Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. 17:20 - Sep 14 with 4961 viewsnoggin

BJ looks like a naughty schoolboy.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:24 - Sep 14 with 3040 viewsBlueBadger

Boris has no shame.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:29 - Sep 14 with 3017 viewsSpruceMoose

Would have had a very different UK now I imagine if the right hadn't run their propaganda campaign over how to eat a bacon sandwich.

What could have been...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:30 - Sep 14 with 3004 viewsBlueBadger

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:29 - Sep 14 by SpruceMoose

Would have had a very different UK now I imagine if the right hadn't run their propaganda campaign over how to eat a bacon sandwich.

What could have been...

Yes, but think of all the new grounds we'll be able to visit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:30 - Sep 14 with 3004 viewsStokieBlue

Ref should have stepped in after the third knockdown as per the Queensbury rules.

Total humiliation and totally deserved. Unfortunately not enough people will see him getting ripped to shreds and I suspect many simply won't care.

The Hong Kong point was especially brutal. The obvious hypocrisy seems totally lost on him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:00 - Sep 14 with 2920 viewssolomon

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 17:24 - Sep 14 by BlueBadger

Boris has no shame.

You can add morals to that too
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:04 - Sep 14 with 2907 viewsDanTheMan

Has anybody got any links they can share, feel like I may have missed all of it.

Although I've seen a small clip of Millibands speech and Boris' body language makes me actually fairly mad. Slumped in his seat, staring downward and huffing like a child being scolded.

EDIT: Just seen a few more, some of it is brutal. Shame it's unlikely to amount to much.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 18:08]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:10 - Sep 14 with 2889 viewsgordon

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:04 - Sep 14 by DanTheMan

Has anybody got any links they can share, feel like I may have missed all of it.

Although I've seen a small clip of Millibands speech and Boris' body language makes me actually fairly mad. Slumped in his seat, staring downward and huffing like a child being scolded.

EDIT: Just seen a few more, some of it is brutal. Shame it's unlikely to amount to much.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

I think if you go back in time on this link to about 5pm you get it from the start. The best bits are the cuts to Boris.
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:13 - Sep 14 with 2882 viewsHARRY10

Here we are my good fellow

Milliband is up on his hind legs at around 16.59

Johnson is way out of his depth - huffing and puffing, playing to the gallery etc merely highlights his ineptness

Time to go fatboy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcparliament?rewindTo=current

update

it is clear Johnson hasn't a clue about what is in the bill, or the implications - he has stood up and made a complete arse of himself and is now sitting slumped while Milliband pulls him and the bill apart bit by bit

it is like watching an astrologer, against an astronomer
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 18:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:07 - Sep 14 with 2764 viewsHARRY10

This id the most clinical dissection I have seen for many a long year- harks back to Howes resignation speech to Thatcher,

This is not Johnson failing to deal with problems that have arisen (covid), but digging deeper when in a hole of his own making.

It's clear he doesn't really understand this, and is only backing it because he has been told that the EU will now back down

This reckoning was inevitable, the only real question being, why has it taken so long ?
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:19 - Sep 14 with 2729 viewsDanTheMan

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:07 - Sep 14 by HARRY10

This id the most clinical dissection I have seen for many a long year- harks back to Howes resignation speech to Thatcher,

This is not Johnson failing to deal with problems that have arisen (covid), but digging deeper when in a hole of his own making.

It's clear he doesn't really understand this, and is only backing it because he has been told that the EU will now back down

This reckoning was inevitable, the only real question being, why has it taken so long ?

The thing is you say reckoning, but I genuinely believe this will just sail through with not too much bother (at least tonight).

At least some of them have some backbone left though. Nice to see.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:28 - Sep 14 with 2708 viewsjaseitfc2015

if only Ed was elected in 2015.... wed be in a much better place
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:30 - Sep 14 with 2705 viewsHARRY10

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:19 - Sep 14 by DanTheMan

The thing is you say reckoning, but I genuinely believe this will just sail through with not too much bother (at least tonight).

It i not the bill, though lord alone knows what chaos will follow if it is passed next week

It is the damage Johnson has done to himself with this gaping self inflicted wound. To unite so many sides of the Tory party against it, and him does not bode well. Not when they are in agreement with Labour, Libs, SNP etc and a whole host of legal experts.

It smacks of a PM not in control nor knowing his brief
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:41 - Sep 14 with 2662 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:19 - Sep 14 by DanTheMan

Yes, this is neither here nor there for the Bill as it will easily go through. And it won’t change anything in the short term. I’d like to think this whole debacle may plant a few seeds of doubt in a few Tory heads in the Commons though. Anything that helps to strip away Boris’ facade is a plus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 20:24 - Sep 14 with 2580 viewsHARRY10

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:41 - Sep 14 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, this is neither here nor there for the Bill as it will easily go through. And it won’t change anything in the short term. I’d like to think this whole debacle may plant a few seeds of doubt in a few Tory heads in the Commons though. Anything that helps to strip away Boris’ facade is a plus.

