Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? 17:45 - Sep 13 with 1049 viewsIllinoisblue

Surely at some point a club or two is going to fold? How can any business survive with no paying fans?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 17:57 - Sep 13 with 1011 viewsTendring_Blue

I would say about December. Lots of financial cans have been kicked down the road. We can't compete the season without fans or a very large bailout.
How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 18:04 - Sep 13 with 980 viewsbrogansnose

It's seemingly inevitable that some clubs will fold with some of them becoming those further up the foodchain's second feeder cum reserves with clubs effectively Man City 2. Ideally big clubs would help others but the probability of that happening is, without wanting to be overly cynical, about zero.
How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 18:09 - Sep 13 with 968 viewsAce_High1

I was thinking about this the other day.

When the league ended earlier this year we heard the reasoning of many clubs in L1 and L2 was because they could not afford to play on without fans.

But when we started the new season I have not seen or heard any talk of the financial issues - have they gone away - have the EFL come up with some funds to bail out clubs?

Seems strange to me that the Accrington's etc who could not play on are now starting the new season.
How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 19:26 - Sep 13 with 830 viewsIllinoisblue

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 18:09 - Sep 13 by Ace_High1

I was thinking about this the other day.

When the league ended earlier this year we heard the reasoning of many clubs in L1 and L2 was because they could not afford to play on without fans.

But when we started the new season I have not seen or heard any talk of the financial issues - have they gone away - have the EFL come up with some funds to bail out clubs?

Seems strange to me that the Accrington's etc who could not play on are now starting the new season.

Yeah it seems like the conversation around money has vanished. Take us, by midweek we’ll have had four home games in a week and a half with no fans. Prob would have been 5k for EFL Trophy, prob 7k or 8k for Fulham. Not big numbers but still thousands in revenue we’re losing. Despite all the stick he gets, have to feel for Evans.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 19:31 - Sep 13 with 810 viewsScuzzer

To be pedantic...the clubs do have fans still. Just not in the stadium.

Established 1968

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 19:42 - Sep 13 with 785 viewsSteve_M

Yes. With a lesser prospect of fans back watching matches this year now than even a week ago it doesn’t look encouraging. One year of paying for matches I can’t watch might be a necessary cost but it’s hard to see many being willing to do so for a second season if it came to that.

Did our players ever take a pay cut last season? I presume more and that, in itself, is troubling. The largest cost for any club and no reduction despite the loss of income.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 19:43 - Sep 13 with 780 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

How much longer can clubs survive with no fans? on 19:47 - Sep 13 with 757 viewsPippin1970

Tottswich I can see it coming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024