Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? 10:42 - Sep 15 with 10394 viewsArnieM

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/taylor-on-downes-transfer-saga-1-6838407

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 5376 viewsUB9Blue

Sounds like it.
If so, I take it he will refuse his wages as well?
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 10:56 - Sep 15 with 5352 viewsMetal_Hacker

Yeah I have to say , it's starting to grate on me now

I'm hoping what we're being fed is partially the truth and we're not having the wool pulled over our eyes in relation to how Flynn is being . I get he's a young lad and could easily have his head turned BUT these sorts of scenarios follow the individual through their careers and clubs will make note of this and perhaps might take a wide berth in the future .He and his agent have got to be careful

If we're being fed BS then I'd totally back him if he's being ostracized which I would very much doubt

Either way there needs to be a resolve before it starts to have an impact on the rest of the squad and more importantly OUR results !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 10:59 - Sep 15 with 5338 viewsgordon

If I were ITFC I'd consider just selecting him against Fulham, tell him he's playing. If he's fit then he'd be contractually obliged to play. Given that he has about a month to convince someone to buy him, he's got a pretty big incentive to play well. Can't see what he gains from not playing, unless a bigger bid is on the table right now and he doesn't want to risk getting injured.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:01 - Sep 15 with 5333 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I think he's been advised really badly by his agent, to be honest. Told him this would force the move when Palace clearly won't meet our valuation.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:05 - Sep 15 with 5308 viewsnshearman1

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 10:56 - Sep 15 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah I have to say , it's starting to grate on me now

I'm hoping what we're being fed is partially the truth and we're not having the wool pulled over our eyes in relation to how Flynn is being . I get he's a young lad and could easily have his head turned BUT these sorts of scenarios follow the individual through their careers and clubs will make note of this and perhaps might take a wide berth in the future .He and his agent have got to be careful

If we're being fed BS then I'd totally back him if he's being ostracized which I would very much doubt

Either way there needs to be a resolve before it starts to have an impact on the rest of the squad and more importantly OUR results !

It seems to me that yet another new agent has started screwing things up. Who is s/he? They should be named and shamed. Some of these people are the real scum of football.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:08 - Sep 15 with 5274 viewsBiGDonnie

Let him rot in the ressies all year.

#Nolansbetter

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:38 - Sep 15 with 5204 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Whoever is at fault, he needs to be back in the matchday squad.

No excuses whatsoever.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:42 - Sep 15 with 5198 viewsBrixtonBlue

It doesn't sound good from what Taylor's saying and what Lambert has hinted at.

Flynn's young and has never been in this situation before, so we have to cut him a bit of slack. But if he's refusing to play that really is unprofessional.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:59 - Sep 15 with 5139 viewsSE1blue

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:42 - Sep 15 by BrixtonBlue

Flynn's young and has never been in this situation before, so we have to cut him a bit of slack. But if he's refusing to play that really is unprofessional.

And he's a big boy, not a youth player living far away from home...

If he wants out, the time has come for him to step up and show a) Palace what they could have and b) thank Town for their investment and interest in him to date by playing and earning his wage.

He wants to go and play in the Premier League? He'll need to grow a pair before stepping into that more competitive arena.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:00 - Sep 15 with 5141 viewsSWGF

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:01 - Sep 15 by JammyDodgerrr

I think he's been advised really badly by his agent, to be honest. Told him this would force the move when Palace clearly won't meet our valuation.

Agree. Needs to be playing. How desperate were Palace to get him in?

Think Phil has said that they were open to spending (relatively) little on him in the hope that he comes good, rather than throwing £4m at him as a top target.

They could have moved on. They might come back with £2.5m (which I think would do it, with appropriate add-ons). Is anyone else remotely interested in signing him?

Regardless, he needs to be playing.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:08 - Sep 15 with 5108 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:00 - Sep 15 by SWGF

Think Phil has said that they were open to spending (relatively) little on him in the hope that he comes good, rather than throwing £4m at him as a top target.

They could have moved on. They might come back with £2.5m (which I think would do it, with appropriate add-ons). Is anyone else remotely interested in signing him?

I don't see the great rush to get him back. He is our best CM for sure, but right now the current trio and working and forming a great partnership, plus if he is refusing to play, seems quite disruptive. Happy for him to sit out until it gets resolved, personally.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:12 - Sep 15 with 5092 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think he has probably given it the whole heads not in the right place. Right think was done but now some time has been had he just need to get playing again. A game will probably do him the world of good in helping in that process and we could actually do with him tonight. He wants a prem move then go out tonight and show what he can do.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:23 - Sep 15 with 5040 viewshadleighboyblue

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:42 - Sep 15 by BrixtonBlue

Whatever the truth is , this is not helping ITFC or Downes for this to go on .