I beg to differ, it still has to go through the Lords and deal with both their and the lower houses amendments.

And there is another week before it comes up for the final vote -and the full implications will certainly keep, MPs in trays and in boxes full - and with covid looking to cause more 'disruption and the brexit shambles growing worse by the day*, this is not a time to be setting party members against each other

As said, a week is a long time in politics

* The scale of disruption predicted to hit UK borders post-Brexit is revealed in confidential government documents warning of queues of 7,000 lorries in Kent, and two-day delays to cross into the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/14/official-post-brexit-report-war
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 2581 viewssyntaxerror

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 19:28 - Sep 14 by jaseitfc2015

if only Ed was elected in 2015.... wed be in a much better place

Ed is at his best there, very worthy stand it for Starmer today.
Even the Torygraph seemed in awe...

Behind a paywall, but the headline says enough

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/14/seven-stone-weakling-strutting-m
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 20:48 - Sep 14 with 2509 viewsghostofescobar

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 18:00 - Sep 14 by solomon

You can add morals to that too

And intelligence. And ethics. And hard work. And empathy. And wit.

GhostOfEscobar

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 23:47 - Sep 14 with 2308 viewsreusersfreekicks

Miliband has more ability and integrity than in his little finger than Johnson and the rest of his cronies have. How sickening that he was done in by the press, and some on here , when he would be 100x the PM this idiot is.
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 23:58 - Sep 14 with 2297 viewsitfc_bucks

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 23:47 - Sep 14 by reusersfreekicks

Miliband has more ability and integrity than in his little finger than Johnson and the rest of his cronies have. How sickening that he was done in by the press, and some on here , when he would be 100x the PM this idiot is.

Rather like Corbyn, many of Ed's shortcomings were self inflicted, if mercilessly picked apart by the right wing press.

Similarly Johnson's. It surely can't be long before the Mail/Tory graph & 1922 end this charade?
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 00:41 - Sep 15 with 2275 viewsHARRY10

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 20:25 - Sep 14 by syntaxerror

Ed is at his best there, very worthy stand it for Starmer today.
Even the Torygraph seemed in awe...

Behind a paywall, but the headline says enough

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/09/14/seven-stone-weakling-strutting-m

Telegraph - 14th Sept

"During the crucial debate on Brexit, Boris Johnson looked on in bewilderment as the former Labour leader came out fighting

Ed Miliband. You remember. Labour leader a few years back. Gawky. Geeky. Invariably addressed the Commons in a spluttering, strangulated squawk, like an over-excited chicken.

Well, he’s back. For a moment, anyway. With Sir Keir Starmer forced into self-isolation at the last minute, after a family member was required to take a Covid test, Mr Miliband took the Labour leader’s place at the dispatch box this evening (Monday).

Boris Johnson, no doubt, was thanking his lucky stars. He was facing a tough enough night as it was, with Tory MPs threatening to rebel against his controversial new plan for Brexit. So the last thing he needed was a stringent cross-examination from Sir Keir. Weedy Mr Miliband, by contrast, would be a doddle.

So Mr Johnson must have assumed, at any rate. That is not, however, the way it turned out. Quite the contrary. Instead, the Commons goggled, befuddled, as the most improbable metamorphosis began to take place.

It was like watching a live-action version of a Charles Atlas ad. Before MPs’ very eyes, Mr Miliband appeared to be transforming from seven-stone weakling to strutting muscleman.

Not literally, you understand. Basketball-sized biceps did not erupt through the arms of Mr Miliband’s jacket, nor did his torso swell up like some monstrous airbed. He looked as dweebish and spindly as ever.

Yet, as a rhetorical combatant, he was displaying a verve and a swagger never glimpsed when he was Leader of the Opposition. There was none of the old squeaking, hot-faced sanctimony. This time, his manner was smooth. His put downs were sharp. His logic was coolly methodical. And his arguments went unanswered.

Mr Johnson, noted Mr Miliband, was now denouncing a Brexit deal that he himself had negotiated and hailed as a triumph. He was calling it a terrible deal for Northern Ireland — having previously told voters it was “a great deal for Northern Ireland”, which handled the problems of the border “particular respect and sensitivity”. Either Mr Johnson “wasn’t straight with the country about the deal in the first place, or he didn’t understand it”.

In any case, added Mr Miliband, Mr Johnson’s new plan would do nothing to solve the problems he claimed the deal had created. “This bill does precisely nothing to address the transport of food from Great Britain to Northern Ireland,” said Mr Miliband. “If the Prime Minister wants to tell us there’s another part of this bill that I haven’t noticed, I’ll very happily give way to him. I’m sure he knows it in detail, because he’s a details man.”

With theatrical mock-gallantry, Mr Miliband invited the Prime Minister to reply. In silence, Mr Johnson scowled at his phone, and remained seated.

