Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57819 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:49 - Sep 16 with 1899 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:41 - Sep 16 by yesjohn99

Is Paz the one accused of saying bum boy and such like?

If so not sure I want to.

Nope, never used those words mate despite the smear tactics used by some on here
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 18:51]

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:53 - Sep 16 with 1876 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:35 - Sep 16 by eireblue

In that case, since you acknowledge it is difficult, surely you should respect the people that manage to do that.

Do you accept the definition of anti-semitism?

Do you not think that the people that have been targets of abuse, have a pretty good idea of how to define it?

I don’t think anyone has or could manage to accurately define exactly what is or isn’t offensive because it depends on the situation and the context

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 16 with 1860 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:41 - Sep 16 by yesjohn99

No he didn't say it. But he refuses to condemn the person who did, and instead is one of his biggest cheerleaders.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:02 - Sep 16 with 1850 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:49 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

Nope, never used those words mate despite the smear tactics used by some on here

Nobody has claimed you said those words. Now stop weaseling.

When are you going to condemn it Paz? Never?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:03 - Sep 16 with 1845 viewsjaseitfc2015

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 17:57 - Sep 16 by yesjohn99

last time I looked neither.

In my eyes no one of any colour or creed can be excused with saying such offensive terms.

That is all.

Clueless
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:04 - Sep 16 with 1844 viewseireblue

No, he didn’t.

But he seems to struggle with allowing a minority group to define “bum boy” as homophobic.

To me, he is, displaying an example of white privilege.

Somewhat like another poster that checked with a couple of mates who are ex-police to see if the police force are institutional racist. Apparently, BAME people shouldn’t be concerned.

Just like the OP and a few others, that think action against racism, should be done in away that is convenient for themselves.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:04 - Sep 16 with 1838 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:02 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

Nobody has claimed you said those words. Now stop weaseling.

When are you going to condemn it Paz? Never?

As I’ve said multiple times. My thoughts on the subject are contained within the thread in question. I have nothing to add to what I said in there

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:06 - Sep 16 with 1832 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:04 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

As I’ve said multiple times. My thoughts on the subject are contained within the thread in question. I have nothing to add to what I said in there

So you don't condemn it and wish everyone would forget about it.

Bad luck for you Paz. Not going to happen.

At this point it's clear why you won't address any of the points put to you (and not just by me).

Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:08 - Sep 16 with 1815 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:06 - Sep 16 by SpruceMoose

So you don't condemn it and wish everyone would forget about it.

Bad luck for you Paz. Not going to happen.

At this point it's clear why you won't address any of the points put to you (and not just by me).

I don’t wish everyone would forget about it, the amount of times I have referred people to it tells you that.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:12 - Sep 16 with 1811 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:03 - Sep 16 by yesjohn99

It would help me out a great deal as I genuinely don’t know the answer. I cannot use the N word to describe someone (neither would I ever want to), but jay z and Kanye can.

The N word should be out of bounds for anyone. We are talking about 'Norwich' here, aren't we?

It's all about intention and tone. Ni**er is NEVER* meant in a friendly way by non-blacks who use it. It's had decades of use as a racial slur, through times of apartheid and when black people were widely seen as an inferior species. If the black community want to take it back and use it in their own way, that's up to them.

I still can't get my head around some people busting a gut to try and prove that racism doesn't exist. You only have to listen to black people's stories to know it exists. I don't mind genuine discussion about BLM and whether the individuals in it are all kosha, or about whether socio-economic factors are as big or a bigger challenge to opportunities. But people actively trying to discredit BLM's message or deny that racism is a problem are clearly wrong-uns. Sorry, not aimed at you - I've just seen a lot of efforts lately to smear BLM, play the man not the ball etc., that don't seem genuine.

*or very, very rarely, and certainly never by the people who's defence is "well black people can use it...")

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:15 - Sep 16 with 1795 viewsyesjohn99

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:12 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

The N word should be out of bounds for anyone. We are talking about 'Norwich' here, aren't we?

It's all about intention and tone. Ni**er is NEVER* meant in a friendly way by non-blacks who use it. It's had decades of use as a racial slur, through times of apartheid and when black people were widely seen as an inferior species. If the black community want to take it back and use it in their own way, that's up to them.

I still can't get my head around some people busting a gut to try and prove that racism doesn't exist. You only have to listen to black people's stories to know it exists. I don't mind genuine discussion about BLM and whether the individuals in it are all kosha, or about whether socio-economic factors are as big or a bigger challenge to opportunities. But people actively trying to discredit BLM's message or deny that racism is a problem are clearly wrong-uns. Sorry, not aimed at you - I've just seen a lot of efforts lately to smear BLM, play the man not the ball etc., that don't seem genuine.

