Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow 12:48 - Sep 15 with 2941 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wow on 12:54 - Sep 15 with 2650 viewshomer_123

Even more scary is that the average time the ball is in play for football in general is only around the 60 min mark.

So, that's 30 mins (on average) that the ball is not in play.....30 mins.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wow on 13:06 - Sep 15 with 2544 viewshatch

Sitters loves a clickbait
Wow on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2389 viewsSitfcB

Wow on 13:06 - Sep 15 by hatch

Sitters loves a clickbait

How is that clickbait en?

COYB

Wow on 13:36 - Sep 15 with 2386 viewsSouperJim

It had to be Rotherham. Hoooooof!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Wow on 13:43 - Sep 15 with 2326 viewsbournemouthblue

Wow on 13:36 - Sep 15 by SouperJim

It had to be Rotherham. Hoooooof!

Wycombe probably make Rotherham look like Barcelona mind you

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wow on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 2263 viewsSouperJim

Wow on 13:43 - Sep 15 by bournemouthblue

Wycombe probably make Rotherham look like Barcelona mind you

They certainly mix it up a bit, but nothing like Rotherham the last couple of times I've seen us play them. They literally just play to win free kicks and then launch it in your box from anywhere inside 80 yards.

Wow on 13:57 - Sep 15 with 2254 viewsGarv

Wow on 12:54 - Sep 15 by homer_123

Even more scary is that the average time the ball is in play for football in general is only around the 60 min mark.

So, that's 30 mins (on average) that the ball is not in play.....30 mins.

Of course officials always take that into account when calculating stoppage time though...oh wait.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Wow on 14:01 - Sep 15 with 2234 viewsSouperJim

Wow on 13:57 - Sep 15 by Garv

Of course officials always take that into account when calculating stoppage time though...oh wait.

What? The ball being out of play is not a stoppage. If the clock stopped every time the ball went out of play, matches would go on for far too long. Like in this example, nearly an hour of stoppage time would need to be played...

Login to get fewer ads

Wow on 14:16 - Sep 15 with 2161 viewsHerbivore

Wycombe's entire game plan is based on ensuring as little football is played as possible.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wow on 14:30 - Sep 15 with 2115 viewshatch

Wow on 13:36 - Sep 15 by SitfcB

Your subject titles rarely explain what the post is about when you share tweets etc, it often just alludes to draw people in.

Just an observation - this was a genuinely interesting stat tbf, albeit not too surprising given the teams involved.
Wow on 14:39 - Sep 15 with 2081 viewsSitfcB

Wow on 14:30 - Sep 15 by hatch

Your subject titles rarely explain what the post is about when you share tweets etc, it often just alludes to draw people in.

Just an observation - this was a genuinely interesting stat tbf, albeit not too surprising given the teams involved.

Phil and Gav love it!

I don’t do it on purpose just cba sometimes

COYB

Wow on 14:44 - Sep 15 with 2058 viewsHerbivore

Wow on 13:55 - Sep 15 by SouperJim

They certainly mix it up a bit, but nothing like Rotherham the last couple of times I've seen us play them. They literally just play to win free kicks and then launch it in your box from anywhere inside 80 yards.

Based on seeing all four games against them last season, your description of Rotherham is far more apt for Wycombe. Rotherham were fairly physical but also played on the front foot and dominated us in both games against them. Wycombe spent 90 minutes diving and time wasting and kicking for touch both times we played them and somehow escaped with a point each time.

Wow on 14:48 - Sep 15 with 2036 viewsDubtractor

Wow on 14:44 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Based on seeing all four games against them last season, your description of Rotherham is far more apt for Wycombe. Rotherham were fairly physical but also played on the front foot and dominated us in both games against them. Wycombe spent 90 minutes diving and time wasting and kicking for touch both times we played them and somehow escaped with a point each time.

Wycombe were absolute anti football. Awful to watch.

Rotherham are direct and physical, but do at least try and play a little bit.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Wow on 14:55 - Sep 15 with 2003 viewsHerbivore

Wow on 14:48 - Sep 15 by Dubtractor

Wycombe were absolute anti football. Awful to watch.

Rotherham are direct and physical, but do at least try and play a little bit.

They really were next level. There's not many times I've seen a team have a game plan that involves trying to keep the ball out of play for as much of the game as possible even when the scores are level but that was what they were doing.

