 388 viewsIpswichKnight

It’s a win but some of the old Ipswich from last season was on show. We are soooooo one paced even more so once Sears went off. We created a bit more than last season but didn’t punish them for that. We should have been 2 down before we scored. We will beat most of the mid table and bottom dwellers but decent teams are not going to miss those first 2 chances and can any one seriously see us coming from behind to score 2 or 3.
That'll do for the first match on 15:33 - Sep 13 with 368 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That'll do for the first match on 14:50 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

Better than most of our post-November performances. Quite similar to our early season performances where we've managed to win without playing all that well. A few promising signs at times but we weren't great.

I don’t think it was as brilliant as it could have been at times, but I just had to dispute that comment about it being no better than last season. Because it was. Compare that with some of the awful displays we watched at Portman road in January/February and it was chalk and cheese.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

That'll do for the first match on 15:36 - Sep 13 with 359 viewsHerbivore

That'll do for the first match on 15:33 - Sep 13 by The_Romford_Blue

I don’t think it was as brilliant as it could have been at times, but I just had to dispute that comment about it being no better than last season. Because it was. Compare that with some of the awful displays we watched at Portman road in January/February and it was chalk and cheese.

Have to take the level of opposition into account as well though, Rommers. We took Accrington and Burton apart at PR in Jan/Feb in better performances than today but were poor against the likes of Peterborough and Fleetwood. I'd say the Wigan side cobbled together today is probably closer to the former than the latter. Pleased to have got off to a winning start but there's lots we're going to need to improve on if we're going to challenge.

That'll do for the first match on 16:20 - Sep 13 with 310 viewsjaykay

That'll do for the first match on 14:41 - Sep 13 by The_Romford_Blue

But like.. that’s just bollox isn’t it? Admit it, you’re talking absolute tripe for the sake of exaggeration.

It was clearly better than last season. It just was.

don't worry about him rommers ,he's the new [old] troll on the board. jeera has got down as a bad un

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

That'll do for the first match on 17:01 - Sep 13 with 277 viewsMonkeyAlan

That'll do for the first match on 14:41 - Sep 13 by The_Romford_Blue

But like.. that’s just bollox isn’t it? Admit it, you’re talking absolute tripe for the sake of exaggeration.

It was clearly better than last season. It just was.

We will have to agree to disagree. I thought apart from 20 mins in the first half we really were no better than last season. 20 minutes isnt enough.
That'll do for the first match on 17:03 - Sep 13 with 276 viewsBluefish

That'll do for the first match on 15:33 - Sep 13 by The_Romford_Blue

We started last season unbeaten but clearly had deficiencies, when these were pointed out many posters shot back and pointed to the table. That is no different to today, the issues were still obvious and it will cost us come the end if we dismiss this and pretend it is rosy

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024