We are only hearing one side of the story , so don't think fans should be slagging him off , it needs some good man management from the club rather than a stand off .
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:45 - Sep 15 with 4982 viewstractorboy1978

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:00 - Sep 15 by SWGF

Why should we accept £2.5m?
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:01 - Sep 15 with 4952 viewsmarchy

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 12:45 - Sep 15 by tractorboy1978

Why should we accept £2.5m?

Indeed. In these unfortunate days where we wouldn't really have a prayer of reinvesting funds meaningfully, it wouldn't hurt to send a signal - big clubs can't just wave a few pound notes around and get what they want, agents can't deliver everything they promise, and players shouldn't happily accept an extended (and inevitably better-paid) deal and butter up the fans claiming they hope to stay put if they're then going to spit the dummy a month later and try to get out of it.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:05 - Sep 15 with 4910 viewsElderGrizzly

And from the reactions in this thread, the clubs approach to pushing the focus onto Downes appears to have worked.

Their wording today won't have been a mistake.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:13 - Sep 15 with 4882 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:05 - Sep 15 by ElderGrizzly

And from the reactions in this thread, the clubs approach to pushing the focus onto Downes appears to have worked.

Easily lead.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:20 - Sep 15 with 4847 viewsJ2BLUE

Young guy on the verge of accomplishing a dream of being signed by a Premier League team with an agent in his ear telling him god knows what. Who knows what his agent has told him. Money drying up due to covid, you might get injured, this is your big opportunity, Euros next summer and you never know etc etc.

He hasn't handled it well but i'm more interested in how he reacts when the window closes. Mings was pissed off and wanted to go but soon got over it and gave 100%.

Also, i'm not sure I entirely trust Lambert and Taylor. I think we need to hear both sides when this is resolved one way or another.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:29 - Sep 15 with 4815 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:05 - Sep 15 by nshearman1

It seems to me that yet another new agent has started screwing things up. Who is s/he? They should be named and shamed. Some of these people are the real scum of football.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:49 - Sep 15 with 4741 viewsMonkeyAlan

I wouldnt cut him any slack. We all have to do our job whether we are happy or not. Refusing to play, if that's the case, should mean he gets his wages docked. He isnt a kid. And we shouldnt be held to ransom by him or his agent. Stick him in the reserves for the season. He wont be in the shop window at all then.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:51 - Sep 15 with 4733 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:49 - Sep 15 by MonkeyAlan

I wouldnt cut him any slack. We all have to do our job whether we are happy or not. Refusing to play, if that's the case, should mean he gets his wages docked. He isnt a kid. And we shouldnt be held to ransom by him or his agent. Stick him in the reserves for the season. He wont be in the shop window at all then.

We would lose our best player, get no fee, have to keep paying him, damage the relationship with him irreparably and then have to sell him for a couple of hundred thousand next summer...

Apart from that, brilliant plan

Truly impaired.

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:54 - Sep 15 with 4714 viewsMonkeyAlan

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:51 - Sep 15 by J2BLUE

We would lose our best player, get no fee, have to keep paying him, damage the relationship with him irreparably and then have to sell him for a couple of hundred thousand next summer...

Apart from that, brilliant plan

Glad you like it. If that's the case he IS holding the club to ransom. Id still stick him in the reserves. Evans doesn't need the money and we can't reinvest it anyway.
Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 4709 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 11:01 - Sep 15 by JammyDodgerrr

It's a funny one isn't it because he will certainly up his wages but then be farmed out to another club without a guarantee of playing each and every season for the next few years

Where as at Town, he's going to play regularly and continue to develop

It's a turbulent way of progressing, it's almost a new type of player nowadays that you didn't used to get

Tammy Abraham being a notable example of a player who has had three or four loans before actually cracking it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:56 - Sep 15 with 4702 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:05 - Sep 15 by ElderGrizzly

You make it sound like a conspiracy. Maybe the club aren't 'pushing' anything, and are just telling the truth.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:56 - Sep 15 with 4698 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else get the feeling Downes has thrown his toys out of the pram? on 13:54 - Sep 15 by MonkeyAlan

Glad you like it. If that's the case he IS holding the club to ransom. Id still stick him in the reserves. Evans doesn't need the money and we can't reinvest it anyway.

Oh and in the middle of a pandemic when we have no crowds and had to issue loads of refunds. It just gets better.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024