Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57771 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:13 - Sep 14 with 4369 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 14:54 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Wait, Gary was talking b0llocks? I for one am staggered.

Well lets not be too hasty.

Perspectives and attitudes may change over a period of time, there is evidence that certain terms were definitely not seen as problematic. That was a site from a little while ago.

Just like my use of the B-word, as was pointed out once, was deemed derogatory.

There is of course evidence going back to the summer of 2020, of people using the mixed race term, in a way that may well have been seen as acceptable back then.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-53472395

But I think Gary will be along shortly, to explain, why this has now changed to be utterly offensive, and why that was the thing to take out of that post.

I am happy to be educated.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:17 - Sep 14 with 4275 viewsMullet

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:00 - Sep 14 by ROKERITE

This country isn't perfect but it's still one of the least racist on the planet. It is easy to see what a horrible place this would be if the majority on this thread had their way. Reeducation camps within months and any remaining freedom of speech ended. Fortunately, though always a majority on football message-boards, the leftist anti-British mob remain a minority in the country for now.
You're absolutely right about the knee taking. I can't imagine anyone who holds racist views changing them one iota because of the nonsense that has gone on since George Floyd's death. I'm afraid the minds of the Mullets, etc. are closed but they might learn something by reading Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals", particularly on the sensitive subject of slavery.

I'm really intrigued to see you call me out directly here and call me closed minded, yet don't answer two of my posts on here directly. Why is that?

To then call me "anti-British" as well as the derogatory "leftist" by association is also an interesting and provocatively offensive take. I am far from anti-British, I am a unionist and an ardent anti-racist precisely because I am fully aware of my country's history, the good and the bad and because I was raised properly to judge a man by the content of his character.

What is it you think I can learn from one book exactly? Any historian worth their salt knows that a single source is the worst way in which to understand any topic, let alone one as amorphous as colonial atrocities and George Floyd's death which you smash together here. Why is that?

It is telling that my only recollection of you here is to engage with defending racism, abusing others and nothing else of note. Why is that?

By all means educate me, I'm always happy to engage. You don't seem to be able to say the same. Why is that?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:31 - Sep 14 with 4205 viewsBlueBadger

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 14:56 - Sep 14 by lowhouseblue

great thread. i know the original post has to get a lot of the credit, but well done everyone.

You can get professional help for Stockholm syndrome this severe, you know.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:22 - Sep 14 with 4128 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You’re a f**king disgrace.

That applies to everyone defending the OP on this thread too.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:51 - Sep 14 with 4080 viewsKeno

Please note I've hit the wrong arrow on a small screen

I have emailed Phil to see about reversing it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:15 - Sep 14 with 4044 viewsAlexGreen

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:51 - Sep 14 by Keno

Refresh the page and then hit the correct arrow (if you're on computer vs mobile), it'll change :)

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:25 - Sep 14 with 4026 viewsjaseitfc2015

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 14:54 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Wait, Gary was talking b0llocks? I for one am staggered.

He must be a proper bell cheese if he has me agreeing with you for once
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:38 - Sep 14 with 4004 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:51 - Sep 14 by Keno

Pretty sure if anyone saw you’d down arrowed it, we’d all know it was a mistake on your part Keno.

Also, if you refresh the page, you can cancel your arrow out by doing one in the opposite direction.

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:48 - Sep 14 with 3976 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:38 - Sep 14 by The_Romford_Blue

Pretty sure if anyone saw you’d down arrowed it, we’d all know it was a mistake on your part Keno.

Also, if you refresh the page, you can cancel your arrow out by doing one in the opposite direction.

doesn't work, just says 'you have already voted'

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:56 - Sep 14 with 3965 viewsSuperblue95

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:48 - Sep 14 by Keno

Damage is done now. Kenoisamassiveracist is already trending on Twitter

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:59 - Sep 14 with 3962 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:22 - Sep 14 by The_Romford_Blue

You’re a f**king disgrace.

That applies to everyone defending the OP on this thread too.

I do like your precise logic and the brevity with which you convey it.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:00 - Sep 14 with 3957 viewsm14_blue

I always knew you were a wrong'un.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:04 - Sep 14 with 3951 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:56 - Sep 14 by Superblue95

Damage is done now. Kenoisamassiveracist is already trending on Twitter

makes a change from Kenoisasexgoodwithamassivepenis

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:10 - Sep 14 with 3942 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:59 - Sep 14 by eireblue

I do like your precise logic and the brevity with which you convey it.

No idea what that means tbh

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:12 - Sep 14 with 3932 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:48 - Sep 14 by Keno

Refresh the page and try again. Come on Keno, you're a veteran, you should know this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:15 - Sep 14 with 3924 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:12 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Refresh the page and try again. Come on Keno, you're a veteran, you should know this.

Ive tried refreshing the page, logging off and on, clearing the browser history and the b thing still wont change

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:19 - Sep 14 with 3908 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:15 - Sep 14 by Keno

Ive tried refreshing the page, logging off and on, clearing the browser history and the b thing still wont change

Just realised I hadn't downvoted it so I gift you half of my vote

I assumed 62 people had downvoted it. Then I click it and see 8 (not including your accidental vote) have upvoted it. Bloody hell.

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:19 - Sep 14 with 3906 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:15 - Sep 14 by Keno

Keno, the ape creatures of the Indus have mastered this. Now try again.

*I may have borrowed this line.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:21 - Sep 14 with 3900 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:19 - Sep 14 by jeera

the ape creatures of the Indus have better IT skills than me!!

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:21 - Sep 14 with 3899 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:19 - Sep 14 by jeera

How are you doing today mate?

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:23 - Sep 14 with 3889 viewsjeera

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:21 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

How are you doing today mate?

A bit calmer.

You?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:47 - Sep 14 with 3837 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:23 - Sep 14 by jeera

A bit calmer.

You?

Good stuff.

I'm good cheers.

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:04 - Sep 15 with 3719 viewsloftboy

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 13:14 - Sep 14 by GaryCooper

Have you no comprehension how utterly offensive the term 'mixed race' is?

My partner is half Indian and half German and she describes herself as mixed race and having experienced a lot of racism growing up in Watford in the 1970’s is very sensitive to what is acceptable and what isn’t.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 0:07]
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:18 - Sep 15 with 3706 viewsreusersfreekicks

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 13:14 - Sep 14 by GaryCooper

Have you no comprehension how utterly offensive the term 'mixed race' is?

Why do i feel saddened to see the late wonderful Joe Strummer in your avatar....
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:54 - Sep 15 with 3612 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

What's the record down vote score?? I'm delighted to be #70.

What a shocking attitude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024