Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, 19:13 - Sep 14 with 2521 viewsBrixtonBlue

having missed the first 20 mins as I raced back from the in-laws in Birmingham.

The first one I agree he should've done better - hit the target at least. The second i don't think was a "sitter." He was a fair way out and central (so he'd have done well to get enough power and direction to beat Holy from there).

I honestly think Wilson's chance was a worse miss than those two. It was a sidefoot in! I also think Bishop was a bit unlucky with his one against the post (good save really) and Edwards' saved effort was nearer to being a goal than either of the Wigan defender's headers.

Not just a pop at people on here - my mate texted me they'd missed two sitters as well. Seeing them now, they weren't what I was expecting when I hear the word "sitter." Maybe the first, but the second you'd do well to beat Holy from there I think and "sitter" seems a bit OTT IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 19:49 - Sep 14 with 2423 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think any of their chances were sitters. Just good chances. As I said in my thread perhaps chances look better than they really are against us because it was a pattern last season that we would give chances away but rarely concede a shot on target. Maybe our pressure form of defending is enough at this level.

In the NFL one of the best defensive players is Aaron Donald. They put his stats up last night to highlight what a great game he had. The stats were something like 2 tackles (one for a loss and one sack for people understand NFL) and 9 'quarterback pressures'. Perhaps i'm talking complete rubbish but perhaps there is something in just putting enough pressure on to make a decent chance a difficult chance. We often see commentators talking about players having more time than they thought after they put it over the bar or wide of the post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 21:05 - Sep 14 with 2300 viewsCoastalblue

They're not sitters unless they lose at least one boot in the process of missing it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 21:09 - Sep 14 with 2287 viewsFixed_It

Neither were sitters. Their forward is blaming someone stood near him.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 2189 viewsBlueForYou

I respectfully think that any professional football player should gratefully bury chances like those two!
I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 22:13 - Sep 14 with 2167 viewsstrikalite

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 22:06 - Sep 14 by BlueForYou

I respectfully think that any professional football player should gratefully bury chances like those two!

I'm more concerned that professional footballers can't get the ball on the deck and string passes together, something you'd hoped they'd been doing daily in training...

(first twenty minutes especially)
I've seen the two on 07:36 - Sep 15 with 1909 viewshoppy

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 21:09 - Sep 14 by Fixed_It

Neither were sitters. Their forward is blaming someone stood near him.

They were near the goal, but not in the goal.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 08:14 - Sep 15 with 1863 viewsitfcjoe

It's that he completely missed the target with free headers from 6 and 10 yards - get those on target and unless it hits the keeper he's going to do well to save them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 08:55 - Sep 15 with 1802 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 08:14 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

It's that he completely missed the target with free headers from 6 and 10 yards - get those on target and unless it hits the keeper he's going to do well to save them

I agree with the first but not the second. Have you watched it back again? Even if the second was on target I think Holy's saving it, or ought to be.

Wilson's was more of a sitter IMO.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:00 - Sep 15 with 1791 viewsHerbivore

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 08:14 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Yep. Both very good chances and there was decent pace on the crosses which meant he didn't have to generate a lot of power. That first one you'd expect to concede from more often than not, the second one is a bit further out but as a free header you'd expect to concede from that situation pretty often too. Lack of composure from the young defender luckily for us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:02 - Sep 15 with 1788 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:00 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Yep. Both very good chances and there was decent pace on the crosses which meant he didn't have to generate a lot of power. That first one you'd expect to concede from more often than not, the second one is a bit further out but as a free header you'd expect to concede from that situation pretty often too. Lack of composure from the young defender luckily for us.

Have you seen them back? I'd be pretty disappointed if Holy let the second one in and I also dispute there was all that much power in it.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:07 - Sep 15 with 1776 viewsitfcjoe

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 08:55 - Sep 15 by BrixtonBlue

I agree with the first but not the second. Have you watched it back again? Even if the second was on target I think Holy's saving it, or ought to be.

Wilson's was more of a sitter IMO.

Yeah, when i watched it back yesterday i was surprised how close the second one was - at the time felt like the edge of the box but was much much closer.

But any decent centre half on the end of that chance and they are scoring or forcing a very good save from the keeper - there is enough pace on the ball to be able to direct it either side of the keeper at a pace it's going to take a lot of luck to be able to save

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:12 - Sep 15 with 1759 viewsTractorWood

The first one is a free header from 4 yards and to me a sitter.

The second is a tough skill and more of should have maybe done better.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:12 - Sep 15 with 1758 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:07 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Yeah, when i watched it back yesterday i was surprised how close the second one was - at the time felt like the edge of the box but was much much closer.

But any decent centre half on the end of that chance and they are scoring or forcing a very good save from the keeper - there is enough pace on the ball to be able to direct it either side of the keeper at a pace it's going to take a lot of luck to be able to save

I still think it's a reasonably difficult chance to get the power and direction. The Wigan chap didn't get either.

I'm not saying it isn't a very good chance - just all I'd heard was they'd missed two sitters and I was expecting something a lot worse when I came to view it.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:13 - Sep 15 with 1756 viewsHerbivore

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:02 - Sep 15 by BrixtonBlue

Have you seen them back? I'd be pretty disappointed if Holy let the second one in and I also dispute there was all that much power in it.

Yes I've seen them back. Look at the pace at which the header flashed over the bar. If that's directed either side of Holy he's going to have to pull off a very good save to stop it and there's plenty of the goal he could have hit that would have given Holy no chance.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:14 - Sep 15 with 1752 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:12 - Sep 15 by TractorWood

The first one is a free header from 4 yards and to me a sitter.

The second is a tough skill and more of should have maybe done better.

Yeah having watched them back again, I do now think the first is a sitter. I agree with you, the second is a tough skill and certainly not a sitter.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:18 - Sep 15 with 1745 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:13 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Yes I've seen them back. Look at the pace at which the header flashed over the bar. If that's directed either side of Holy he's going to have to pull off a very good save to stop it and there's plenty of the goal he could have hit that would have given Holy no chance.

It loops over the bar and drops onto the second row of seats. Unless it's down into either corner I'd be hoping Holy would save that more times than not.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:23 - Sep 15 with 1738 viewsHerbivore

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 09:18 - Sep 15 by BrixtonBlue

It loops over the bar and drops onto the second row of seats. Unless it's down into either corner I'd be hoping Holy would save that more times than not.

Agree to disagree.

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 10:51 - Sep 15 with 1649 viewsVaughan8

It's weird how other people see things.

The first one is an "absolute sitter". Free header right in the area (just outside the 6 yard box?).

The second one has more pace on the cross I think, but still should be hitting the target. As someone else said, a decent header of the ball, at least one of those goes in.
I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 11:20 - Sep 15 with 1622 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've seen the two "sitters" now that the Wigan defender missed, on 10:51 - Sep 15 by Vaughan8

It's weird how other people see things.

The first one is an "absolute sitter". Free header right in the area (just outside the 6 yard box?).

The second one has more pace on the cross I think, but still should be hitting the target. As someone else said, a decent header of the ball, at least one of those goes in.

Yeah after watching them back I now agree the first one is a sitter. I think the second is tricky to score from unless you're someone like Alan Shearer. I certainly don't think that one's a sitter.

Maybe I'm biased because I've always been rubbish at heading!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024