Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57362 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
QPR chief Les Ferdinand statement about racism & not taking the knee on 15:33 - Sep 22 with 889 viewsnoggin

QPR chief Les Ferdinand statement about racism & not taking the knee on 15:09 - Sep 22 by KilburnBlue

“This should not be about QPR. Many clubs did not take the knee on the opening weekend, yet this was not reported.

Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted.

In the same way ‘Clap For Carers’ was very emotional for us all, it got to a stage where it had run its natural course and the decision was rightly made to stop it.

Does that mean we, as a nation, don’t care or appreciate our NHS workers? Of course it doesn’t.

No one is more passionate than me about this topic. I have spoken on the matter throughout my footballing life.

I work for one of the most diverse football clubs in this country. A lot of people are being fooled out there.

“Recently, I took the decision not to do any more interviews on racism in football because the debate was going around in circles. People want a nice soundbite when something happens, but how many of the media who have criticised QPR over the past 48 hours genuinely want change?

The taking of the knee has reached a point of ‘good PR’ but little more than that. The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge.

What are our plans with this? Will people be happy for players to take the knee for the next ten years but see no actual progress made?

Taking the knee will not bring about change in the game — actions will.

Those media that have been quick to question us should be looking more inwardly. Our Under 18s were forced to abandon a game in August 2019 against AD Nervion FC due to racist abuse.

More than 12 months on, UEFA refused to deal with the situation and the Spanish FA did nothing.

What media coverage has been given to that? Not nearly as much as what has been granted to QPR not taking a knee.

Don’t judge us. Simple research and evidence will show you we are doing more than most. If you want change, judge yourselves.”

I didn't hear anyone say "Why do we have to show support for healthcare workers?" Maybe that is the difference.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

QPR chief Les Ferdinand statement about racism & not taking the knee on 15:35 - Sep 22 with 887 viewsHalf_Idiot

QPR chief Les Ferdinand statement about racism & not taking the knee on 15:09 - Sep 22 by KilburnBlue

“This should not be about QPR. Many clubs did not take the knee on the opening weekend, yet this was not reported.

Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted.

In the same way ‘Clap For Carers’ was very emotional for us all, it got to a stage where it had run its natural course and the decision was rightly made to stop it.

Does that mean we, as a nation, don’t care or appreciate our NHS workers? Of course it doesn’t.

No one is more passionate than me about this topic. I have spoken on the matter throughout my footballing life.

I work for one of the most diverse football clubs in this country. A lot of people are being fooled out there.

“Recently, I took the decision not to do any more interviews on racism in football because the debate was going around in circles. People want a nice soundbite when something happens, but how many of the media who have criticised QPR over the past 48 hours genuinely want change?

The taking of the knee has reached a point of ‘good PR’ but little more than that. The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge.

What are our plans with this? Will people be happy for players to take the knee for the next ten years but see no actual progress made?

Taking the knee will not bring about change in the game — actions will.

Those media that have been quick to question us should be looking more inwardly. Our Under 18s were forced to abandon a game in August 2019 against AD Nervion FC due to racist abuse.

More than 12 months on, UEFA refused to deal with the situation and the Spanish FA did nothing.

What media coverage has been given to that? Not nearly as much as what has been granted to QPR not taking a knee.

Don’t judge us. Simple research and evidence will show you we are doing more than most. If you want change, judge yourselves.”

J2BLUE has already responded to this when the article was first posted.

"Apples and oranges. Ferdinand is saying it's diluted. He's saying racism has to be fought in another way and it's time to move on. If you look back several posters were given the chance to say this is what they meant. They didn't because it wasn't what they meant. They agreed with the sentiment that it was 'months ago' and we should get over it."

Les Ferdinand believes that taking the knee is now a diluted message but we need to continue the fight against racism in other, more direct ways. What the OP states and that several others supported was that "this (racism) was months ago" implying that it is no longer an issue.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:48 - Sep 24 with 798 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"We have got to stay on this because otherwise things will never change".
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 22:56]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:55 - Sep 24 with 791 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"People do talk about sport not being a place for politics but ultimately it's human rights issues".

He is a very intelligent chap, Lewis Hamilton. Well done him for insisting on continuing to use his influence.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:02 - Sep 24 with 780 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:55 - Sep 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

"People do talk about sport not being a place for politics but ultimately it's human rights issues".

He is a very intelligent chap, Lewis Hamilton. Well done him for insisting on continuing to use his influence.

Hard to disagree with him. Sports entertainment should be a reward for a well functioning society.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:05 - Sep 24 with 774 viewsRyorry

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:48 - Sep 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

"We have got to stay on this because otherwise things will never change".
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 22:56]

Today's spotlights - a mixed-race barrister was 3 (three) times assumed to be the defendent when entering a UK court building yesterday -

https://www.legalcheek.com/2020/09/mixed-race-junior-barrister-makes-formal-comp

Also heard on TMS during rain-break, the shockingly low level of BAME personnel currently in English county cricket (both players and coaching staff). And on a wider scale -

https://www.sportbusiness.com/2020/08/omar-khan-more-action-needed-to-address-ba

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:46 - Oct 5 with 638 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Jonathan Price.

https://heavy.com/news/jonathan-price-wolfe-city-texas-police/

"but come on this was months ago"

This was 2 days ago.

EDIT: Any more news on Dalian Atkinson's killers?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 23:47]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 01:23 - Oct 6 with 590 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:46 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Jonathan Price.

This was 2 days ago.

That's absolutely dreadful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:41 - Oct 6 with 509 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:46 - Oct 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Jonathan Price.

This was 2 days ago.

That's absolutely horrific. And to think we've had some knuckle draggers trying to claim that racism isn't a problem anymore and that the protests aren't legitimate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024