“There you have it,” said Mr Miliband. “He didn’t read the Northern Ireland Protocol, and now he hasn’t read his own bill…”

Labour MPs hooted and honked. Tories, meanwhile, just looked glum. Duffed up by the school swot. I’m not sure which side of the House was the more surprised."
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 2:16]
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 02:28 - Sep 15 with 2234 viewsJ2BLUE

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 00:41 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

Telegraph - 14th Sept

"During the crucial debate on Brexit, Boris Johnson looked on in bewilderment as the former Labour leader came out fighting

Ed Miliband. You remember. Labour leader a few years back. Gawky. Geeky. Invariably addressed the Commons in a spluttering, strangulated squawk, like an over-excited chicken.

Well, he’s back. For a moment, anyway. With Sir Keir Starmer forced into self-isolation at the last minute, after a family member was required to take a Covid test, Mr Miliband took the Labour leader’s place at the dispatch box this evening (Monday).

Boris Johnson, no doubt, was thanking his lucky stars. He was facing a tough enough night as it was, with Tory MPs threatening to rebel against his controversial new plan for Brexit. So the last thing he needed was a stringent cross-examination from Sir Keir. Weedy Mr Miliband, by contrast, would be a doddle.

So Mr Johnson must have assumed, at any rate. That is not, however, the way it turned out. Quite the contrary. Instead, the Commons goggled, befuddled, as the most improbable metamorphosis began to take place.

It was like watching a live-action version of a Charles Atlas ad. Before MPs’ very eyes, Mr Miliband appeared to be transforming from seven-stone weakling to strutting muscleman.

Not literally, you understand. Basketball-sized biceps did not erupt through the arms of Mr Miliband’s jacket, nor did his torso swell up like some monstrous airbed. He looked as dweebish and spindly as ever.

Yet, as a rhetorical combatant, he was displaying a verve and a swagger never glimpsed when he was Leader of the Opposition. There was none of the old squeaking, hot-faced sanctimony. This time, his manner was smooth. His put downs were sharp. His logic was coolly methodical. And his arguments went unanswered.

Mr Johnson, noted Mr Miliband, was now denouncing a Brexit deal that he himself had negotiated and hailed as a triumph. He was calling it a terrible deal for Northern Ireland — having previously told voters it was “a great deal for Northern Ireland”, which handled the problems of the border “particular respect and sensitivity”. Either Mr Johnson “wasn’t straight with the country about the deal in the first place, or he didn’t understand it”.

In any case, added Mr Miliband, Mr Johnson’s new plan would do nothing to solve the problems he claimed the deal had created. “This bill does precisely nothing to address the transport of food from Great Britain to Northern Ireland,” said Mr Miliband. “If the Prime Minister wants to tell us there’s another part of this bill that I haven’t noticed, I’ll very happily give way to him. I’m sure he knows it in detail, because he’s a details man.”

With theatrical mock-gallantry, Mr Miliband invited the Prime Minister to reply. In silence, Mr Johnson scowled at his phone, and remained seated.

“There you have it,” said Mr Miliband. “He didn’t read the Northern Ireland Protocol, and now he hasn’t read his own bill…”

Labour MPs hooted and honked. Tories, meanwhile, just looked glum. Duffed up by the school swot. I’m not sure which side of the House was the more surprised."

He looked as dweebish and spindly as ever.

Telegraph getting desperate. What relevance is this? D1ckheads.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 07:28 - Sep 15 with 2115 viewseastangliaisblue

Just read a ridiculous article from the Daily Mail, saying Ed Miliband debates the same way he eats a bacon sandwich, very awkwardly. What a load of sh1t, thing is most people reading that will take it as face value, without actually watching it.
Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 07:34 - Sep 15 with 2097 viewsHerbivore

None of it will make any difference. Most people won't have seen it and any Tory/Brexit voters who did will just say that Ed Milliband is a remoaner who won't get behind his own country. It's easily dismissed by the cultists. There undoubtedly are some in the party and a handful of Tory voters that find Johnson's lack of competence alarming but they continue to be prepared to overlook it for now and probably for quite some time. Since switching back to focusing on Brexit and getting upset that the deal they signed is a bad one, the Tories have reopened a lead on Labour in the polls. As mental as that is, that's the UK we're living in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 08:10 - Sep 15 with 2055 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 00:41 - Sep 15 by HARRY10

Telegraph - 14th Sept

Blimey. Not exactly Chaucer is it? State of that piece.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 08:15 - Sep 15 with 2046 viewsitfcjoe

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 07:34 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

None of it will make any difference. Most people won't have seen it and any Tory/Brexit voters who did will just say that Ed Milliband is a remoaner who won't get behind his own country. It's easily dismissed by the cultists. There undoubtedly are some in the party and a handful of Tory voters that find Johnson's lack of competence alarming but they continue to be prepared to overlook it for now and probably for quite some time. Since switching back to focusing on Brexit and getting upset that the deal they signed is a bad one, the Tories have reopened a lead on Labour in the polls. As mental as that is, that's the UK we're living in.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 08:30 - Sep 15 with 2011 viewspointofblue

Ed Miliband is shaming Boris. It's embarrassing. on 08:15 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Anyone want to point out to them Labour are currently voting in favour of a bill originally drawn up by the Conservative Party?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024