*or very, very rarely, and certainly never by the people who's defence is "well black people can use it...")

Racism is bad. End of.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:18 - Sep 16 with 1779 viewsnoggin

I wonder how the op now feels about his over 100 down votes.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:35 - Sep 16 with 1747 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:49 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

No one has said you used those words. I made it crystal clear in my post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:38 - Sep 16 with 1737 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:35 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Quite. It's just a desperate attempt to play the victim card.

So many posts and Paz still won't simply and clearly say 'It's wrong to call gay men bumboys and Black people picaninnies'.

The logical follow on question to that is: Why?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:33 - Sep 16 with 1670 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:35 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

Never said you did mate, someone asked if I had so I told them I hadn’t.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:09 - Sep 16 with 1636 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:33 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

Never said you did mate, someone asked if I had so I told them I hadn’t.

'despite the smear tactics used by some on here'

I understand you didn't say me but I haven't seen anyone else suggest you said that either.

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:46 - Sep 16 with 1585 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:09 - Sep 16 by J2BLUE

'despite the smear tactics used by some on here'

I understand you didn't say me but I haven't seen anyone else suggest you said that either.

The guy in question thought I had said it because some on here (not thinking of you now) bring it up on every post I comment on ...

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:52 - Sep 16 with 1575 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:46 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

The guy in question thought I had said it because some on here (not thinking of you now) bring it up on every post I comment on ...

And yet you still won't condemn it.

Why?

And the other thread has nothing to do with it because you didn't condemn it there either.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:57 - Sep 16 with 1561 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:53 - Sep 16 by 26_Paz

I don’t think anyone has or could manage to accurately define exactly what is or isn’t offensive because it depends on the situation and the context

What does this even mean ffs?

You keep saying 'It depends on the context!' but refuse to give us a context in which you consider it to be OK to use racist and homophobic terms other than when Boris Johnson says them.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2020 22:57]

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:11 - Sep 16 with 1546 viewsMelford

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:12 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

The thing I've used to explain to people is the only time I've been treated like s*it by the police and been herded around, searched for no reason, chucked out for no reason, seen mates and family nicked for ***k all, not allowed to do stuff is when I've gone to football away, especially to narwich. They speak to you and treat you in a way they wouldn't do to 'normal' people just going about their day. But we choose to do that and at the end of the day the Town shirt comes off and we are part of respectable society again. If you're treated like an Ipswich fan in narwich everyday and you can't hide your shirt is the closest I can equate it to from a personal point of view.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 06:52 - Sep 17 with 1456 viewsMaySixth

Presumably you don't wear a poppy at Rembrance Day then

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:11 - Sep 21 with 1275 viewsITFC_1988

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:01 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

It’s going to have to stop at some point. Can’t carry on doing it forever

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237179

"The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge," Ferdinand said in a statement on the club website.'

"Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted.

"In the same way 'Clap For Carers' was very emotional for us all, it got to a stage where it had run its natural course and the decision was rightly made to stop it.

"Does that mean we, as a nation, don't care or appreciate our NHS workers? Of course it doesn't.

"No-one is more passionate than me about this topic. I have spoken on the matter throughout my footballing life.

According to some on here - Les Ferdinand must therefore, be racist
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:33 - Sep 21 with 1238 viewsnoggin

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:11 - Sep 21 by ITFC_1988

"The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge," Ferdinand said in a statement on the club website.'

"Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted.

"In the same way 'Clap For Carers' was very emotional for us all, it got to a stage where it had run its natural course and the decision was rightly made to stop it.

"Does that mean we, as a nation, don't care or appreciate our NHS workers? Of course it doesn't.

"No-one is more passionate than me about this topic. I have spoken on the matter throughout my footballing life.

Yet here we are, still talking about it.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:42 - Sep 21 with 1220 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:33 - Sep 21 by noggin

Yet here we are, still talking about it.

ironic really

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:49 - Sep 21 with 1207 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 15:11 - Sep 21 by ITFC_1988

Apples and oranges. Ferdinand is saying it's diluted. He's saying racism has to be fought in another way and it's time to move on. If you look back several posters were given the chance to say this is what they meant. They didn't because it wasn't what they meant. They agreed with the sentiment that it was 'months ago' and we should get over it.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024