Wow on 15:03 - Sep 15 with 1966 viewscrossyitfc

I was listening to a podcast this morning and apparently Wycombe finished the game with a 36% pass completion rate. Lol
Wow on 15:04 - Sep 15 with 1955 viewsHerbivore

Wow on 15:03 - Sep 15 by crossyitfc

I was listening to a podcast this morning and apparently Wycombe finished the game with a 36% pass completion rate. Lol

They'll be disappointed with that, means 36% of the time they failed to make touch.

Wow on 15:04 - Sep 15 with 1948 viewsBlueBadger

Worst thing about this is that we finished comfortably below both these.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wow on 15:09 - Sep 15 with 1933 viewsitfcjoe

There is a League 1 stat pack available here that I looked at from an ITFC perspective...but Rotherham and Wycombe are massive outliers in how they play. Think Rotherham getting a bit too much credit on this thread

Statisitical breakdown of League 1 season - really worth some time by itfcjoe 8 Sep 2020 16:09
https://www.statsperform.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/11-2019-season-review-3.html

A couple of ITFC things I've picked out:

Expected Goals for we were pretty decent - both in open play and set pieces - from open play our xG differed to Peterborough by 0.8 goals but they scored 22 more than us that's mad.

Expected Goals against - pretty similar, but were didn't concede as many as we should have done from set pieces

Pass build up - we were the 3rd slowest team in building with regards to how far forward passes progressed, and with a near exact com bo of short and long passes - shows no clear style bar being slow on the ball

Pressing - bar Rotherham we were the most effective pressers in the league with 9.3 passes allowed per defensive action

James Norwood - high up on Expected goals per 90 minutes with 0.71 per 90 minutes played, but shows he often shoots in 'low clarity' chances. 8 (non-penalty) goals from an xG of 11.9. But ho many chances he gets is a real positive.

Alan Judge - in 10th place in the league for expected assists from open play and 7th out of all midfielders - again impressive and dspite a disappointing season can see why he stayed in the team as was the one creating chances even when we struggled as a team

Kayden jackson - 3rd best expected assists for forwards in the league - his was actually slightly lower than Alan Judge but ended up with lots more assists so shows a fair bit of luck involved

Tomas Holy - Just wsn't tested much - should've conceded 14.5 goals but actually conceded 16, so a negative for him. No stats for Norris

Flynn Downes - 8th in the league for midfielders for initiating pasing sequnces by winning the ball back - most above him are genuine DMs rather than box to box

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Wow on 15:18 - Sep 15 with 1880 viewsWallingford_Boy

Wow on 13:36 - Sep 15 by SitfcB

I'm quite old, so forgive me..
but is "en" short for then?

RIP Sir Bobby

Wow on 15:19 - Sep 15 with 1870 viewsBryanPlug

Wow on 15:18 - Sep 15 by Wallingford_Boy

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Wow on 15:25 - Sep 15 with 1843 viewsArnieM

Those stats don’t surprise me in the least. They have no place in the Championship, either of them.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wow on 15:32 - Sep 15 with 1810 viewsjaykay

Wow on 14:55 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

They really were next level. There's not many times I've seen a team have a game plan that involves trying to keep the ball out of play for as much of the game as possible even when the scores are level but that was what they were doing.

that was always cambridge united game plan under john beck

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Wow on 16:11 - Sep 15 with 1712 viewsSitfcB

Not this again

Blue Action - Key Worker Tribute by Blue_Order 13 Sep 2020 15:31
https://twitter.com/blueaction1878/status/1305112071269421058?s=21

COYB

Wow on 16:14 - Sep 15 with 1697 viewsButterbing

I was wondering at too. Is is a young person ing?

(I was wondering that too. Is this a young person thing?)
Wow on 16:16 - Sep 15 with 1688 viewsWallingford_Boy

Wow on 16:11 - Sep 15 by SitfcB

Not this again

Blue Action - Key Worker Tribute by Blue_Order 13 Sep 2020 15:31
https://twitter.com/blueaction1878/status/1305112071269421058?s=21

Sorry, I don't read every single post on here.

So its a Suffolk phrase for "then", thats ok.

Better than some kiddy speak!

RIP Sir Bobby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024