Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. 12:17 - Sep 14 with 1985 viewsCoco

lol. soz. Thankfully i didn't have anything more embarrassing on my clipboard.

-what it should have read. He will majestic this season and then f off for pastures new. The Rolls Royce engine appears to have been properly serviced at last!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 12:33]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 12:21 - Sep 14 with 1930 viewsSuperblue95

Why?

Is he leaving us to become an Amazon Echo Plus salesman?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 12:53 - Sep 14 with 1791 viewsBluefish

I've been saying this a while, it is not a good situation here. He needs to sign a new contract ASAP or he can talk to clubs in a couple of months and we will lose him. I just hope PRP can convince him that he does trust young players after all

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:17 - Sep 14 with 1583 viewsCoco

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 12:53 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

I've been saying this a while, it is not a good situation here. He needs to sign a new contract ASAP or he can talk to clubs in a couple of months and we will lose him. I just hope PRP can convince him that he does trust young players after all

I fear the damage is done.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:30 - Sep 14 with 1515 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:17 - Sep 14 by Coco

I fear the damage is done.

Me too. He is the equivalent of a loan player

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:31 - Sep 14 with 1515 viewsitfcjoe

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:30 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

Me too. He is the equivalent of a loan player

If he starts every game, and has a non-promotion release clause in it then think he'll sign one - he wants to play and succeed here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:34 - Sep 14 with 1491 viewsFixed_It

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:31 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

If he starts every game, and has a non-promotion release clause in it then think he'll sign one - he wants to play and succeed here

Good point about a clause. This SHOULD be his season to shine.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:34 - Sep 14 with 1492 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:31 - Sep 14 by itfcjoe

The issue is he will want to start every game for a few months to be certain, by that time he is free to speak to other clubs and receive offers. If he plays well he gets a bigger move, if he plays badly he will be out the side and want to go anyway. It is not a good situation. He should have gone out on loan in the Hurst summer

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:36 - Sep 14 with 1478 viewsclive_baker

Not so sure about that. A few months is a long time in football, if we're looking strong and he's starting games in his preferred position as appears to be Lambert's thinking, then I think a new contract would be an attractive proposition. If he wants to be a regular starter for a Championship club next season, then I would argue his best chance of achieving that might be staying put and tearing it up for the next 7 months.

If we have a season anything like last year and we finish 11th with him not playing then fair play to him, move on and do it somewhere else.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:41 - Sep 14 with 1442 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:36 - Sep 14 by clive_baker

Not so sure about that. A few months is a long time in football, if we're looking strong and he's starting games in his preferred position as appears to be Lambert's thinking, then I think a new contract would be an attractive proposition. If he wants to be a regular starter for a Championship club next season, then I would argue his best chance of achieving that might be staying put and tearing it up for the next 7 months.

If we have a season anything like last year and we finish 11th with him not playing then fair play to him, move on and do it somewhere else.

Tear it up for 7 months and the offers will flood in to take him away and pay far more than we can
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 14:42]

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:56 - Sep 14 with 1388 viewsStokieBlue

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:41 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

Tear it up for 7 months and the offers will flood in to take him away and pay far more than we can

If he "tears it up" for 7 months then we will likely be in a strong position to get promoted and then the salary cap is no longer relevant and we should be able to compete on wages.

You can't take into account only half the equation at that point.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:57 - Sep 14 with 1380 viewsMetal_Hacker

Same with any player

Poll: If it were one or the other

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:59 - Sep 14 with 1365 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:57 - Sep 14 by Metal_Hacker

Same with any player

Err no not really. Most players don't have a wonderful pedigree before they have established themselves a role and are in the final year of their deal.

Yes they can still leave like flynn but we would have slightly more say in it and at least recoup a fee related to the performance levels

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:00 - Sep 14 with 1358 viewsMetal_Hacker

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:59 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

Err no not really. Most players don't have a wonderful pedigree before they have established themselves a role and are in the final year of their deal.

Yes they can still leave like flynn but we would have slightly more say in it and at least recoup a fee related to the performance levels

Point being , any player that "rips it up" are always and will always be at risk of going

Poll: If it were one or the other

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:00 - Sep 14 with 1353 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 14:56 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

If he "tears it up" for 7 months then we will likely be in a strong position to get promoted and then the salary cap is no longer relevant and we should be able to compete on wages.

You can't take into account only half the equation at that point.

SB

But our offer on the table won't know that, other clubs can guarantee that

We are relying hugely on his roots because money is going to be on offer elsewhere

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:07 - Sep 14 with 1326 viewsStokieBlue

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:00 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

But our offer on the table won't know that, other clubs can guarantee that

We are relying hugely on his roots because money is going to be on offer elsewhere

You said 7 months in your response (although not initially), that's almost May, the season will be almost completed and we will know what division we are in - especially if he's "tearing it up".

There is of course a risk of losing him but there is nothing we can do about that. He didn't merit a place last season given his performances but if he is playing regularly and there is a chance of promotion then he may decide actually playing is more important. He could still wait and see before deciding his future. I am not sure how sending him out on load last season or even the season before changes any of the parameters in the equation.

We simply don't know.

SB
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 15:23]

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:13 - Sep 14 with 1290 viewsBluefish

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:07 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

You said 7 months in your response (although not initially), that's almost May, the season will be almost completed and we will know what division we are in - especially if he's "tearing it up".

There is of course a risk of losing him but there is nothing we can do about that. He didn't merit a place last season given his performances but if he is playing regularly and there is a chance of promotion then he may decide actually playing is more important. He could still wait and see before deciding his future. I am not sure how sending him out on load last season or even the season before changes any of the parameters in the equation.

We simply don't know.

SB
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 15:23]

Umm I didnt start the thread and I didn't start the 7 months

Enjoy your whinge and moan though

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:22 - Sep 14 with 1246 viewsStokieBlue

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:13 - Sep 14 by Bluefish

Umm I didnt start the thread and I didn't start the 7 months

Enjoy your whinge and moan though

Indeed you didn't, my mistake and edited accordingly.

The general points still stand though. It's simply too early to speculate on what might happen, lets wait 2 months and see how he is playing before it's worth worrying about.

SB
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 15:24]

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:28 - Sep 14 with 1199 viewsclive_baker

It's not all about money, I'm sure if we look like we're heading up we'll be in a position to offer him something compelling. It's not an ideal situation to let any player go into their final year of contract, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he's playing for us next season. Obviously that's less likely if we're still in L1 and he's attracting the attention of suitors higher up the pyramid.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Enjoy Dozzell this season guys and gals. on 15:54 - Sep 14 with 1072 viewsIpswichKnight

Interesting thought here, what happens if he indicates in January that he's not going to sign a new contract, should we then continue to play him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024