Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Ward 20:11 - Sep 14 with 3081 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Was very impressed with him yesterday.

Had a lot more energy than I was expecting for a 35 year old. Offered an overlap on multiple occasions. It was only when sears chipped the two free kicks over did I miss Garbutt. Ward did a good job on debut.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Stephen Ward on 20:13 - Sep 14 with 3066 viewsJ2BLUE

His experience really showed. Decent signing if he can perform like that each week.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stephen Ward on 20:27 - Sep 14 with 3004 viewsHipsterectomy

Think we conceded a corner at one point and he was barking orders at the whole defence and everyone else who was marking.

Pretty surprising for a player in his first league game for a club.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Stephen Ward on 20:30 - Sep 14 with 2979 viewsChrisd

He seems like he’s going to prove a very shrewd signing by PL. He’s building a very good partnership with Sears already, which is encouraging. Hoping we can establish something similar on the right hand side too once KVY is back with either AJ, GE or JL, although Chambers is doing a very decent job at RB currently.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stephen Ward on 20:31 - Sep 14 with 2971 viewsClapham_Junction

He's looked superb so far. Hope he can be kept fit all season.
Stephen Ward on 20:37 - Sep 14 with 2942 viewsBlockJJ

Garbutt still clubless... would have loved him on the pitch for those two free kicks but I have been very impressed with Ward!
Stephen Ward on 20:47 - Sep 14 with 2888 viewsclive_baker

He’s a huge step up from Garbutt defensively. I don’t think Garbutt is a full back really, he’s too suspect positionally and only got away with it last year because he scored a few goals. First and foremost we need a left back who can defend, and Ward very much can. Seems a real leader too, which is something else we desperately lacked.

Really impressed with him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stephen Ward on 21:04 - Sep 14 with 2826 viewsTieDyedIn95

Stephen Ward on 20:27 - Sep 14 by Hipsterectomy

Think we conceded a corner at one point and he was barking orders at the whole defence and everyone else who was marking.

Well to be fair theres no one at the club with his top level experience or having played regularly as an International like he had. He easily trumps Chambers and Skuse in the pecking order, both of which never ever threatened to play in the top flight in their 16 years as professionals.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Stephen Ward on 21:17 - Sep 14 with 2754 viewsHipsterectomy

Stephen Ward on 21:04 - Sep 14 by TieDyedIn95

Well to be fair theres no one at the club with his top level experience or having played regularly as an International like he had. He easily trumps Chambers and Skuse in the pecking order, both of which never ever threatened to play in the top flight in their 16 years as professionals.

Definitely. Also, he didn't seem like he was here for one final professional contract before quietly signing off his career.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Town player shouting instructions at others and organising people. Wonder what Chambers made of it.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Ward on 21:21 - Sep 14 with 2721 viewsSwansea_Blue

I missed yesterday, but he was outstanding against Rovers. Looks tobe an excellent signing and the best left back we've had for some time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stephen Ward on 21:59 - Sep 14 with 2608 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Stephen Ward on 21:17 - Sep 14 by Hipsterectomy

Definitely. Also, he didn't seem like he was here for one final professional contract before quietly signing off his career.

I can't remember the last time I saw a Town player shouting instructions at others and organising people. Wonder what Chambers made of it.

Big difference that and honestly we could do with a few more vocal players for the tough, gritty games in this division. Weirdly Garbutt would n't get in now in this system as Ward is the better defender and Garbutt would be better suited to LM in a 4 or wingback.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Stephen Ward on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 2572 viewsxrayspecs

Why?

He is an ex-international. He should be a big voice in our team.

Good addition.
Stephen Ward on 22:15 - Sep 14 with 2546 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Last time was James Collins. It is exactly what we have missed for a long time.

Not at all surprised from Ward but we still need more organisers in there.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stephen Ward on 06:41 - Sep 15 with 2155 viewsDinnernotTea

Looks like he will be a good player at this level. Only issue for me is he won't be able to play 46 league games at his age, look at his CV he hasn't done that in a long time. That's the risk of signing a 35 year old I guess. The 15 or so games he misses that's where we could throw away points with Kenlock coming in.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Stephen Ward on 07:44 - Sep 15 with 2056 viewsBlue_Armee

The quick free kick for the first goal is an example of a player who has played at the highest level. Wigan players totally switched off and even though Ward had to wait for the ball to be retrieved he played the ball quickly and caught Wigan out.

Well done Sears as well for being ready to receive the pass and make something of it

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Stephen Ward on 08:09 - Sep 15 with 2013 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Stephen Ward on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 2000 viewsitfcjoe

Probably quite relieved to have another voice on the pitch to share the load

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stephen Ward on 08:13 - Sep 15 with 1999 viewsBryanPlug

Stephen Ward on 07:44 - Sep 15 by Blue_Armee

The quick free kick for the first goal is an example of a player who has played at the highest level. Wigan players totally switched off and even though Ward had to wait for the ball to be retrieved he played the ball quickly and caught Wigan out.

Well done Sears as well for being ready to receive the pass and make something of it

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Stephen Ward on 09:00 - Sep 15 with 1907 viewshaynes_toe1

He was better than Stoke fans made out then again it was hard to tell against a Wigan side with no real potency to their attacks. Saying that, they should have probably scored a couple but you know what I mean.
Stephen Ward on 09:01 - Sep 15 with 1903 viewshaynes_toe1

Stephen Ward on 08:13 - Sep 15 by itfcjoe

Probably quite relieved to have another voice on the pitch to share the load

Was going to say, it's great to have more than one organiser in the 11
Stephen Ward on 11:17 - Sep 15 with 1775 viewsbournemouthblue

Stephen Ward on 20:37 - Sep 14 by BlockJJ

Garbutt still clubless... would have loved him on the pitch for those two free kicks but I have been very impressed with Ward!

The free kicks look like they could be an issue, I assume Judge is partly on the pitch for that reason

Is Lankester a set piece taker, from memory he had potential in that area?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stephen Ward on 12:05 - Sep 15 with 1741 viewstractorboy1978

Stephen Ward on 11:17 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

The free kicks look like they could be an issue, I assume Judge is partly on the pitch for that reason

Is Lankester a set piece taker, from memory he had potential in that area?

You wouldn't have been able to get the ball off Alan Judge when he was in his pomp at Brentford. I couldn't believe Sears was on them.
Stephen Ward on 12:10 - Sep 15 with 1723 viewsSomethingBlue

Very good signing, has the composure and game sense that we've lacked in that position for years. We'll need to manage him through the season, I'd have thought, but early impressions are that he's what we needed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024