Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 57715 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:56 - Sep 13 with 2745 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:32 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Could you explain that comment please? Are you accusing me of something?

Yes.

You make no end of excuses for racists. You vote for racists.

People can draw their own conclusions.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:02 - Sep 13 with 2720 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:56 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Yes.

Accidental down arrow, sorry bro.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 2714 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:56 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Yes.

Non accidental up arrow.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 2710 viewsfactual_blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:46 - Sep 13 by clive_baker

This thread is like a who’s who of TWTD bigots.

ROOL BRETANYA!!

bawls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:04 - Sep 13 with 2713 viewsMattinLondon

And since ‘months ago’ my mum has been openly racially abused and my dad (who is white) has overheard several racist jokes in shops and on the street.

Never underestimate the power which empathy has on differing sections of society. To some, taking a knee may well seem like PC nonsense or left-wing extremism - but to some the belief that the national sport is saying that black people matter is hugely powerful.

When politicians play the race card negativity such as Farage sailing out to sea defending the country then he is playing to the tune of fear and bigotry. But showing support for BLM means something and I, for one, am grateful.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:06 - Sep 13 with 2701 viewsCoco

this kind of bewildering and wilful ignorance is exactly the reason why. Moron.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:11 - Sep 13 with 2679 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Absolutely not what I said. You have wilfully misconstrued my point. What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated.

No, you said it adds fuel to those who "think it's all PC nonsense" which in this context is those who are on the side of the racists rather than those protesting against racism. If you are on the side of the racists rather than the side of those protesting against racism then you are a racist by association. There's no neutral position when it comes to racism, either you oppose it or you support it.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:13 - Sep 13 with 2669 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Absolutely not what I said. You have wilfully misconstrued my point. What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated.

People should probably stop wearing poppies and having two minute silences then yea?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 20:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:19 - Sep 13 with 2648 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:13 - Sep 13 by eireblue

People should probably stop wearing poppies and having two minute silences then yea?

And remember come next 9/11, All Buildings Matter.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:26 - Sep 13 with 2623 viewsnoggin

What was months ago?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:29 - Sep 13 with 2609 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:26 - Sep 13 by noggin

What was months ago?

Covid. I'm off to a massive party.

(FAO idiots - This is sarcasm)

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:40 - Sep 13 with 2583 viewsSwailsey

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 18:36 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

My heart would be so broken I would never be seen again.

Can I then move in and take someone’s place?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:42 - Sep 13 with 2573 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:40 - Sep 13 by Swailsey

Can I then move in and take someone’s place?

You already have a place in my heart. Behind a door I cannot open. The key dangled just out of reach by a grinning lion wearing a top hat and asking me if i'm not entertained.

Truly impaired.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:43 - Sep 13 with 2568 viewsSwailsey

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:42 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

You already have a place in my heart. Behind a door I cannot open. The key dangled just out of reach by a grinning lion wearing a top hat and asking me if i'm not entertained.

I’ll take that win.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:27 - Sep 13 with 2503 viewssyntaxerror

Its quite simple, that is for the players to decide.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:47 - Sep 13 with 2468 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:13 - Sep 13 by eireblue

They don’t do that every week ...

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:49 - Sep 13 with 2462 views26_Paz

Yes.

You really are that simplistic aren’t you

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:54 - Sep 13 with 2447 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 20:11 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

No, you said it adds fuel to those who "think it's all PC nonsense" which in this context is those who are on the side of the racists rather than those protesting against racism. If you are on the side of the racists rather than the side of those protesting against racism then you are a racist by association. There's no neutral position when it comes to racism, either you oppose it or you support it.

You really need to think about things more rather than just repeating what you think sounds good. I’m trying to give an opinion on how they can make sure the gesture doesn’t lose its relevance. Just because I’m not blindly repeating the same views as you and your mates it doesn’t make me a raving racist

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 2443 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:49 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

You really are that simplistic aren’t you

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:55 - Sep 13 with 2441 viewsHerbivore

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:54 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

You really need to think about things more rather than just repeating what you think sounds good. I’m trying to give an opinion on how they can make sure the gesture doesn’t lose its relevance. Just because I’m not blindly repeating the same views as you and your mates it doesn’t make me a raving racist

You're not cool enough to go raving.

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:56 - Sep 13 with 2436 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:47 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

They don’t do that every week ...

Your point wasn't the frequency, it was the repetition.

"What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated."

What frequency would be acceptable to you, as a person of white privilege, for the people that want to make a point about current and continued racism?
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:56 - Sep 13 with 2435 viewsBryanPlug

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:55 - Sep 13 by Herbivore

You're not cool enough to go raving.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:59 - Sep 13 with 2419 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:56 - Sep 13 by eireblue

Your point wasn't the frequency, it was the repetition.

"What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated."

What frequency would be acceptable to you, as a person of white privilege, for the people that want to make a point about current and continued racism?

Sorry? The fact they repeat it means it has a higher frequency which dilutes the potency of the message

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:00 - Sep 13 with 2418 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:55 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

It is the recipients of certain behaviour that get to decide if behaviour is racist and the perpetrator is a racist.

A person can't arbitrarily just announce they are not racist and for that to have meaning.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 22:03 - Sep 13 with 2409 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 21:55 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

Why is Baldrick's "are you a German spy?" line popping into my head...

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024